Hype

Princesses of Tennis

New York Sports Daily

 

Lovers yet rivals-the two women destined to dominate women's tennis

 

Everything about Kim Taeyeon and Tiffany Hwang screams rival. Taeyeon is sponsored by Nike; Tiffany by Adidas, big rival sports apparel brands themselves. Taeyeon is shy, cultured, soft spoken; Tiffany extroverted, playful and loud. Taeyeon always the maverick on the tennis court; Tiffany the classic grinder.

The list could go on and on, they are practically polar opposites, be it in their colour preferences(just for the record, Taeyeon likes blue and Tiffany is absolutely obsessed with pink) to their personality types.

Obviously things are spiced up even further when both of them look to be the most promising tennis talents of their generation, despite being essentially unheard of until the junior US Open Championships.

In what may be the very first of many titanic battles between these two, Taeyeon defeated Tiffany 6-3, 4-6, 6-4 in 2 hours and 17 minutes, in what was a high-quality final in front of a record audience for a junior match, to claim the US Open junior girls' singles title.

What you may not have known nor expected is that the two girls, for all their differences, were the best of friends prior to the championships, Tiffany having lived with Taeyeon ever since she left the US to train in Korea.

They took their relationship further by a notch after the final, with Taeyeon, clearly the quieter, less outgoing of the two, surprisingly making the bold move of confessing her feelings to her beaten opponent in her on-court speech as the champion.

Really, who could anyone on the receiving end of such a sweet and romantic gesture by a girl as attractive as Kim Taeyeon possibly reject her?

Actions truly speak louder than words; Tiffany simply enveloped Taeyeon in a tight hug, the simplest way to show approval.

It remains to be seen how they will handle the undoubtedly mentally taxing and unprecedented situation of having a lover as a big rival, but if their first match is an indicator of things to come, move aside Federer-Nadal, the sport's next greatest rivalry looks to have taken shape.

 

 

Comments


1. They're so cute together, and they both look the real deal, way better than all the other juniors, they'll both be in the top 10 by the end of next year, you heard it here first!

2. How are they so pretty😱😱😱they are gonna be amazing ambassadors for tennis, the sport is really in a good place now

3. This sounds like something out of a movieㅋㅋㅋwhat an amazing story, I wish them all the best in the future!