Do We Need a Point

Regardless of Height

Title: Do We Need a Point

Rating: PG-13

Word count: 878

Summary: Because Minho is too uptight sometimes and Jonghyun’s mind is a playground for crazy ideas.

 

 

 

As soon as Minho steps into the apartment, he knows something is not right. No, it’s too silent, eerily so, and it’s nothing short of a bad omen, Minho thinks. Although Jonghyun can be very quiet at times, it is highly unusual at two in the afternoon considering his restless spirit and twitchy hands. Minho has often come home to Jonghyun strumming away at his guitar while belting out the lyrics of whatever new song he composed or Jonghyun wrapped up in enticing, revealing lingerie, wearing a knowing smirk of seduction (Minho won’t admit to never standing more than five seconds in those situations), but he has never experienced anything like this.

 

Something is most definitely wrong.

 

“Jjong?” Minho tries, apprehension and skepticism evident in his voice. When no one responds, he takes a wary step forward, surveying his surroundings as a chill runs down his spine. This is seriously freaking him out.

 

Suddenly, there’s a sound of quick thumping behind Minho but before he gets a chance to turn around, a heavy weight pounces onto his back and flings him forward, making him stumble over his own two feet and grab onto the door frame to their living room in a desperate attempt to halt his fall. His grip, however, proves too weak as the momentum forces him down and the impact on the floor is a cruel one, especially with the heavy, so far unidentified lump on top of him.

 

“What the ,” Minho spews as he twists his body under the weight, turning so he can get a full view of the unmoving mass and he’s not happy with what he finds. “Jjong, what the hell do you think you’re- what are you wearing?”

 

There, on top of his back, sits Jonghyun with a leg on either side of Minho’s waist, head bent slightly to the right with a sickeningly-cute smile plastered all over his face, wearing this ridiculous, yellow and black-striped full-body suit. What the actual , is the only think Minho’s mind comprehends.

 

Jonghyun scrunches his nose once before replying, using a too-innocent voice. “It’s a tiger jumpsuit,” he says, and if it wasn’t for his proclamation of belonging to the feline domain, Minho would’ve most definitely accused him of being a puppy (he can practically see Jonghyun’s imaginary tail knocking their photo frames off the walls from wagging so hard).

 

“Jonghyun,” Minho says slowly, hesitantly, as if approaching a maniac on the loose, “why are you wearing this…tiger jumpsuit?”

 

Jonghyun turns his head to the other side, his smile growing even wider (the sight is really starting to creep Minho out). “It’s cute, isn’t it? And I thought we could have a little fun.”

 

“Fun?” Minho scoffs. “Jonghyun, if this is your idea of fun, then God help me. Now, get off.”

 

“Why would you say that?” Jonghyun pouts, mock-hurt, though the mischief is clear in his eyes. “And anyway, I’ll get off if you do me one little favor,” he singsongs, holding up his index for emphasis.

 

“Not a chance,” Minho says, more from auto-caution than actual consideration, pushing himself up on his elbows to shake Jonghyun off. Jonghyun has none of it, though, as he leans forward on his hands, pressing Minho back down again and mutters a, “please,” in such a cute tone that okay, Minho has to relent because who can actually resist that?

 

“Fine, whatever, I’ll do your little favor,” Minho shrugs and he can practically feel how Jonghyun’s Cheshire Cat Grin radiates all over him as he finally abandons his straddled position, and Minho is left gulping when he turns around to find Jonghyun staring down at him with a crazed glint in his eyes.

 

--

 

Minho tugs at the green material covering his entire body, feeling the ever-growing urge to itch at his neck where the label keeps tickling him relentlessly. “Why am I a frog, again?” he asks, his eyes very disapproving as they lock onto Jonghyun’s self-satisfied grin.

 

“Because it’s cute, now hush,” Jonghyun finalizes, burying himself deep into Minho’s embrace, both of them lying aimlessly on the couch.

 

“The point being?” Minho queries skeptically.

 

“Minho, there doesn’t need to be a point to everything, you impertinent bastard,” Jonghyun reprimands matter-of-factly, breathing out an incredibly contented sigh.

 

Minho shakes his head because this is absolutely ridiculous, though he can’t keep himself from tangling his fingers in Jonghyun’s silvery hair. The black roots are beginning to show; Jonghyun’s probably going to get it re-dyed soon.

 

As he plays and tugs at the soft strands, Jonghyun purring (huh, maybe he is a cat, after all) at the comfort, Minho thinks back to the day Jonghyun first introduced him to his startling change of appearance. Then, Minho had been quite vocal in expressing how he considered such an outrageous hair dye completely unnecessary, and yet Jonghyun had merely laughed it off and told him to live a little. And though Minho will never admit it, as he looks at the peaceful face resting on his chest with those platinum blonde locks splayed across in a velvety disarray of white, he knows he’s actually grown quite fond of Jonghyun’s rather atypical appearance.

 

And, oh well, he thinks, maybe there doesn’t need to be a point to everything.

 

 

 

A/N: So another update, hurray!

I just wrote this out so I'm sorry for the mistakes and errors and the like bc I didn't edit this, like I never do OTL. And I also wanted to make this longer but I'm not anywhere near ambitious enough to that now and I'm already running late on a promise (bc my special pinapple, this is your #7 *winkeu winkeu*). But I might make it longer when I get around to edit (proably not, though, I'm so lazy >.<).

 

But! Jongho in Hello Baby jumpsuits is just the best. I mean look at them

Hello Baby - Jonghyun photo tumblr_lajivzJaeD1qbms83_zpso4szli7b.gifHello Baby - Minho photo tumblr_lajiubqwnX1qbms83_zpslq4je0di.gif

They're adorable alright.

 

Anyway, this is your gift for tonight, I hope you enjoyed it c:

Don't forget to leave a comment, really, they make my day and fuel my inspiration so more comments=faster updates c:

 

I will see you in the next update then. Stay tuned

Wave . Jongho photo Wave - Jongho_zpse9zucuvp.gif

(Omg why is Key such a creep e.e)

 

 

 

Latest edit: August 13th, 2016