Chapter 5

Keeping Scarlet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Valerie had the cat for a few weeks now. With no calls claiming the cat, being informed by a group of school children that the cat had been wandering around the town for a while, she decided to adopt him. Getting him checked out at the vet, food recommendations, tagged, and a new collar, she had made an area of the living room as his play area and put his bed in her room. She named him Geta, after one of her favorite anime characters.

Geta roams the house for a while, getting acquainted with the area. Valerie had noticed that he stayed relatively calm about everything. He doesn’t fuss when she picks him up to hold him, he’s actually sweet about it. Completely different than who he is named after. He sits by her feet when she reads on the couch or lays on her stomach.

Currently, he is in his play area going through his cat house. Though he tends to not sleep on his own bed much, he likes to either keep her company or sleep on the windowsill. His black fur shines in the moonlight peaking through the blinds.

Valerie has just got off the phone with her family: twin brother, younger brother, little sister, little twin brothers, and her two step brothers. She would have conversations with them on the phone or Skype a couple of times a month. Her brothers always worry about her profession being around gangsters, but she would always assure them that it was fine. Val, her twin, was her protector as a child to before she moved. They have a close bond and know what each other are feeling when they talk. He was curious about her new clients and how they treat her. He sounded skeptical, yet was happy that she has customers that treat her well. Drake, one year younger, was happy that she has respectable men to treat her right. That is until she mentions their names. He went wide eyed on camera and began asking a million questions, about if they are as badass as they are said to be and if he could get an autograph from Daesung.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter