Dessert=Me?!!

Cook for The Boss!!

It's 9 May 2016!!! It's finally Ryosuke's birthday. Happy birthday Ryosuke!!!! and less than an hour from now (japan time) is Mirai birthday. Happy birthday Mirai. Because of their birthday, as fast as I could I tried to finished this chapter. Enjoy!!! Again...HAPPY BIRTHDAY YAMADA RYOSUKE AND SHIDA MIRAI!!!

Title: Cook for The Boss!!
Pairing: YamaShi and others
Rating: PG-18
Genre: Romance, Fluff
Summary: Shida Mirai just get kicked from her recent job. This has been worse with all the debts she had. Being able to work as a personal chef for a famous smartphone application company CEO, Yamada Ryosuke had always been her dream. The question is, did she manage to get that job?

 
~CHAPTER 2~ Dessert=Me?!!
Dialog: Shida Mirai | Yamada Ryosuke | Kawashima Umika | Chiba Yudai
 

Umika still not home yet? Ii na~” Mirai throw her handbag on her bed and lied next to it. What Ryosuke said earlier still lingering in her head.

“How about you prepare a dinner for me and my girlfriend this Sunday, I going to propose her. Everything need to perfect and amazing. Okay?”

Of course Ryosuke will have a girlfriend. How stupid of her for even take to a consideration of Umika’s irrelevant idea to make Ryosuke as her own boyfriend. Hello! He is a CEO. And she just a small, cute, petite country girl and most important having debts to stand next to Ryosuke. But she thought Ryosuke was really nice to even consider her as a candidate of that chef position. No time to lose, she must present the most romantic and perfect dinner for those couple so that she can get the job.

Mirai quickly hopped down of her bed to her study desk and pulled the middle drawer that revealed all her precious’s that she kept since she was 6 years old. She liked to observe and disturb her mum at the kitchen as she loved food and also was really curious about how food are being made. She always struggling with herself about her future to be a chef or be the food critic. Because she was like almost every day in the kitchen, she found herself on developing new tastes and decided to be a great chef someday.

Flipping through her almost tore ‘Cook Diary’, she finally decided to do a recipe that she loved to serve to her family during Christmas. She is very confident with that recipe as that was the usual recipe that she always made. She smiled once in a while as she kept remembering about her mum screaming and yelling at her in the kitchen.

“Yosshhh!! Let’s go with this one!”

Mirai heard the front door being slammed hardly. Also a hurried footstep seemed to be closer and closer to her room. She walked to the door to welcome Umika as she knew that was Umika who got back from work at that time. Before she managed to open the door-

“MIRAAAIII!!!!” Umika pushed Mirai’s door and straightly landed on Mirai who was about to open the door.

“Umika! ITTAI! OMOII!! GETTTTT UPPPP~~~”

Umika quickly got up from Mirai and sat silently in apologizing position and asking for Mirai’s forgiveness. While Umika facing down and her finger kept making small circle on the floor, she said quietly enough for Mirai to hear, “Gomenasai...”

Mirai with her hand crossing each other, and her face looking to the other way, “It’s okay…stop doing that before you make a hole in my room.”

Umika jumped back again on Mirai happily receiving Mirai’s forgiveness. “UMIIIKAAA!!”

“Gomen! Gomen! You are angrier than usual. You know I just too curious to know about you interview at the DOCO Apps Groups CEO’s house. How’s his house? Pretty? Big? How much square feet?”

“How should I knew that kind of details! But HE LIVES IN A PENTHOUSE!!! And IT’S REALLY NEARBY!!!!” Both of them squeaking about Ryosuke’s house. “The balcony of his house is just amazing… and the kitchen oh my God… and the…-”

“Ehm…hm…” Mirai adjusting her voice.

“That’s not the main point!!” Mirai stopped her excitement describing Ryosuke’s penthouse to Umika.  She just realized that Umika’s excitement almost infecting her.

“Okay…okay…wakatta. Just promise me one day you will bring me there. I loveeeee to see the house~~” Umika seemed not to give up about Ryosuke’s house.

“Okay the most important thing. How’s the interview? Do you get the job? Because you seemed kind of down, Mirai.” Umika still concerned about Mirai the most because Mirai had been her closest friend for more than ten years now. She already can read Mirai like an open book.

“I got the job! But in an almost-y kind of way~ I need to make a trial dinner for him. And if every goes well, I get the job!!”

“YEAH!!!!” Both of Mirai and Umika jumping up and down kind of celebrating it. Then Mirai added, “He going to propose to his high-level society girlfriend at the dinner and my food has to make her say ‘YES’.”

Mirai already walked out of her room and busied herself preparing for ingredients and utensils to cook. “Mirai, are going to cook me dinner also tonight?” Umika kind of unsure of Mirai’s action made her asking that question.

“BAKA!! Of course I am preparing to practice for the food. I mean Umika, what if I screw this up?”

Mirai’s expression kind of bitter because she not really that confident to cook that well. She thought that she may pull off with Ryosuke because he seemed so nice, but for his girlfriend that she never ever knew he had and met before, Mirai was totally very worried.

“Uh! STOP THAT!! You’ve got to be confident. You know when I am at work, I meet the new clients, I just walked and look straight in the eyes and say ‘Please enjoy stay here~’” Umika walked about the kitchen to show Mirai how she was doing with her work. Suddenly, she banged the kitchen table loudly and said, “Confidence Mirai…Confidence!!!”

“Yeah!!! Confidence!! Yeah!! When I am at the kitchen, I have it together. Nobody can tell me what to do. And Yamada-san knows that by~~ giving me this!” Mirai waving a black and shiny credit card in front of Umika.

“An-an AMEX Centurion? The credit card comes with a $7,500 initiation fee, a $2,500 annual fee and you'll need to be invited to apply for it?” Umika quickly grabbed the from Mirai and stared at it for almost a minute. Mirai just laughed at Umika.

“You do know your stuff huh?”

 

 

*at the day of the dinner*

I going to get this job~~~Lalalalala~ Mirai was singing in Ryosuke’s kitchen while preparing the food for the dinner. Suddenly Yudai walked into the house and continued Mirai’s song with You gonna get replaced real soon lalalala~~

“Hey~~ that is not going to happen!! I will make sure I get to work here!” Mirai kept on staring at Yudai. She knew that Yudai never ever gonna like her.

“Chiba-san what are putting there?” Mirai asked when Yudai kept arranging bags of plastic not far from the Mirai.

“HAHAHA… you wanna know what’s this? This is the best food that beats the best restaurant in this town to back up the food that you are going messed up not long after this. These was made by the chef you met at the earlier interview. Mogami-san!!”

“URGHH~~” Mirai walked to it and said, “You do not need backup okay!”

Mirai smelled a bit from outside of the plastic bags “But this smells really good”

“Da ne?”

“Okay…okay… whatever. It’s doesn’t matter what you say. Look at this!!” Mirai pressed a remote to light up the dining table. The table certainly had been set up beautifully by Mirai at the balcony, a small dining table complimented by two luxurious seat. With two romantic candle on the it to accompany the food that already been served.

 

 

“Oh… I see. Congrats… you can set a table.”

“And can’t you see Burgundy-type braised beef the with the gorgonzola caramelized pears and truffles ON TOP OF IT!!” Both of them kept on staring at each other again.

Suddenly Ryosuke, dressed up in a well-made tuxedo slid down the stair, to both of them, made them stopped arguing.

“OH MY GOD!!! You look so HANDSOME!!” They’re both said it simultaneously. Yudai walked away from the kitchen as he did not want to see or even smell Mirai’s cooking.

“You are really handsome, Yamada-san!” Mirai said it again silently. “Just how lucky his girlfriend is to have you.”

“You know this is my lucky suit!! This one I got from someone long time ago and only made one in this whole wide world.” “But if, just in case, things not going to go my way, I make this super cute dog app to console me. Look… ‘Daijoubu Ryosuke~~ You are the best. You have done the best!! Be happy!!’”

“Yamada-san, Yamada-san… you do not need that kind of app when you have these APPS-ETIZERS!!! TA-DA~~!!”

“Wow this is incredible!!”

“Wait…I also found this perfect song to set the mood, okay ready?”

Mirai started the singing, “Omoikiri dakiyoserareru to kokoro, Anata de yokatta to utau no, X’mas nante iranai kurai, Hibi ga ai no katamari, Aa no asa mo ashiau yo ne~~”

“KinKi Kids? No way~ I always karaoke this song all the time!!”

“Omoikiri dakiyoserareru to kokoro, Anata de yokatta to utau no, X’mas nante iranai kurai, Hibi ga ai no katamari, Saigo no hito ni deaeta yo ne~” Ryosuke put down the spatula that he used as the microphone to duet with Mirai before.

“Hahaha… look at you. I never know you could sing!” “Everything is amazing; I know all these will blow Rena’s mind away. She just so awesome!! Do you know what is most awesome about Rena?”

“What?” Mirai just followed along the conversation with Ryosuke. She knew that tonight going to be the most important night to Ryosuke’s life. She doesn’t want to ruin it.

“She loveeees~~~~ meee”

“Of course! Why wouldn’t she right?”

“Ringggg”

“It’s her! It’s her!!” Ryosuke excitedly showing his phone to Mirai.

“Hey... my love? Are you already here? What? I can’t hear you clearly. You breaking up…wait, I go outside…” Ryosuke walked to the balcony to get a better reception. Suddenly a message come in and it is from Umika.

‘Don’t worry girlfriend! I know you gonna nailed it! Goodluck!!’

Ryosuke finished his conversation. “Um…Mirai… I do not think that Rena going to come at the time we are expecting it.” Mirai noticed a changed in Ryosuke’s expression a bit.

“That’s alright Yamada-san. I will keep the food warm for an hour. Don’t you worry about it.”

“Yup…and you should make it warm longer. Rena said she wants to take a break. Something like moving too fast, not wanting to be tied down or something…”

“Oh Yamada-san..I am so sorry.” That explained the change in Ryosuke’s expression.

“I am sorry Mirai… the dinner is over…” Ryosuke ran up the stair to his room.

“OH NO!!!! How about my job!!!”

 

 

 

*after half an hour*

“Chiba-san!!! Do something!!” Mirai kept on bugging him because she did not know what to do anymore. Both of them just observed Ryosuke from a far that already curling up on the sofa.

“I never seen him this disappoint before. But look! The good news is your trial dinner is disaster. You’re out!! I can get my Mogami-kun in!!”

“That’s not fair!” Mirai tried to defense her position.

“You know why, every time Ryosuke sees you, he going to remember the worst night of his life. Yeah!! I am out!” Yudai leaving the house.

“I really need this job. I need to figure out something.” Mirai walked to Ryosuke, who is still curling up on the sofa.

“Yamada-san.” No answer.

Again. “Yamada-san…”

“Ow… This hurts so bad.” Ryosuke’s looked like he was about to crack up again any moment.

“Yeah I know that. But, Yamada-san. Come on. You’re smart. You’re handsome, You’re charming. You’re successful. You got killer hair.”

“I do have killer hair.” Yes. Mirai got Ryosuke to respond. “I can’t just believe it’s over. Just like that. I feel so empty inside.”

“That’s-that’s because you’re hungry. Wait, I’ll you something to eat.” Mirai hurried to fix something on the plate. The earlier one she made for that ’disaster dinner’.

“Nothing going to make me a lot better!” Ryosuke was going to sank himself in his room again.

“Not even… mashed potato?”

“Mashed potato? Like the other day-” Ryosuke walked back to Mirai. “Oh my god. It’s just soooo good.”

Ryosuke took the plate from Mirai’s hand and sat at the well set-up table by Mirai before. “You’re not going to make me eat alone, are you?”

“Um…it’s not like that. You’re my boss and I am your worker. I think it is not very professional like that…but the foods here are really good. So I guest…alright!”

Mirai sat and enjoyed the dinner together with Ryosuke. Them both ate and talked happily about Ryosuke’s past and a bit about Mirai.

“Your cooking is really awesome. Even though you are not a winner of any TV program.” Ryosuke complimented Mirai.

“Ah..thank you, Yamada-san. That is so nice.” Mirai blushed a bit because of the compliment.

“Just called me Ryosuke. I think you are around my age right.”

“But again, you are my boss… So…”

“Just called me Ryosuke. That’s more friendly, right? And it’s also an instruction from your boss.”

“Okay… Ryosuke-san…ah Ryosuke…” Mirai changed it as Ryosuke kept on eyeing her to called him ‘Ryosuke’.

“So where do you learn to cook from?”

“I learn it by disturbing my mum…hahaha” Mirai chuckled a bit to start her stories.

“I just love looking my mum cooked. Day by day, I managed to learn it and decide to be a chef. My mum is really an excellent cook.”

“Well, I can see that. Really this dinner is perfect.”

“It not over yet, Ryosuke. Wait until you see the dessert.”

 

 

 

*next morning*

Mirai opened her eyes and blinked a few times. Her body and half of her head were inside the blanket. The bed seemed to be comfortable than usual. When she turned to his left, she saw half Ryosuke sleeping soundly beside her. Her eyes just got bigger than before.

She then peaked through her blanket and said “Oh no!! What have I done!!