Bienvenida?

Her Never-ending Past

 

My dad came to a stop before a three story’s high building so huge that I was sure it scraped the sky, made of old fashioned red and black bricks situated on a large playground of lush vegetation and bordered by numerous flowers few of which were : daisies, bougainvilleas and roses. How amazing to see a prison located in the midst of a flowery heaven, well that was my fist impression of the hell hole that I was about to live in. See, that was one good reason why I didn’t like my dad; he went about and made unjust decisions like sending me off to a strange facility without asking me for my input. Hello? I was the one who was going to live there for Pete’s sake. I knew he was dumping me here so he wouldn’t have to be bothered with me. Six years was a long time but it didn’t hide the fact that he hated me and blamed me for what happened. It wasn’t fair. Everyone hated me and I had to be hated by my father too. All those large sums that he pooled into counselling for me didn’t do a darn thing. Anyways, I hoped they had butlers to spoil me with special care and chefs to prepare half-cooked meat for dinner, I thought unenthusiastically, rolling my mutilated winter fresh gum over my then dry tongue.

 “Annyeonghaseyo!” a cheerful and plump man greeted my dad and me, his heavy set body jerking the floorboards he walked on.

How dare He!!!!!!!!!! How dare he interrupt my thoughts. Ugh! PEOPLE!

“ Mon Dong Sun im ni da. I am the headmaster of Hwa Yang Boarding Facility.  Nice to meet you.”

My dad and I bowed politely and introduced ourselves as sign of honouring Mr. Dong Sun courtesy and hospitality, which I thought was very unnecessary. Just say “Hi’, shake his hand and you’re good to go.

“AH! Hei Ryung-sshi . We have been expecting you. I hope you will easily adapt to our lifestyle and become part of our family here at Hwa Yang. Come along and allow me to show you and your oppa around our lovely abode.” he said with a smile. That man gave me the creeps. His face was lined with a thin smile the whole time and his black hair receded about 10 cm from where his original hairline should be and his eyes twitched every three seconds, which for your information was so freaking annoying!

 

Your pov

Upon entering the ‘domicile’, to my  amazement we were greeted by domestic workers, shuffling about and trying to complete their tasks. They received my welcome quite well with hugs smiles and warm handshakes, which I thought was odd but any ways I went along and faked a colossal smile and refrained from cringing when someone placed their cold hand in mine for a handshake. I still hated being touched by some persons. I must admit that the floors, walls, and furniture were perfectly immaculate and the appliances were neatly arranged in their respective places and they all coordinated with the school theme that was going on. I gave them kudos for that but it still did not lessen my dislike for my father and I bet he was rejoicing on the inside that he wouldn’t have to see my face at home.

End pov.

“Oh here is another hallway. It is required of your daughter to attend and partake in religious meetings held every night.” Mr Mon continued. “And here-”.

Mr Mon’s tedious introductory speech was cut short when a tall young male appeared before him and captivated our attention. For sure I didn’t know that I would be living with boys and for a spare moment I was rethinking about what I had said regarding my father.

Your pov

WOW. Is it me or does he look…… ugh what is the word? Is it handsome? No way!!!!!! I hate everyone. Remember Hei Ryung you loathe everyone and they feel same towards you but there was something different going on in my insides. He introduced himself to us with close precision and great enunciation in a calm tone. His name was Choi Minho.  Awesome . Seriously?!! What is awesome about him,  Hei Ryung? I chided myself. That could not be happening. GAAAAH!!

End POV

“ Hei Ryung!” the sound of my father’s baritone voice rang in my left ear disrupting my one-sided bickering. I mentally thanked him for that or I would have gone on for ages ranting about the boy that had me…well…feeling a bit tingly. “ Hei Ryung , introduce yourself.”

“Uhhh…”I stalled. What is this am I actually speechless? This is absolutely absurd. Hei Ryung get it together, please. “ Uhhh Annyeonghaseyo, Cho nun Lee Hei Ryung im ni da. Nice to meet you and please take care of me. I bowed at approximately 90 degrees since it was thought of as being ‘polite’. Gosh , I hated that word.

“AHH ! Mr. Lee, we have a few unfinished paper work to be finalised. Please follow me to my office to complete them.” Mr. Mon beckoned, twitching his eyes that made my stomach churn to bits.

“Alright then.  Hei Ryung stay here………. and please do not do anything you will regret.” my dad said in a very concerned tone kind of threateningly and he chose to whisper the latter in my right ear. Man, he really underestimated me and made me feel….a tipsy inferior so my hatred for him just increased by a mere 10 per cent. Way to go dad!

“Don’t worry oppa!!” I bellowed loud enough for those who were close by to hear. One day I was positive to give him something to worry about if he kept on treating me like that. Wow, I’m so mean.

 Your pov

            I watched as my father‘s image ascended the stairs and disappeared as he rounded a corner. I turned around to be reminded that Minho was still standing there. He was dressed in a long dark blue jeans and a grey V- neck shirt. His hair was neatly combed and his feet equipped with black boots. He seemed nice but I am definitely not in the mood to socialize but on the other hand I had this funny feeling that I did not want to be rude for the first in a long, long time. After I had finished my analysis of Minho’s attire, that surprisingly appealed to my fashion taste ( not bad I thought but could have been better) I decided to explore the ‘prison’ on my own.

End pov

 “Umm….Hei Ryung, would you like to me to show you around our home?” Minho offered with a sweet smile that might have melted my solid heart to pure liquid. Seriously, what was going on with these people and smiling as if they were trying really hard to enjoy every moment of their sorry lives.

Your POV

            UGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!! Choi MinHo! Why did you have to ask me that question? I was going to do it on my own. Ok, I will accept your offer because there is something irresistibly charming about you but I’m not quite so what that is, hopefully not a …………..crush.

End pov

“SURE.” I replied trying to sound enthusiastic but failing miserably.

“Don’t be so glum Hei Ryung. The workers here will not let you feast on half cooked meat for dinner.”,he said reassuringly with a heat warming smile again. He interlaced my fingers with his and led me to wherever he had in mind. Awww soft hands! Minho- ah!!!!! What are you doing to me???????

“So, you’re Hei Ryung huh?”

“Yeah.”

“Nice to meet you.”

“Same here.” This is going to take a lot of getting used to.

 

 

 

******

Lucky Hei Ryung she's going to live with guys

comment and tell if i'm lagging the chappies

and oh 'Bienvenida' is Spanish for 'Welcome'

smiley