Happy

Her Never-ending Past

 

I collected my lunch and strolled aimlessly around the cafeteria. Each seat was occupied by a student. School was the life out of me. I’d dislodged someone’s nose, growled at an ‘angel’, cursed in English and now I couldn’t find a vacant seat in the cafeteria to eat my lunch. How nice!

  I am sooo hungry. I don’t think I will be able to stand any longer without eating.

“Hei Ryung! Hei Ryung!”

At the sound of my name I turned around to the location in which the calls were coming from. The calls subdued as numerous students entered the cafeteria with their deafening bickering, laughter and chatter which just made me even angrier. Soon I found myself being pushed back and forth by some teens who were penetrating the boisterous crowd to get to the lines. A gasp emitted from my lips as someone gripped her left arm from behind.

“Minho? What are you doing here?!”

“ Huh?! Bwoh? I cannot hear you. Let’s get out of here.” Minho guided me through the mob of hungry students, his arm tightly gripping mine. I thanked him for saving me from the crazy teens and I hurried rolled down the sleeves of my blouse to his the bruises.

“Didn’t you hear me calling you name? C’mon I want you to meet my friends.”

“Huh?” I asked, confused.

“Oh, nevermind. Let’s go.”

“Ok” I agreed. I mean how someone could ever deny any of his offers. Minho interlaced his fingers with mine and dragged me to his lunch group, which was seated at the extreme opposite of the cafeteria. I like how he always held my hand, so gentle and sweet. We arrived a table where three boys were seated, eating their lunches.

“Ah Guys. “ Minho cleared his throat, seeking their attention. “Everyone, this is Lee Hei Ryung.”

“Annyeong! Lee hei Ryung im ni da.”, I greeted them tugging my arm. I was still shaken up when Minho grabbed me by the arm. My sleeve had rolled up and almost revealed the bruises that I would never want anyone to see.

“Annyeong . I’m Kim Kibum, nice to make your acquaintance.” a presumably intelligent guy greeted.

“Annyeong. I’m the one and only y chick magnet, Kim Jonghyun. “, said a guy with a smirk plastered on his face that gave me the impression of him being a ert.

“Maknae?” Minho questioned, indicating that it was the youngest member’s turn to introduce himself. The male student slowly lifted his head and looked at Minho and Hei Ryung, standing before the lunch table, patiently anticipating his introduction.

“Mianhae. I’m Lee Taemin,.”

Your Pov

Lee Taemin? Aish!!! The boy by the window? This guy just pops up everywhere doesn’t he?I couldn’t help but how cuter he looked up close and when I wasn’t fuming with anger.

 “Where’s Jinki hyung ?” Key asked Jonghyun who was busily admiring his reflection in his black studded mini mirror.

“Yah! Jonghyun!” Key cried.

“Mwo? If you continue to behave like that little crow’s feet will appear around your cute little eyes.” Jonghyun said totally oblivious of the question Key asked him.

“Aish!! Babo.” Key muttered to himself under his breath before lighting stomping on Jonghyun’s feet. A shriek emitted from his lips and he flashed Key a deathly glare before returning to his mirror.

“Jinki hyung is at the nurse’s station tending his injured nose.” Taemin calmly informed the anxious Key.

“I hope he will be okay. Hei Ryung I wanted to meet my best friend Lee JinKi, but he’s not here today. Hopefully, tomorrow?” Minho said to Hei Ryung as he bit a scrumptious piece of fish cake.

YOUR POV

Wow.  It is going to be a long day, poor me. I am concerned about Minho’s friend who is suffering from a nose injury. May be he will resent his first day of school just like me. Though, it is quite weird for students to be nursing facial injuries as such on the first day. Hei Ryung , you ought to be cautious it could happen to anyone.

***

I looked at my wristwatch for about the fifth time. Where was the Hwa Yang Mobile? I hate people! Mr. Kwon purposely held me back afterschool to talk about being open. More like being open to kill, I thought. I don’t even know what that means! Gahh! No cell phone, no pager, no nothing. How was I going to get ‘home’? It has only been a few weeks if my memory serves me right and I didn’t even know the way yet and it was getting darker by the minute. I started descending the front steps and I heard approaching footsteps coming from the corner. I froze. What was I going to do? Where was I going to run? It could be another . It was coming closer and the only thing I could do was run. I was running and running until I came in contact with something which sent me landing backwards on my backside.

“Hei Ryung?” I heard it called my name as it helped me up. It was a male’s voice and his hand was soft, like Minho’s but he wasn’t Minho.

“Who are you?” I asked, my lips quivering in the dark and immediately the street lights came on revealing no other than “Taemin?”

“Hey. Why are you still here?”  he asked removing a helmet from a bike he was standing beside.

“I guess the Hwa Yang Mobile isn’t coming, heheh.” I said in a nervous tone.

He looked at me and raised an eyebrow. “You live at the Hwa Yang Facility?”

I started backing away as an uncomfortable feeling wrapped itself around me. “No ,no it’s nothing like that.” he chuckled lightly. “I live there too.”

“Mwo?”

“Yeah, come on. I’ll give you a ride.”

“But you only have one helmet.” I said. He shook his head and smiled. He appeared even cuter when he smiled and my heart fluttered like the wings of a butterfly. He proceeded to put the helmet on my head and told me to trace my hands around his waist. My forehead wrinkled when he said this but he insisted that he wouldn’t hurt me. Eventually I gave in and got on the bike, praying throughout the whole journey. The cold wind and Taemin’s hair managed to slap me in the face all the way as the bike leaned, turned and swayed when he rounded a corner.

“Are you alright?!” he screamed over the howling wind.

“Yeah! I’m fine!” I replied, which wasn’t a lie. I was actually enjoying myself with my hands wrapped around Taemin’s waist and my hair blowing in the cold air.

***

*knock* *knock*

“I’m coming!”

            I dragged myself off my bed to answer the caller at the door. I unlocked and opened the door to see a short amicable- looking young girl standing before me smiling meekly. “Who are you?” I asked irately. I hated being bothered.

“Annyeong! I’m Luna. Pleasure to meet you.”

Luna’s pov

Wow. I heard from Sulli that our new boarder was different but she was totally incomparable to what I expected. Her face was smeared by black mascara; her lips were coated in fiery red lipstick that had a strange appearance and distinctive smell of blood. Not to mention her jet black hair was messily entangled in a ponytail. She wore a long sleeve black shirt and a black Capri. Honestly, I was appalled by her attire and her unusual style of makeup.

End pov

“Mianhae. I stopped by to remind you about nightly worship that commences in five minutes in the prayer chapel downstairs.”

“Kamsamhaminda . I’ll be right down.” I said then slammed the door as Luna descended the stairs.

 

*AT DEVOTION*

Hyuna’s  pov

So, I’ve been waiting three minute so far for that measly new boarder to enter the prayer chapel. I hate her! Acting like she’s all that and a bag of chips and hanging out with Minho. She doesn’t know her place. Gosh!!! I wonder what is taking her so long. Aishh ! Four minutes! I want this worship to start and end as soon as possible, so I can retire to bed to have my beauty sleep. She better has a valid reason for being late or else.

End pov

 

Your pov

 “Nice of you to finally join us.” Mr Mon greeted me as I entered the prayer chapel to be confronted by numerous angry faces. Psshh! They’re just wasting their energy and over exercising the muscles in their faces. I bowed and apologized (because I ‘had to’) then I took a seat beside Sulli,  that she reserved for me. Phew! That was close- ish. Yes! Devotion was over then I was about to leave when I was stopped by him… again.

“Hey!” Taemin greeted.

“Uh, hi.” I replied hurriedly. Come on, I had a mountain of homework to do especially Physics assignments and vectors were not going to solve themselves. Plus I wasn’t even paying attention in class because I was busy sleeping my life away, which was so much better than listening to the difference between vectors and scalars.

“Wait!”

What?!” Okay, that was a bit harsh. Ahem. “I mean , yes?” Trying to be nice was so hard.

“I had a great time with you tonight.”

Really?” By time, he meant the time he drove me home on his bike.”Me, too.” I felt a smile creeping on my face but I hid it when I turned away from him.

 “Ok. See you tomorrow?” he asked, trying to avoid an awkward silence.

“Yeah.” He smiled, said goodbye, and I ran off to by bedroom, laughing and giggling and jumping gleefully, something I hadn’t done in a long time. I was happy! The boy by the window made me happy!