Chapter 6

The Gray Dragon's Death

Our swords wield like hot iron being forged. The Great Southern King’s power was unmatchable but I was not ready to give up. As soon as I was able to avoid his attack, I hastily ran to a far distance and took my bow and arrow and shot him in the leg. He groaned in pain. I shot another arrow on his other leg trying to impair him . However, he was able to block it with his sword. I hastily took my sword and rolled to avoid his sword’s . As soon as I saw an opening, I slashed the side of his body leaving him bleeding. He let out a chuckle. “You are a sly little dragon. Didn’t your master ever told you not to play with your food?” He sarcastically said. I gave him a smirk and said, “I promised someone that I wouldn’t kill you. So I’m doing what ever in my power to leave you impaired even if it will cost cutting all your limbs. Then, I shall!” I hastily moved forward and wielded my sword with all my might, cutting the Great Southern King’s right hand. He fell to the ground with agonizing pain. I saw him gripped his bleeding arm. “Give up now, your highness. You know where this will lead to if you won’t give up.” I held tightly on my sword anticipating his next move. He wasn’t going to give up that easily. He reached out his sword. I made a step forward. A sudden shriek echoed in the halls. “No!” The king exclaimed. I saw blood drippings on the floor. This time it wasn’t the king’s blood. I turned to see the person. The queen’s frightened face appeared in my eyes. I reached a hand to the knife that was deeply pierced at my back. I groaned and took it out. I dropped on the floor. Blood continued to drip. The queen rushed to the king’s side and aided him. I hastily bolted out and escaped to the castle. I heard loud banging in the castle walls. I knew that victory was on our side. The owl flew over me and landed on a unused castle torch. “Take me to her.” I said to it. It hastily flew and led me to hidden chamber. It was a secret exit way to the castle. I wondered. The king could have just escaped safely without facing his doom when he still got the chance. However, I was too weak to reason it out. The owl stopped on to a ceiling door. I hastily opened it with all my strength that was left and saw daylight. As soon as I was able to get out, the owl started to fly and was entering the Southern woods. I was all worn out. The stab was too far deep that I couldn’t even reach it to stop its bleeding. I could no longer remember how far I have gone inside the forest since all I could remember was following the owl and hoping to see her one more time. My legs gave up and I lost all my strength. I fell with the side of my body on the ground. I could see how blue the sky was. My eye sight was getting blurry. I could see the faint image of the owl flying over the sky. I made a bitter smile. “Maybe in another life.” I whispered.

I found myself floating in the abyss. It felt like I have lost everything but it didn’t matter anymore. I only wished that I could have used my life for something more meaningful.

Meaningful? Like what?

Maybe... Love?

Since I was young, love was taken away from me for granted.

With it my happiness...

I wouldn’t even think of myself worthy to go to heaven...

With all the innocent people’s lives I have slaughtered and killed...

Just to fulfill my duty...

My owed gratitude...

I was more ruthless than the Great Southern King himself...

I was no better...

How could I wish to see her one more time?...

I don’t even think I deserve her...

Pathetic...

I am just pathetic...

I asked for your forgiveness...

I beg you to give me one more chance...

To live a life...

Just one more time...

I would make things right...

And maybe...

Just maybe...

I would meet her again...

And would spend the rest of my life with her...

‘Jiyong.’

I woke up with the familiar angelic voice and found myself lying in a field of green grass with my head resting on her lap. I could barely see her face behind the bright sun’s glare. But I know...

‘I will wait for you... in our other life...’

And for the last time, I smiled.

 

  Author's note:

Thank you everyone for putting up with me with this story. I felt like the ending is about to come. I could feel it. Even though I'm so busy with work, it seems fate is on my side. It provides me time to finish up my work. I apologize for some technical errors. Unfortunately, I always write my stories the same day that I will be posting it. Sort of like, this is the raw data and I'm putting less effort in looking out for some grammatical errors. So please excuse the errors, I will have it corrected once I have sufficient time. If I would ever... *nervous laugh* I hope you guys enjoyed reading this. I would like to give a shout out to the people who had subscribed to this story. I'm glad that some familiar people are subscribed to my other stories. This encourages me to write more. I'm sorry if some of the stories are cheesy as hell, I would wonder myself who had possessed me from writing them. I apologize for filling you with alot of Daragon stories. I really can't think of any better people to use with my stories but my forever Daragon. *nervous laugh* So yeah! Thank you again for the support.  *bows head*

    opiee4                  joysantos                     purple_bee

    danae04               newbie_me                   keres006

    ggbria                   ElliSara                        Pinkysaenghachai

    XtheCatX             NYONGDALisLOVE       GoddessCee

    corea18                jekapellosis                  Theodora

    mylchris               ryouken                        Cheche12053

    Simron6               yanie1986                     chiiiyong

 

@corea18 I apologize for not able to reply as soon as I can. I was busy with work lately. Thank you for reading. I will update the story as fast as I can. I hope you are enjoying the story as I enjoy writing it.

@XtheCatX I'm glad you enjoyed it. I will try my best to have this fanfic be updated as soon as I can. Though I have a feeling that I will be ending this soon. I hope it won't disappoint you. Thank you once again for reading.

 

Kamsahamnida!