Skinny Love: f o u r

Skinny Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

July, 2015

You were overseas,you made sure you got to talk to me even after all the matches and trainings.

You told me how one of your team mates, got a gigantic bear to confess to someone when he comes back home.

You said the bear reminded you of me, also mentioning how it'll be taller than me.

You thought it was cute, my height, you also mentioned how I was still tall for a girl my age.

But that isn't true, I'm sure I'm short compared to many other girls.

You still said I was tall.

Says the one who's 1.82 meters tall.

I guess this was also when we started to talk less, we were busy with our lives.

I had papers to do and exams to study for.

We did set some time to talk to each other, getting to talk to each other twice a week.

I was fine with it, as long as I knew you were safe.

It was like that most of the time.

It felt different, something changed.

It was subtle but I chose to ignore it because it didn’t matter at that moment.

You’d sometimes tell me you got a new bruise because you dived for the ball too hard.

I couldn’t do much because we were miles apart so I told you, to take care of it.

You do so immediately, getting an ice pack, telling me not to worry anymore.

But how can I not? You get hurt all the time whether it’s during practice or your matches.

So instead I just tell you to be more careful next time and stop

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter