Chapter 10

Keeping Scarlet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Two weeks later.

Geta lays on Valerie’s stomach as she caresses his furry neck. A knock sounds at her bedroom door.

“Come in!” 

Seungri, youngest of the group and the company’s financial executive and top spy, enters the room with bags of food.

“Brought us some burgers and sushi! Some dumplings as well and a free batch of salmon sushi cause the owner owed me a favor.” He cheerfully announces.

He sets the food down on the tray next to her bed and begins dividing the items between them. 

“Youngbae hyung said that he’ll come by later today. Daesung hyung is doing his volunteer work and the other two hyungs are at the office. Jiyong is going through some potential leads on those rats. When Youngbae arrives, I’ll be going to see if any of the tips are legit.” He takes a bite out of his burger.

“That’s good to hear. Though I worry about them. How are they doing emotionally? I know they’re still angry, but I want them to take care of themselves.” She says.

Seungri sighs and shakes his head.

“Your boyfriends are somewhat better now, Youngbae hyung is back at teaching at his dance studio. Minzy has been looking over his club at nights. Daesung is okay and has been looking after Youngbae when they go home. They’ve become closer since the incident.” He admits.

Valerie smiles at that. Seungri sets down his food and looks solemn at it.

“Seunghyun hyung though, he took it harder than the rest. He’s smoking more than usual and drinking more. He passes out in his office, looking like a zombie when he wakes. He still blames himself.” 

Valerie nods, having already guessed that much. The older has been looking thinner as well whenever he visits. After Seungri’s info, she reaches for her phone with her good arm and texts the other two. The younger watches knowing whom she may be contacting.

‘Please come by tonight. Bring Seunghyun. We need to talk.’ 

Not long after she sends the text, her phone rings.

“Hello?”

“Noona! What’s wrong? Is everything ok?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter