The un-disaster dinner

Cook for The Boss!!

Title: Cook for The Boss!!
Pairing: YamaShi and others
Rating: PG-18
Genre: Romance, Fluff
Summary: Shida Mirai just get kicked from her recent job. This has been worse with all the debts she had. Being able to work as a personal chef for a famous smartphone application company CEO, Yamada Ryosuke had always been her dream. The question is, did she manage to get that job?

 

~CHAPTER 5~ The un-disaster dinner
Dialog: Shida Mirai | Yamada Ryosuke | Kawashima Umika | Chiba Yudai | Nounen Rena


“Now I want to get all the footages since the minute she walked in here.”

“Rena- that’s is so unnecessary!!” Ryosuke tried to stop Rena.

“I want to find out what else she put her dirty hands on.” Rena walked out the penthouse to management office once more.
…Cook for The Boss! …
“Ding dong”

Rena walked to the door to open it. “That must be the officer to bring all the footages.”

Ryosuke and her didn’t manage to get all the footages at the time they went there because Ryosuke seemed to be asking the manager to make some excuses when they arrived.

When Rena open the door, a tall woman, with a bag of equipment stood in front of the door, “Did anyone order a massage?”

“Yes!! Come in. Rena, you seem to be very stress today. So this is for you.” Ryosuke asked the woman to come in.

“Oh Ryo-chan, you’re so thoughtful.”

“I didn’t know massage can be delivery too~” Mirai whispered to Shinohara-san.

“So many things that you don’t know might happen here.”

Ryosuke purposely called the massager for Rena to buy time for him to edit and cut out anything that ‘inappropriate’ for Rena to see.

When Rena already went to the bedroom with the massager woman, Ryosuke went to his office to watch the footages that he already got without Rena knowing it.

“Okay, I just bought myself 90 minutes to watch this footage and edit out anything Rena doesn’t need to see.”
 
 
…Cook for The Boss! …
 
 
“knock knock knock”

Mirai opened Ryosuke’s office door even before he answered it. “Ano…Ryosuke…are you busy?”

“Yeah…currently having a panic attack. Come in and shut the door. What’s up?” Ryosuke asked Mirai.

“Um…I just want to see what can I do before I throw myself off the balcony.” Mirai made a very pity face.

“Well you actually might not have to. See the camera in the bedroom only focus at the dresser.”

“We are so lucky that it didn’t focus to the un-dresser. Hahahaha…” Mirai made a joke.

“Okay…let fast forward to see what we got.”

“That’s us eating at the balcony.”

“I am sure Rena wouldn’t mind that.”

“There’s us drinking and moving to the couch.”

“She might mind that.” Ryosuke’s tone suddenly changed, as well as Mirai’s.

“Then, my top flying into the champagne’s bucket.”

“She is SSOOO GONNA MIND THAT.” Ryosuke put his palm to cover his face. Mirai also already closed her eyes.

“Oh Ryo-chan~ where are you?” Rena suddenly opened Ryosuke’s office door and Mirai didn’t manage to hide and just stand beside the table silently.

“Rena-chi, your massage already finished?”

“Oh… I can’t relax and just shorten the massage time. What are you doing here?” Rena asked Mirai as she noticed stood silently listen to their conversation.

“I…”

“I just keeping an eye on her while I watched the footage.”

“My Ryo-chan is so smart. Let’s play the tape.”

“I already did. I watched everything and no one stole anything.”

Rena just stared at Ryosuke as if not satisfied with his answer. That’s made Ryosuke adding his sentence…

“er… except you with my heart… hhahaha”

“but I still want to see myself.”

“Rena!! Listen, I want to ask you. Do you love me?”

“Why all of sudden, yes...more that anythin-”

“We are gonna stay together when we married, so when I say I already watched it and no one stole anything. You need to trust me!!!” Ryosuke suddenly raised his voice.

“But…”

“But nothing!! End of discussion!! Forget that damn tape.”

“Ryo-chan… I never seen you like this. You are so demanding and mean!! I love it!!”

“You do?” Both Mirai and Ryosuke asked.

“Good!! I say that tonight dinner you must come no matter what!!” Ryosuke instructed Rena.

“Yes I will.” Rena suddenly grabbed Ryosuke and kissed him passionately in front of Mirai.

“O…kayyy....so I am good to go now.” Mirai walked out the room leaving that kissing couple.



…Cook for The Boss! …
“Arggghhhh…so much is going on today.”

“Miraii… I got everything that you need for the dinner.” Umika finally able to step into Ryosuke’s penthouse, when she saw Mirai who are trying to crack the coconut with a mortar.

“Mirai…are you freaking kidding me?”

“No no no… I just need to open this coconut to get its milk.”

“I talked about this sweet view.” Umika ran to the balcony. “Will you take a photo of me out here?” Umika seemed really excited.

“Are you even listening to me? Today has been the worst day ever. Chiba-san gave me the impossible dinner to make and Rena thinks I’m a thief, and I pretty much sure I do not have crush on my boss and he defended me to his fiancé and …huhuhuh” Mirai started to cry and the coconut that supposed to be split into two, splited into small pieces, that will be hard to get the milk from it. All because Mirai knock the coconut too hard.

“Damn it!!!”

“Mirai…don’t cry!! It’s just a coconut, I am sure we can get another one out there.”

“It is not just a coconut-”

“Okay okay…I get you are freaking out.” Umika tried to calm Mirai down.

“Do you really? Because today is just the first day. What will happen on the second day?” The third day?” Mirai stopped crying and walked angrily to Umika.

Umika pushed Mirai slowly to the kitchen table to sit. “Tonight, they are investor from Malaysia. Do you know where Malaysia is? And do you know how many lies in my resume?” Mirai certainly quite expected in Japanese food. But for others….

“Umika, I can’t do this job…”

“That’s not true.”

“What you can do is manage your money, buy a car, pick a decent boyfriend…”

“Stop stop stop… are you try to cheer me up or the opposite?”

“Okay… I am not done yet. What you can do and what you can do better than anyone else that I know is to cook your off!!”

“My…coconut…is…breaking…into…thousand…pieces…!!”



…Cook for The Boss! …
 
 
It’s already 7.00 pm. In another minutes, the investors were about to arrive.

“Ding dong”

Ryosuke opened the door and usher them to the dinner table. Ryosuke and Rena had a small chat with the investors as Mirai prepare the final touch of the dinner.

“Okay everyone, for today dinner, I made “Nasi Lemak with Ayam Berempah”. I hope you all like it.” Mirai started introducing the dinner to the investors.

“Berempah? Spiced? Wow…” Ryosuke tried to help Mirai.

“Next is I made “Tilapia 3 Rasa” or 3-taste Tilapia…ahahaha” Mirai chuckled a little. Their expressions were still the same. Like not interested with the food at all.

“Okay…tough crowd.”

“Lastly, I figured you might be sight of Malaysia food, I make my famous spaghetti and meatball Japanese style.”

Suddenly all the investors are clapping their hand. “We are sick of Nasi Lemak every morning.”

“Okay!!!” Mirai felt a bit lighten up. “If you like this, you must be very delight to see the dessert.”

“Please say apple pie  ~”

“Apple pie!!!!”

“Yeah they like it!!” Mirai smiled to Ryosuke.


…Cook for The Boss! …
 
 
Mirai packed her stuff and ready to go home. While she pushing the elevator button, Ryosuke yelled her name.

“Mirai…wait up!”

“Ryosuke…is there something wrong?”

“Good I caught you. I just want to tell you that your spaghetti was genius.

“Hahaha…nearly having making them…”

“The mood is suddenly changed in there. They are able to talk to other things other than work. Guess what, Mr Cheng’s daughter totally into J-pop, made him brought her all away here even with his business trip.”

“Yeah Mr Ravi also kind of fancy with flower arrangement, that is so unexpected.”

“So…we’re good?”

“Well now, yeah. I mean it was a pretty close call with the ring, Rena and the tape. And to be honest, I wasn’t sure if you’re gonna to pull of this dinner. But you did. Like a rock star.”

“I am proud of you.”

“Um…I meant that am I good to go home?” Mirai felt very happy with Ryosuke’s compliment and just made a silly excuse to hide her happiness.

“Oh? Absolutely…See you tomorrow chef!”

“See you tomorrow boss!!”

When Mirai walked into the elevator, she said “I got this!!” with her hand on her hips.

Ryosuke finally knew that Yudai took the ring from the footage. But he doesn’t do anything to him. He called Yudai, Mirai and Shinohara-san to watch that footage together and they ended up laughing at Yudai.

“You want me to married you? It is so sudden, but YES YES YES!!! I love you, I love you so much!” Yudai was like role-playing with the ring. And then the ring stucked on his finger.

“Oh Yuu, we all love you.”

“I was talking to the ring.” Yudai covered his face with his hand to hide his embarrassment.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
If you are wondering how the food that I am talk about in the fic (for non Malaysia onf of course XD), I put some pictures for you to see!!
 
Tilapia 3 rasa
 
 
Nasi lemak ayam berempah