Who is pregnant? Part 1

Cook for The Boss!!

I just move back to my hometown. I have problem with my internet connection. The router is broken or something. It takes for a couple of days to be fixed. Now it is already fixed, let go to the next chapter!! XD

 

 

 
~CHAPTER 6~ Who is pregnant? Part 1

Dialog: Shida Mirai | Yamada Ryosuke | Kawashima Umika | Chiba Yudai | Nounen Rena

 

Mirai was putting the last macaroon on the fully decorated plate. “Oh Rena-san, are you ready for the high tea??” Mirai asked Rena with a little bit of excitement.

“High tea… High tea~~” Mirai still singing it.

“Don’t!” Rena replied with only one word made Mirai silent and walked back to the kitchen counter.

“I am sorry, I just kind of excited. This is first time making a high tea.”

When Rena made some surprised expression, Mirai tried to cover back what she said earlier. “I mean for you! I do this all the time. I am a professional.”

“I hope so, because this has to be flawless. If I don’t have at least one friend of jealousy, it will be a complete failure.”

“Hahaha…” Mirai laughed hearing that while busing piping the cream on top of cupcakes, but now she realized Rena’s face still not changed.

“Oh my god, you are not kidding. Don’t worry. I got it all covered for all types of peoples who eat every they choose: vegan, raw…”

‘ting ting’

Rena’s phone ring. She showed Mirai the message she just received.

“Oh what a cute pony~!” Mirai commented.

“Hahaha…This is not a pony. It is a thoroughbred horse sired from two horses World Class winners.” Rena laughed.

“Daddy try to win him at an auction for Ryosuke. It is our family tradition to give a newly engaged man a racehorse as a gift.”

“Wow!! My family tradition is just to avoid making eye contact with my gramps while saying something irrelevant. Hahaha” Mirai continued laughing.

“Please do not talk about your life, I feel sad.” Actually Rena spoke from her heart. She kind of sympathy with Mirai’s life.

“Not everything sad. I just buy a new bra. I went up a cup size! When does that ever happen~”

“All the time. It happens to my friend. She went up two cup sizes. And she paid for it. And my sister. And of course because she is pregnant.” Rena replied calmly.

But Mirai’s calmness was the one now going down the drain. “Well I am not that!”

While Rena was already out of the kitchen, Mirai counting the days of her last period with her fingers.

“Oh no!!” Now her breathing is heavier that earlier.

 

 

…Cook for The Boss! …
 
 
 

‘knock knock knock’

Umika came at the back door bringing something to Mirai.

“Thank God you’re here. Do you have the pregnancy test? I am freaking out.” Mirai spoke to Umika likely almost whispered.

“Mirai, just come down. You can’t be pregnant. You and Ryosuke use protection… right?”

“Absolut-maybe??”

“Are you freaking kidding me?!” Umika was angrier and louder.

“SHHHH~~~”

“How come you do not use protection??!!” Mirai already walked into a bathroom with the test kit.

“I don’t know. We used so much champagne, I don’t remember.” Mirai replied from inside of the bathroom.

After a few minutes, Mirai came out of the bathroom, “Did you pee on it?”

“Yeah… and a little on my hand.”

“Okay we got one minute for the test result. Which give you one minute to freak out. Go!”

“How did this happen? I mean, I know how it happened. But why did I let it happen? I finally got my dream job. And it was gonna lead to my dream career. Also I want to have my own cookbook called ‘Dining to the Future~”

“Okay 10 seconds more!!” Umika said while she herself now as giddy as Mirai.

“And all of it could be ruined because of one stupid drunken mistake. I know I am negative. But how if the result will be positive.” Mirai said with less energy than the earlier one.

“Time’s up!!! Feel a lot better?” Umika asked.

“No.”

“Okay. Let see the resul-”

“Hey, Ryosuke~ Um…this is Umika, my housemate. Umika, Ryosuke. Ryosuke, Umika.” Mirai quickly hid the pregnancy test behind her back as she saw Ryosuke walked into the kitchen.

“Hajime mae, Ryosuke.”

Mirai tried to come out with an excuse for Umika being in the penthouse, “Um…Umika is help-helping me to cut… the sandwiches… into squares.”

“But the bread is already squared.” Ryosuke replied.

“I mean small square. For mouth-bite size…ahahaha” Mirai laughed totally unnatural.

“Oh… it’s wonderful. Thanks Umika. We can use all the help we can get.  Of course Mirai did tell you how important this day for me and Rena right?”

“Yeah…of course she did. And also it is a very important day for everyone.” Umika said with a smile made Mirai glared at Umika.

“It is important for me to show good impression to Rena’s friend. I may seem confident and successful at the outside. But in the inside I just a soft and nerdy. Actually I am scared.”

While Ryosuke kept on babbling his worries, Mirai kept on looking down to the test kit on her right hand.

Ryosuke realized and asked, “What is that?”

“Um..it is a…it’s a stirrer” Mirai put the kit into a cup of coffee and stirred to make Ryosuke believed it.

“Don’t worry too much, everything is gonna be okay.”

“I can’t. I have so many things to prepare, my suit…oh no!! I sweat too much.” Ryosuke left to change his clothes.

“Now I understand why did you sleep with him. He is charming!!”

“What are talking about? We have other thing to worry about. I can’t see this. Umika?” Mirai showed the kit to Umika.

“You have to!!”

“I am positive-”

“HUUUHHH??”

“…this one is ruined because of coffee. I need to take another test.”

 

 

 

…Cook for The Boss! …

 

 

 

“Shinohara-san why are you humming in the middle of the day? I know it!! You have some news…no no no…gossip?”

“Oh Yuu… maybe I just happy~”

“Don’t try to fool me. How many years I have being working here.” Yudai smirked evilly, as well as Shinohara-san.

“Okay okay… you got me. I found this in the rubbish bin in the laundry room.” Shinohara-san showed the empty box of the pregnancy test to both Mirai and Yudai.

Both of them surprised.

Especially Mirai.

“I know exactly what is going on.!”

“You-you do?” Mirai asked.

“Rena is pregnant!!”

“No wonder she is so moody!!” Yudai said. “I can’t wait to tell Ryosuke!!!”

“No I am going to tell Ryosuke!!” Shinohara-san argued with Yudai.

“Hey..hey..hey.. no body gonna tell anything to anyone. Ryosuke is so freaking out because of this party, don’t add much stress to it. We also do not even know what the results are. Rena also might not even know. Many people also screwed up their first test right?”

“Mirai have the point here. We shouldn’t say anything.”

“Fine~” Both of them finally like giving up telling Ryosuke.

“Hey guys~~” Ryosuke came back with the suit in his hand.

Both Shinohara-san and Yudai quickly ran to Ryosuke. Shinohara-san managed to push Yudai and said “Ryosuke!! You gonna be a Dad!!”

 

 

 

…Cook for The Boss! …

 

 

 

“Okay let me repeat it once again. You found a pregnancy test box with no test and you have no idea what the results are?”

“It feel like nothing when you said it like that.” Shinohara-san said.

“Okay everyone. I really appreciate your concern. But if Rena were pregnant. She would tell me.”

“Settled! So let’s not talk about it again” Mirai said, with a little relieved.

Suddenly Rena came in into the house.

“Ryo-chan, I just had my facial. Help me with something to wear to make me feel so good and make all my friends feel bad about themselves.” Then both of them went up the stairs.

“She gonna be a good mother~” Shinohara-san said.

“Um Shinohara-san, why are you telling Ryosuke. You said not going to tell anything!”

“I just want to tell Ryosuke something. It is usually Yuu who stole and tell Ryosuke’s the good news. But why are you so concern of it?”

“Because…it is not actually completely Rena’s pregnancy test.”

“Then who is it?”

“It is kind of completely mine.”

Shinohara-san’s eyes were bigger, “What?? Hell no!! Wait, this doesn’t come from the night you and Ryosuke…”

Mirai just nodded.

“Hell no!!!” Shinohara-san said it again.

“So are you pregnant or not?”

“I-I don’t know. The test kind of messed up…” Mirai tried to explain.

“How you mess up peeing on a stick?”

“It’s complicated! It’s alright. Umika is on the way here with the new one. Maybe I should tell Ryosuke now with everything had going on.”

“Tell him what? That you might be pregnant but you don’t know? What’s that gonna do but just upsetting the man? You just keep your mouth shut until you take another test. Understand?”

“Yes mam~”

 

 

 

 

To be continue…