All Alone

Hidden

2016, United States

Park Bom's POV

"Happy Birthday to you (song continues)" Candle lights right infront of me, 7 candles to be exact. "Happy Birthday, Park Bom! (song ends)" As I closed my eyes and made a wish. *Screechhh* I hear glasses shatter... There was silence. *Beep beep beep* I can hear the heart rate monitor beeping. 

*clock beeping*

I opened my eyes, The sun shines which covered my room. I turned the clock off and sat at the edge of my bed.

Every time my birthday comes, I always dreamt about the same scenario. It started when I was sent into an orphanage at the age of 7. I can't seem to understand it, even if I think harder to learn about my past my head would hurt causing me to faint.

I tied my long wavy hair, as I felt something at the back of my head, a scar. I've had it ever since I was a kid, but it really made me curious every single day. Who am I?

"Jenny!!!" I heard my "mom", well she is the only person I knew that I can call mom. But it doesn't seem that I'm treated like one of her children. I got up and fixed my bed, my room is covered with dust you can’t barely see the whole floor. Today is my 18th Birthday, The only day where I can leave the attic, but there are conditions. 

First, I can’t invite friends, Well that’s easy I don’t even have contact with anyone, ever since. All my friends are currently in Korea, I met them at an orphanage I once lived in. Lastly, I can’t go outside of the house or else a big punishment awaits me.

“Jenny! Where are you?” Cordelia shouted with her thick Russian accent, Cordelia is my foster mom.

She has long dark curly hair that reached her hips which she puts it in a neatly tight bun. Her skin is pale as if the sun haven’t touched her skin, She’s skinny and tall and she has green eyes which is filled with hatred.

Yes I may look Korean, but now I lived in America. I don't know where specifically, there are only thick forest surrounding our house. Cordelia and his husband Herbert moved to America after they married, and built a house in a middle of nowhere and had 2 children. 
 
 
 
 
I went downstairs hurriedly and saw Cordelia holding a big luggage. “Jenny! There you are! Help Esther with her luggage you know she can’t carry them by herself.” Cordelia demanded in a hurry.
 
 “Yes, Ma’am.” I ran as fast as I could to Esther’s room. “You’re late Jenny! You know that you need to wake up early to fix my luggage.” Esther said irritated while brushing her long dark curls. 
 

Esther is my stepsister, she is a year older than me, she looks like her mother ,but she lets her hair down and clipped with a bow.

“Yes, Ma’am.” Her clothes are piled up in her bed like trash, So I need to fold them nicely and put it in her luggage quickly. Her room is nothing like mine, her room is thrice bigger than my room, she has her own walk in closet and clothes, but I kept on wearing her hand me down clothes which are already ruined.

She sleeps in a king sized bed while mine is an old spring bed that I could only fit in. “Jenny, Faster!” Esther shouted as she went downstairs, I carried her luggage and gave it to the driver. Everything was such a blur until everyone was gone.

Once again I was left behind, in this dark house. 

I cleaned the house on my own. I sweeped the floor, washed the laundry and washed the dishes. Basically all I do is what maids do, but in my case I would likely look at myself as slave. I was basically abused as well, physically. That's why there are bruises on my legs and arms.

But I don't recall them giving me the scar in the back of my head, so that's still a mystery. After finishing all of my chores, I went upstairs and went to my room a.k.a. the attic and sat down beside the window, looked outside and just daydream about things I wish I could do. Well it's free to have a dream.


I made a little preview of what happend to Bom in the present, don't worry I'll update a chapter of her past soon.

So I don't have a photo to show about the appearance of Cordelia and Esther. I'll just leave it to your imagination.

FEEL FREE TO SUGGEST AND COMMENT ~(^_^~)