Resolutions

Her Never-ending Past

 

2:30 pm

2: 45 pm

3: 05 pm

3: 57 pm

I sat on my bed, clutching my phone. I promised myself that I would call my father but I couldn’t find the strength. He probably thought that I was a sorry excuse for a daughter. The last time I saw him, I spouted many hurtful words and in retrospect, my behaviour was unnecessary and inexcusable. The clock kept on ticking away and the anxiety became more overwhelming.

“CRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWLING IN MY SKIN!!!!!!!!” (Linkin Park’s Crawling)my ringtone blared.

“Yeobuseyo?”

“Ah, Hei Ryung did you do it yet?” Taemin asked.

“No. I’m scared.” I replied.

“Don’t be. I’ll come over.”

“That’ll be great!” I shrieked.

Immediately there was a knock at the door. I was glad Taemin made it here so fast. He appeared very unruffled unlike me, who could not hold the phone without trembling like a maniac. I began to dial my father’s number but stopped and looked at Taemin. He gave me an encouraging nod and I re-entered the numbers. The phone rang several times and I was sent to voicemail.

“Don’t give up.” Taemin urged.

I attempted to call him again. The phone rang a number of times before it clicked and I was surprised by my father’s baritone voice resounding in my ear.

“Oppa! It’s me, Hei Ryung.” I greeted nervously.

“Hei Ryung. How are you?” he asked.

“Dad, I want to apologize for everything and this may take a while.”

“I’m all ears.”

“Dad… I’m so sorry for everything. I’m sorry-

The phone conversation lasted for two hours, sixteen minutes and fourteen seconds. I relayed a lengthy apology and I was extremely ecstatic when he said that he forgave me. He also wished that I could accept his love for his fiancé, which I found really hard to supply a precise answer, but I did tell him I could try. I felt accomplished that I mustered the courage to call him along with Taemin’s help.

“How do you feel?” Taemin asked.

I looked at him and said cheerfully “HAPPY!” I grinned and began to jump up and down.

“Come on let’s go.” I said, slinging my satchel over my right shoulder.

“Where?” he asked , obviously clueless.

“Your singing and dance practice.”

“You’re finally coming?” Taemin asked happily.

“Sure! Now let’s goooooo.” I said, dragging him out of my dorm.

I watched in awe whilst Jonghyun, Onew, Minho, Key and Taemin danced. Their choreography was well coordinated and their movements were in sync. Absolutely amazing. Is it me or does Taemin has really nice hair? I wonder which conditioner he is using. Hmmm? I should ask.  As they finished their rehearsal I clapped excitedly and they bowed.

“You like?”

“Of course not! Who does?” I cried. His face displayed a sad look.

“I LOVED IT!!!!!!!” I shrieked embracing Tae in a hug.

Ah… even his hair smells good. Gosh! I’m such a girl.

I felt like I kept on falling in love him with over and over again. I was so glad I found him.

“Come on, let’s get something to eat!” He said. “But I have to change first so don’t miss me much.”

“I laughed at his silliness and blew a really loud raspberry. Just then I saw Luna approached me.

“Hi.”

“Hey.”

“Hei Ryung, I’m sorry for all the things I’ve put you through. I didn’t know you had such a hard life and that you were trying to bury your past. Do you forgive me?” She asked, seeming sincere.

“Do you promise that you will never hurt me like that again?”

“I promise.” She didn’t hesitate at all to extend her hand for a shake. I looked at her arm and looked back at her. Part of me wanted to strangle that neck of hers and part of me wanted to pull her in for a hug. But since I was making an effort to live a better life, I smiled and pulled her in for a hug. And when we parted I felt a sense of relief was over me, like I’d done a good deed. I’d resolve two issues in one day and the feeling was great.

“Thanks for forgiving me” She bowed. “I see you around?”

“Sure!”

And then left. As she left Taemin came back from the changing room.

“Hey, beautiful you missed me?”

“Yeah, what took you so long?” I whined, clutching his arms. He giggled and ruffled my hair.

“Yah, no touchy touchy my hair!”

“Oooooh a feisty side too. Me likey!” He teased.”Are you ready to eat?”

“Actually, I’d rather we go home and have dinner then play a game of hide-and-seek with everyone. I’ve gotten tired of playing it by myself.”

“You know, that’s a splendid idea. What would I do without you?" He asked and I shrugged my shoulders.

 

 

 

 

******************************

Remember what i said about the shoortest chappie?

I take it back!!! hhehehe. Criticism is welcomed!

Don't be shy. I can't bite across a computer screen