PHEW!

Her Never-ending Past

 

Hei Ryung heaved a sigh of relief as the last class before the lunch period was dismissed. ’Just another day in hell’ she thought. She was having a mild back ache due to the heavy texts she carried in her bag pack, and the unaccustomed three inches high boots she was wearing didn’t help at all. Breathlessly, she stooped and rummage through her bag in search of her class schedule. She flipped through multiple pages before finding her locker number.

locker number: 666

            Hei Ryung was dumfounded. 666, she questioned. The mark of the beast ? How can this day get any worse? Almost everywhere she went or in everything she did the number six popped up. How would she get over the past if it kept on flying up in her face?

“Hi there!” a female voice bellowed above her. She gathered her belongings and stood up to greet the person .

“Annyeong.”

“Hi, my name is Kim HyunA and these are my friends, Jung Krystal and Jung Nicole, nice to meet you.” she introduced as she twirled the ends of her blond hair.

Hei Ryung looked at her from head to toe. ‘Hyuna is not one to be fooled with.’ Sulli’s voice rang in her ears stirring her back to life.

“It’s very nice to meet you all.” Hei Ryung replied, just fighting the urge to stomp off. Back at her previous school girls didn’t approach her unless they wanted to flaunt their criticisms that she didn’t care about all of that to expend her precious brain cells on. And she’d made up her mind that she wouldn’t let anyone break down the barriers that she took six years to build, no one would let her crumble, no one would insult her and approach her in an oppressive tone and get away with it. Back at Endwam High, she would have beaten Hyuna to pulp already not caring about the consequences or the reason for doing so.

Hyuna looked back at Hei Ryung with disgust and said something to her friends in pure Japanese and then scoffed. They all erupted in laughter as their twirled the tacky ends of their long weaves.

“Who you be calling ‘’, ?” Hei Ryung broke out in her American slang. Hyuna just looked at her confused and so did her friends. They had no idea what she said. “Yeah, that’s right. Can’t say nothing huh? Stay like that and we’ll get along great.”

Hyuna’s mouth widen as she listened to Hei Ryung ramble in English with her American slang. Finally, she forced a laugh and flashed her hair over her scrawny shoulder.

“ Anyhoo, we will be on our way and I wanted to congratulate you for being accepted into Hwa Yang Academy.” , HyunA said before strutting down the hall with her friends on either side of her babbling about   Mr. Kwon, the flirtatious guidance teacher. Weren’t guidance teachers supposed to suppress their attractions if they had any, towards children but Mr. Kwon didn’t. What was so attractive about him other than his nice teeth, I gave him props for that. First time meeting her and Hei Ryung didn’t like Kim Hyuna one bit. She seemed…annoying. ‘And the next time she tries to bad mouth someone in a different language she should at least use one that is not popular like Swahili, cause everybody knows Japanese. Stupid !’ Hei Ryung thought angrily.

 Hei Ryung reopened her portfolio to search for her locker number .She had already discovered her locker number but measly forgot due to her absentmindedness. With great ease she found it on the first page.

locker number: 234

Hei Ryung sauntered as smoothly as a panther down the hall, keenly observing the locker numbers in order to locate hers. Ah ! 222, 234, 234. Jackpot! Now let me enter the combination and place my books inside. Wah!! It is not opening. Huh? I tugged and tugged at the handle. Ok. Once more. I tugged with all my might and the locker door flew open. Victory!!! *Hei Ryung does victory dance (running man)*

“Ugh!!!!”

“ Bwoh? Omo!” Hei Ryung exclaimed when she saw a boy squirming in agony on the floor tightly gripping his nose. Then it hit her what happened. She struck his face when she  forced the  locker door open (poor locker L).

“Oh My Gosh! Jeongmal Mianhae!  Ah. Where does it hurt?” she asked as she bent down to take a look at his face.

“Omo! Your nose is bleeding. Let me take you to the nurse.” Her humanity was creeping out of her rough interior in contrast to her ‘if-you’re-hurt-I-don’t-give-a-dog’s-bone’ attitude. She managed to get the boy standing on his feet once again. And by ‘managed’ it meant that she struggled a whole lot in order to lift his body that weighed like two tonnes. The pain became even more intense now that he was in a vertical position (thanks to gravity). They hurriedly headed for the medical station that was at the end of the hall, behind area where she had seen the blinding sunlight streaming in through an extensive window earlier that morning.

“ONEW?!” the nurse cried, her voice filled with concern and worry. “What happened?”

“I slipped and fell.” was his response (silly boy).       

“Oh! No he didn’t, I-

“Ahhh!!!!!!! It hurts!” he screamed over Hei Ryung.

            She remained standing staring into Onew’s eyes after he lied to the nurse. She knew that she was the one who had unintentionally inflicted this wound on his face but could not summon up the courage to relay the details of the incident to the nurse and then endure interrogation from the headmistress. Not that she was cared or anything. Hei Ryung, scared? Please! She was quite confused about Onew lying to the medical official. Why? Was he trying to protect a reputation or just plainly saving her from intensive interrogation by the Headmistress? However, she felt thankful and relieved knowing that maybe she won’t have to be kicked out of that school and ostracized too. Onew jerked his head to the right, indicating to Hei Ryung that she should leave and that he will be fine. She bowed multiple times before exiting the nurse’s station.

As she made her way out of the nurse’s station she crashed into someone that caused to her stuff to sail across the room.

“I’m sorry!” a male voice said.

“Yah! Why don’t you watch where you’re going?!” she screamed wiping away the hair from her face. He bent down and picked up her books. “I’m very sorry” he said again. She looked up and saw him, the boy by the window. Her anger subsided immediately.

“Oh.” She took her books from him and as she was about to walk off and he asked “What’s your name?”

“Hei Ryung.” She replied, trying not to look in his eye.

“Nice to meet you Hei Ryung. I’m Taemin.” he introduced offering a hand. She lifted her head and looked at him and then at his hand and back at his face.

“Same here.” She said absentmindedly because she was still upset by Hyuna’s remark and her head was spinning and normally she wouldn’t give a damn about what people said but she did care when Hyuna said that.

“Hei Ryung!” Minho shouted from across the hall.

She whipped around and saw a waving Minho standing by the lockers, waiting on her.

“Bye, I have to go.”

“I guess I’ll see you around?” he asked a bit saddened that she had to leave after he just started a conversation with her.

“I guess.”She smiled a little and went over to Minho.

Your pov

My fist week and I almost killed a person and the boy by the window talked to me! He looked even better up-close. Gahh!!!!!! Please excuse my raging hormones. I hope we will have more talks. He seemed like a nice person. I wonder if he thought the same about me? Maybe not since I literally growled after him when he crashed into me. And that irritating insulted me? How dare she? Does she even know who I am? Gahh!!!!I hate people! But I can’t let them get to me. Not again. Thisis the life. Can’t wait to see what happens next.

 

 

 

*******************************

hmm what does the number six symbolizes?

huh? huh?

it wiil soon be revealed.

sorry if this chapter was boring.

laugh