Chapter 7

Keeping Scarlet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Six months later.

Valerie sat among the crowd at Youngbae's club. He had invited her to be a special guest to do a performance with him. Things began to develop with them after his birthday surprise at The Elements. She was feeling a warmth everytime they met at a cafe or the library. Youngbae has a sweet demeanor about him, like he would have a bit of shyness to him when he asks for another outing. Whenever something at work bothered her, he would sit and listen queitly. After she would be done, he would give his opinion and some advice that worked out well.

The dancer looks around at everyone enjoying the beat of the EDM song playing currently. Nursing a soda, her eyes scan for the man of the hour. She finds him in the middle of the dance floor with several people around him. Men and women floundered around him, wanting his attention. His moves were smooth and with the beat. Doing some popping here and there. When the song ended, people began to spread out and a man with a camera set himself infront of Youngbae.

"Ladies and gentlemen! Are you ready for a special performance?" He calls.

Loud cheers echo around.

"Tonight I brought a special guest. She is a good friend of mine and an amazing dancer! Please welcome, Valerie!" He announces.

Valerie smiles and walks from the crowd to the center. She smiles at the camera and waves, giving a small introduction of herself.

The two begin with a hip hop number, something that they practiced on for a few days beforehand in his studio. That was where he had asked her out.

 

A week before

Youngbae watched from his spot against the wall as Valerie went through the choreography by herself to get a feel for it. She wore a loose tank and track pants, hair tied in a high ponytail. Watching her brought back memories of the conversation he had with the other two.

"I think I want to ask Valerie out." He confessed

Daesung and Seunghyun look at him in surprise.

"Really hyung? You never go on dates!" The younger exclaimed.

"Do you actually feel something for her or is it like other girls?" The older questioned.

"It's different. She's not like the others, and it feels wrong to think of her as a fling. I really want to get to know her more."

He looks at the others.

"You feel the same too right? As if she is the one?"

Daesung nods and bows his head, hair hiding his eyes.

"Yes, you two would be a good couple." He smiles.

Seunghyun noticed the youngers hesitance and shook his head.

"It doesn't have to be just Youngbae she dates. I believe she likes you as well. The last time I had a chat with her, she was reading an article about relationships. Specifically poly relationships." He nods.

"I had asked her about it and she told me it was on how the connections between multiple partners work and communication is key. She revealed after a moment that she was in a brief poly relationship when she was a few years into her job. However, the men thought it would be okay to sleep around with some co workers without telling her. She ended that relationship fast once word got to her. I had asked if she was willing to try again, she said only with the right people."

The other two look on in shock. Seunghyun shifts in his seat and crosses his legs, taking a sip from a glass of red wine.

"Are you two willing to do that? To do something that could possibly benefit everyone?" He asks.

The others look at each other in thought. Youngbae mulled over it for a mome

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter