Chapter 9

Keeping Scarlet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Beeping of a heart monitor sounds throughout the hospital room. A young woman lays prone on the bed, right arm raised in a sling. Most of her body was covered in bandages and dark bruises. Messy red hair surrounds a swollen face. One eye swollen shut and cuts littered her forehead and cheek. As she softly breathes in her sleep, someone was sitting next to her her hand in his grip. 

Youngbae watched as Valerie laid unconscious, his head resting on his arms on the bed. His bloodshot eyes glance at the heart monitor as it remains steady. Behind him sat Seunghyun and Daesung, both asleep on the couch that lined the wall in the room. Both looking not much better than him. 

Seunghyun’s eyes were lined with dark circles and tear stains on his cheeks. Daesung lays next to him in a similar fashion, hair in disarray. The older had been spending most of the previous day interrogating everyone at the club to find out where the gangsters were, ended up running into Sohye. She had denied knowing anything about the attack and played coy. He glared at her and clenched his jaw, knowing that she was lying. He coldly looked away from her and marched to the owner’s office. 

The man had been informed of the attack that morning and was shocked about his top star being seriously injured. He welcomed Seunghyun into his office and was given a small usb.

”You may want to look at this.” Seunghyun said emotionless.

Confused yet intrigued, the owner plugged i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter