Chapter 8 (Rap Monster's Segment)

We (All) Got Married

“What song are you humming to?” Jimin quizzed Hana as she and the boys gathered.

“Suga Suga let me listen to one of his newest pieces,” Hana shyly revealed.

“Wah, he let you listen to a new song?” J-Hope’s eyes grew in fascination. “Suga-Hyung never lets any of us hear his new stuff until he’s perfectly happy with it.”

Suga shrugged at the younger in response.

“You’ll hear it soon enough,” he added.

“You must be special or something,” V teased. “Suga-Hyung’s very private about things.”

“Duh she’s special, she’s our wife!” Jungkook stuck his tongue out at his hyung.

“Don’t do that,” Jin scolded softly. “He’s your hyung.”

“Sorry,” Jungkook half-heartily apologized.

“Anyway, today’s date is between Rap Monster and wife,” PD’s interrupted the group.

“Do you have something in mind?” Rap Monster smiled and asked Hana.

“I do, but I don’t think you’re going to enjoy it,” Hana gave a smile.

“Oh…great…” Rap Monster rolled his eyes. “I think I know what you’re referring to…”

 

~=~

 

“Why? Just why? Why are you doing this to me, Hannie?” Rap Monster whined as he lay on the floor to stretch.

“Because it’s amusing to me?” Hana laughed and joined Rap Monster on the floor stretching.

She had decided that the two would take a dance lesson together.

“You’re slightly evil, you know that?” Rap Monster huffed.

“Hey, it’s not just me who’s going to get enjoyment out of today’s activity,” Hana reminded him. “We’ll make all of ARMY double over in laughter.”

“There’s a reason why I’m a rapper. I’m part of the ‘we can’t dance line.’”

“All the more reason why we’re doing it.”

“Help me, please,” Rap Monster said a prayer under his breath.

“Hey, I’m no dancer myself,” Hana interrupted him. “I just thought it would be fun.”

“A kind of fun where I’m going to make a complete fool of myself.”

“Just calm down, we’ll be okay,” Hana soothed him.

 

~=~

 

“Welcome to dance lesson!” The teacher clapped his hands in excitement as he entered the practice room. “My name is Lee Changmin and I am the dance instructor for BTS. I will be choreographing your dance today.”

“Thank you for taking the time to teach us,” Hana bowed.

“Hyung, help me,” Rap Monster pleaded.

“Sorry Namjoon, but your wife requested this,” Changmin gave a sympathetic smile. “You can’t hide today either.”

“I’m going to die,” Rap Monster faked a death.

“Stop being so dramatic and get up!” Hana laughed and pulled on his arm.

“Alright before I start teaching you the steps, let’s have a moment to do some freestyle. I got to see what I’m working with here,” Changmin strode to the player and put on a song.

“You first, Joonie,” Hana giggled and gave Rap Monster the floor.

The boy, defeated, looked around for a bit as if to check that no one else was watching before giving up and moving his body.

“What the…” Hana doubled over in laughter and felt tears arise as she watched the boy flail around like an airdancer at a car wash. (If you need any visualization, (re)watch the intro from weekly idol)

“That’s exactly my reaction when I first saw this guy dance,” Changmin sighed and held his face in his hands in embarrassment for Rap Monster.

“Guys, I told you this was a bad idea,” Rap Monster wailed and fell on the floor in complete humiliation.

“Yes, well, some things never change,” Changmin nodded.

“Your turn, Hannie,” Rap Monster looked up at his wife in defeat.

“Uhm okay,” Hana awkwardly took a few steps to the beat before adding in some arm movements.

“Oh, my, god,” Rap Monster put a hand over his mouth to stifle a laugh. “I can’t tell if you’re about the same, or worse than I am.”

“Shut up!” Hana slapped Rap Monster’s shoulder. “I never said I was any good either!”

“I would have thought you had more fluidity,” Rap Monster observed. “Your mother never put you in a ballet class when you were little?”

“She did,” Hana snapped back as she continued to move. “I was actually pretty good, thank-you-very-much.”

“Mhm,” Rap Monster held in another laugh.

“Hey, the style is different!” Hana complained. “I can follow choreography well. I can’t freestyle!”

“Well I have my work cut out for me,” Changmin sighed and switched off the music. “Alright. Let’s start with some basics.”

~=~

 

45-minutes later the duo had finally completed learning the basics and the first few counts of their choreographed routine.

“Let’s take a quick break,” Changmin nodded in approval. “Take a moment to get some water and rest.”

“Okay,” Rap Monster agreed and went to grab a couple of water bottles.

“Thanks,” Hana happily took one of the water bottles Rap Monster offered to her and sat on the floor.

“You actually are good,” Rap Monster complimented her as he took a sip of water.

“I told you I was good at picking up choreography,” Hana reminded him.

“I didn’t want to believe it considering your freestyle ,” Rap Monster stuck his tongue out as he teased his wife.

“As did yours,” Hana shot back before dabbing her forehead and neck with her towel. “I’m all sweaty now though. This is gross.”

“Yeah me too,” Rap Monster said as he too was sweating profusely. “Want to do something for me?” He gave a devilish grin.

“What are you up to?” Hana’s eyes narrowed at his tone.

“Will you be a sweet wife and wipe my sweat?” Rap Monster leaned forward with a cheeky grin as he offered his face.

“You’re cheesy,” Hana laughed but complied and began carefully wiping the sweat off of his face and neck.

“And you’re cute,” he murmured back.

“Okay kids, break time is up,” Changmin interrupted the two. “Let’s get back to practice.”

 

~=~

 

After what seemed like an eternity (only another hour and a half), the two had learned their routine.

“You guys look great,” Changmin nodded in approval at the last run-through. “A question though. Do you think you’ll be able to perform this sometime? It seems like such a waste to have taught you this all for nothing.”

“I think we could fit something in soon,” Rap Monster nodded. “The ‘We Got Married’ couples in the past had couple songs and dances that they ended up performing for the fans during a music show or showcase.”

“Are you sure you want to do that, Joonie?” Hana smiled and teased the elder. “You’re not worried about looking like a fool in front of ARMY?”

“I do it all the time anyway,” Rap Monster slightly pouted but nodded. “I’ll even do my own freestyle part if you want. For comedy.”

“Let’s not kill the fans with laughter though, okay?” Hana could already feel the laughter arise at the memory.

“Okay, well I’ll talk to your manager then,” Changmin smiled and left the practice studio.

“Hey,” Rap Monster smiled at Hana.

“Yeah?”

“I just wanted to say thank you for picking this as our date. I know I was a bit whiny and difficult in the beginning since dance isn’t my thing, but I had a lot of fun.”

“I did too,” Hana smiled back.

“Want to grab some food on the way back to the dorm?” Rap Monster held out his hand to Hana.

“Yeah, I’d actually like to stop by and grab some pastries or dessert for the boys,” Hana agreed and took the stretched out hand.

“Let’s go then,” Rap Monster’s smile enlarged as he felt Hana’s hand in his and led her out of the dance room.