“I got this!!”

Cook for The Boss!!

So much is going on with my life and I don’t have time to write. Gomen ne. A little by little every day and I kind of finished it today. Finished writing but LJ and AFF kept on giving me hard time to post. Again. Sorry for the long wait. Here’ goes...chapter 4.

Title: Cook for The Boss!!
Pairing: YamaShi and others
Rating: PG-18
Genre: Romance, Fluff
Summary: Shida Mirai just get kicked from her recent job. This has been worse with all the debts she had. Being able to work as a personal chef for a famous smartphone application company CEO, Yamada Ryosuke had always been her dream. The question is, did she manage to get that job?

 

~CHAPTER 4~ “I got this!!”

Dialog: Shida Mirai | Yamada Ryosuke | Kawashima Umika | Chiba Yudai | Nounen Rena

Mirai finally got her dream job. To be precise, in the most awkward way. Mirai kept on thinking about her job how was it going to be with the awkwardness of what had happened before.

“Yosh!! Forget about the past. Live for the future. Datte Mirai wa Mirai dakara.” Mirai said to give herself some encouragement while clapping her cheeks with both hand. “He is your boss. Remember that!!”

Mirai busying herself selecting outfit to be wear to go to work. Officially to work. She tried the blouse, the dress, mini skirt, long skirt, pants… about everything that hanged in her closet she had it tried. “What should I wear today???”

Umika who was ready to go to work peeked a little at Mirai’s door. “Hey, what are you still doing? It’s you first day. You can’t be late!!”

“UMIIIKAAA~~~ Help me choose, I am freaking out!! I can’t find the right outfit. I need something that makes me look professional, capable and like I didn’t sleep with my boss.” Mirai kept switching the clothes that she held on both hands while she was only wearing a bra.

“Ermmm… well we know that he likes you in that.” Umika answered short.

“Umika!! Will you just help me pleaseeee?”

“What are you worried about. It’s simple. He engaged. So from now on, you’re gonna have to wear clothes. Okay?” Umika left a chuckle.

“HEY!! I knowww thatttt!!!”

“Okay okay…Today is the first day of your dream job. This is the stepping stop to one day being a hotter Tanaka Kasumi – your chef idol. So I say this from the bottom of my heart. DON’T.SCREW.IT.UP!” “One more thing, you can gain confident by doing the ‘power pose’”

“Power what now?”

“Okay…now follow me, put your hands on your hips and say I GOT THIS!!”

Mirai followed Umika’s instruction, “I got this?”

“No…no…no… not with a question mark, say it like you mean it. I GOT THIS!!! Like your job and paying our electric bill depends on it!”

“I GOT THIS!!!”

 

…Cook for The Boss! …

 

“Good morning Shinohara-san!! First day~~ What should I do first?” Mirai walked in the penthouse happily.

“Keep your things in the laundry room and keep the kitchen clean. Don’t throw your things anywhere you like. I am Ryosuke’s maid. Not yours~”

Mirai felt like Shinohara-san a lot different than before. “Maybe this the real deal! I need to be careful”

“Well well well…look who’s back. Did you kiss someone in the elevator on your way up?” Yudai come to ‘greet’ Mirai.

“Oh Chiba-san…What are you saying. Of course not. I was hoping that we could have a fresh start and not talk about that again.” Mirai said it while pretending to smile widely in front of Yudai.

“Ermm...NO!”

“Chiba-san, can you just pretend to like me?”

“I stopped pretending to like girl since high school”

“Here’s is Ryosuke and Rena’s breakfast order. So Mirai, chop chop!!”

“I am still reading this…okay, bacon, pancakes…”

“I almost forgot. For dinner tonight you need to prepare an authentic Malaysian cuisine. They are about 4 to 5 investors flying from Kuala Lumpur. No pressure okay. But everything need to be perfect! Okay?” Yudai smiled widely.

“Your resume did say that you familiar with ‘Kampung style cooking’”.

“It did?” Mirai totally forgot what she wrote in the resume. “Ah…I mean. It did. Don’t worry Chiba-san. I got this.”

“What the hell is Kampung style cooking?” Mirai said as Yudai walked to the living room.

 

 

…Cook for The Boss! …

 

“Ohayou!!” Ryosuke came down from his bedroom.

“Oh Good morning, Ryosuke… uh Yamada-san… Boss Yamada?” Mirai stuttered.

“I am sorry. I do not know what to call you now.”

“I said it before. Ryosuke is fine.”

“Okay.” Mirai left a relieve.

“Mirai, welcome to your first official day.”

“Oh… thanks. I am really glad to be here. And this is your first official meal.” Mirai handed Ryosuke a plate of bacon with Ryosuke’s name in kanji.

“Wow your made my name out of bacon!!”

“Um, so we’re good, right?” Ryosuke asked Mirai.

“Good? Oh! Oh, yeah… You, know what happened between us at the trial dinner was just a silly drunken mistake. I just hardly remember thanks to the alcohol.”

“I mean that I really don’t think you like a y or like in a hot way. I just really thinking you in a totally professional way.”

“I…I just talking about tonight dinner.” Ryosuke can’t even stopped talking Mirai before and listened silently to her babbling.

“I…I also talking about tonight dinner. In the totally professional way.” Mirai tried to cover up. “Hahahaha…”

 

 

…Cook for The Boss! …

 

‘knock knock knock…’

“Rena-san…I brought your breakfast.”

No one answering the door, so Mirai just walked in to place the tray of breakfast on the table in Ryosuke’s bedroom. She almost tripped when placing the tray.

“Get it together Mirai. I got this!!” She said while facing the mirror in the bedroom with her ‘power pose’.

“You got what?” said Rena who came out of the shower with only wearing towel.

“Oh my God!” Mirai screamed a little, a bit surprised of Rena.

“Umm…I-I got you this. Your breakfast, Milady.” Rena only watched Mirai with weird face. That made Mirai walked out the room.

 

…Cook for The Boss! …

 

“Okay… breakfast is served. Now I need to prepare for that ‘authentic dinner’. Googling…googling… okay. Here…I need a whole chicken, coconut cream, rices, cucumber, dried chilies, anchovies, roasted peanut, cuttlefish, stir fried water convolvulus and a wok. Oh~~ so many ingredients…”

“Oh~~ I don’t think you have time for walk. If you need to get all those ingredients…” Shinohara came to have a look at a very long list of Mirai’s needed ingredients. She heard ‘a walk’ but Mirai said ‘a wok’.

“I wish I had more truthful in the resume.” Mirai sighed.

“Stop worrying. You’re a good cook. You’re going to nail this and be around here for a long long time.” Shinohara gave Mirai a hug.

“AAAAAHHHH!!!” Rena screamed upstair came down running.

“What’s wrong baby?” Ryosuke asked her.

“My ring is missing. And that cook girl stole it.” Rena pointing her finger at Mirai.

“Oh, you’re soooo fired…” Shinohara-san suddenly pushed Mirai a bit after hearing Rena’s accusation.

 

…Cook for The Boss! …

 

Ryosuke called everyone in the house to living room. He wanted everyone to be proved innocent.

“Rena, I am sure that Mirai didn’t take your ring.” Ryosuke tried to cover for Mirai.

“But Ryo-chan. She was looking guilty in the bedroom saying ‘I got this!’” Rena explained while eyeing on Mirai.

“No…no…no…no… you’re wrong. You just caught me in the middle of my power pose. It’s help me with my confidence.” Mirai showed them again her ‘I got this’ pose.

“Rena, all right. Look, there’s got to be another explanation. I totally trust my staffs.”

Mirai felt a lot relieved after hearing Ryosuke saying that. Yeah, way to go Boss!!

“Oh… that’s why I love you Ryo-chan. You think everyone is so good and honest.”

“I do.”

“I don’t.”

“I agreed with Rena. Mirai is not a cook. She is a crook.” Yudai saying it out of nowhere. His hands were at his back.

“Okay look everyone. Relax… I have the entire penthouse wired with security cameras. So we can go to the management office to get the footages, Rena.”

“We can? Let’s go Ryo-chan!!”

Both Ryosuke and Rena went out of the house to get the footage.

“Oh my God. This is the worst first day ever. You know I didn’t steal that ring right Shinohara-san?” Mirai felt miserable enough to be accused like that. That !!

“Oh course you didn’t. You’re innocent.” Mirai question was being answered by Yudai not Shinohara-san.

“Hai??” Mirai felt weird now because of what Yudai just said. She was the most hated person for Yudai right?

Yudai continued, “Watching that security camera’s footage certainly invasion of privacy. We all need to stop both of them.” Yudai’s left hand still at his back.

Both Shinohara and Mirai can’t stop from making weirder faces. “Urm…Chiba-san, can I ask, why are you suddenly on my side, agreeing me not being a thief. Even though you said I was a crook before.”

“Er…because it’s not fair to treat a person like that.”

“Then, why are you sweating so much?” Shinohara-san’s turn to ask.

Mirai walked to Yudai and pulled his left hand which at his back all time. “And why are you wearing an oven mitt?”

Mirai pulled the mitt off his hand and revealed his ring finger wearing Rena’s ring.

“Oh my GODDDD!!!” Shinohara-san screamed. “I certainly didn’t see that coming!”

“I was in Ryosuke’s room earlier. I saw that ring lying beautifully on the table like begging me to wear it. I put it n and now it’s stuck. And I am going to get fired.” Yudai walked to the sofa and sit. Now he looked miserable more than Mirai.

“I love this job so much!!”

“It’s okay Chiba-san. We will try to get it off.”

“Wait Mirai. Yuu, you need to beg us…” Shinohara-san smirked.

“Shinohara-san…Chiba-san, that is not-”

“PLEAAASSSSEEEE help meeeeeeeee!!” Yudai already on the floor before Mirai finished her sentence.

“Thank you Mirai!!”

 

 

…Cook for The Boss! …

 

 

“Urm…Ryo-chan…when we watch the footage and saw that cook girl stole it, you will not get violent right?”

“Don’t worry, she is not doing it.”

“How you are being so sure??”

“I know… because I checked her out…uh…very thoroughly.” Ryosuke’s almost spilled the bean.

“Oh Ryosuke and Rena are back…See you two…what have I found!!” Shinohara-san showed Ryosuke and Rena the ring.

“Oh thank you so much. Where did you found it?”

“ahahaha…in the vacuum cleaner…” Shinohara-san answered with unnatural laugh.

“But, I don’t remember dropping on the floor.”

“See Rena. I said before. I truly trust my staff. Now it’s good that the ring is found. But Rena-chi you should say something to Mirai?” Ryosuke wanted Rena to apologize to Mirai for accusing her.

“I am sorry I accused you stealing. But you look like you are hiding something in the bedroom.” Mirai and Ryosuke now exchanging look. Both of them felt a little bit worried.

“Hahaha…I not hiding anything, you know I can live my live with that ring maybe 5 years or 20 years. Hahaha… but I do not steal it. What would I steal it right? I have a very fine job now. So why? Right?” Mirai nervousness made her to talk nonstop.

“Ryosuke… She definitely hiding something. Look, she is really nervous.”

“No…I am a natural babbler. I just being here last week and…”

“That’s right You were here last week. Now I want to get all the footages since the minute she walked in here.”

“Rena- that’s is so unnecessary!!” Ryosuke tried to stop Rena.

“I want to find out what else she put her dirty hands on.” Rena walked out the penthouse to management office once more.