Chapter 11

Keeping Scarlet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

On a bright day, Valerie walks into the office building where the men works and heads towards the front desk. She recognizes the receptionist there, as she had met her at Seungri’s club during Chaerin’s (Jiyong’s best friend and head of their sister company) birthday party a couple of months ago. 

“Hello, Dara-ssi.” Valerie bows.

"Oh! Hello, Valerie-ssi! How are you? Are you doing ok?” She returns the greeting.

"I’m fine. I’m doing a lot better now than  before, I’m thankful for Mino and Jiwon. Is Seunghyun available? I brought him some lunch.” She raises a bag with a container inside.

"I’m thankful for them too for being there and acting so fast to get you to the hospital...”

"Seunghyun is in, I haven’t seen him leave his office all morning. I doubt he’s had anything other than wine. I’m sure what you brought will be much better and healthier. Here, go to the seventh floor and head right. His office is at the end on the left, right next to the gallery. I’ll let security know you’re heading there.” She jots down a little map. 

Dara picks up the phone and dials for security. She talks briefly and hangs up with a smile.

"You’re good to go! Thank you again for coming Valerie. He needs to rest, he’ll burn himself out soon.” She praises.

Valerie nods and thanks the older woman. She walks to the nearest elevator and pushes the button for the seventh floor. Once it arrives, she turns right and goes towards the small art gallery that she could see from a distance. As she neared it, she could see offices lining the walls and one that is lit. Through the glass, light shines and illuminates the name on the window, ‘Choi Seunghyun’. She knocks.

 

Seunghyun looks up from his hunched over position at his desk and rubs his face in tiredness. His usually neatly combed hair was in disarray and ruined by him running his fingers through it. He grumbles a bit before getting up and approaches the door. When he unlocks and opens it a crack, he is surprised to see the red head there. His eyes widen and he slightly stumbles over his words.

"Valerie-ssi, w-what brings you here?”

“I came by to bring you some food, I know you haven’t had real food in a while so I made you something! Here.” She hands him the bag. 

Seunghyun slowly takes it from her and looks inside. He sees a container with a transparent lid and what seems to be a sandwich, fruit, and rice balls neatly nestled inside. 

“Oh, you didn’t have to... Thank you. Come in, have a seat!” He gestures inside.

Valerie smiles and walks into the office and sits

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter