Satisfaction

Princesses of Tennis

Of all the problems I could possibly have foreseen in Paris, celebrity status wasn't one of them. No one paid that much attention to the junior circuit and the lower-tier professional events...right? Surely we wouldn't be recognised?

Wrong. "What do we do, what do we do?" I whispered to Tiffany, trying my best to maintain my composure at the sight before me. It wasn't easy, furtive glances were thrown our way with every step we took, a few teenage-looking boys were pointing towards us while advancing in our direction.

"Relax, it's cool, at most they'll ask for autographs, ask a few questions."

One of the boys shyly approached us and asked in surprisingly fluent English, "You girls are Taeyeon and Tiffany, is that right?"

Tiffany links her arm with mine before replying with a trademark eyesmile, "Yes, we are."

"Uh, could we like, get some autographs?"

"Sure!"

We end up signing the caps, shirts and even arms of the boys, who had apparently followed our careers ever since they had watched the televised footage of the junior US Open final.

"Taeyeon, are you sure Tiffany satisfies you enough? A girl as beautiful as you needs to experience the wonders of a guy..." The boy I am signing the cap of wiggled his eyebrows suggestively.

"Nuh-uh, Taeyeon is mine forever, don't get your hopes up, boy." Tiffany slips her arm through mine once again. I am immensely thankful for her reply, having been too stumped for words, with absolutely no idea how to respond to the boy.

"Alright, alright, I know she's in good hands. We'll continue supporting you girls in the future!"

 


After bidding farewell to the boys, we got on with shopping. Or rather, Tiffany got on with shopping. More often than not I was playing with my fingers and twiddling my thumbs as she scurried around cosmetics stores, designer bag stores, clothes stores, you name it. I had never been a fan of shopping. Eventually, I ended up carrying more and more shopping bags until my hands were completely full.

"Uh, Tiffany, shall we call it a day?"

"Why? I still haven't gone to Hermes, Bottega Veneta..." She continued rattling off shop names.

"My hands are sort of full..." I pouted while holding up the numerous shopping bags.

Tiffany giggled and squeezed my cheeks. "Alright, you big baby, let's go back to the hotel."


Our hotel for the week was self-proclaimedly one of the best hotels in the region, and who was I to argue when their restaurants served up such heavenly food?

"Oh my gosh, this is delicious. Amazing. Fantastic!" Tiffany gushed as she chewed on a piece of what had to be the best steak in the world.

"Mmmm..." Indeed, the steak was one of the best things I had ever eaten.

Upon glancing at Tiffany, I suddenly spotted some steak gravy stains on the side of . My inner rom-com movie star suddenly kicked into life and compelled me to grab my napkin and wipe it off .

"Awww, Taetae, you're learning some sweet moves from those movies we watch."

"Well, I happen to be a fast learner..."

"So do I, and from what I've learnt, I honestly think it's time to take our relationship to the next level."

"Meaning?"

"The boy from earlier made me realise something, I can't possibly have satisfied you enough as of now. That's about to change, tonight..." Tiffany winked at me, a wicked glint evident in her eyes.

I didn't know how to respond, much as I fantasised and lusted over Tiffany occasionally, I had zero experience in that field.

"But I've never...you know..."

"Neither have I, but surely you've witnessed the dark side of the internet before, picked up some pointers. There's a first time for everything, isn't there?"

"I suppose..."

"Oh, and I came prepared too, just you wait until we get back to our room, you'll be in for a treat..."