Chapter 4

We (All) Got Married

“Welcome home!” The boys chorused as they opened the door to their dorm.

“Uhm,” Hana cautiously glanced around.

“!” Suga swore under his breath.

“Hyung…stop swearing, please,” V pleaded before looking at the mess in front of him. “OH SHHHHHH…” he caught himself.

“…One moment,” Rap Monster held up a finger before making eye contact with Jungkook and tipping him off.

“Let’s go back outside, Noona!” Jungkook caught the message and gently shoved Hana out the door.

The two stood outside the dorm in silence and Hana could barely keep herself from laughing as she heard the boys frantically shuffling around and yelling at each other.

“YAH! Where am I supposed to put THIS?”

“Just shove it over there.”

“NO! NOT THERE!”

“OMG….GET IT TOGETHER!”

“Yah…Yah…YAH!”

Jungkook held the back of his neck with his hand and nervously laughed.

“We didn’t clean it up,” he explained sheepishly.

“I could see that,” Hana put a hand over to muffle her laughter at the 7 dorks.

The scuffle went on for another few minutes before the noise finally died down and the door flew open.

“Welcome home,” Rap Monster, all flushed and red from running around, repeated.

“Yeah, welcome home,” J-Hope wheezed.

“This way Nana!” Jimin, unphased by the activity, led Hana and Jungkook back inside.

“Sorry you had to see that,” Jin gave a kind smile but Hana took notice of the beads of sweat that lined his forehead.

“We’ll get started on building your stuff,” V looked at the piles of boxes and tools laid out for the large family.

“I can help,” Hana began as she reached to open one of the IKEA boxes.

“No, Princess,” Jin stopped her and plopped her into a chair. “We’ll do it. You just rest, okay?”

“We can’t have wifey getting hurt!” J-Hope put in.

“Well, if you’re sure,” Hana sat back in the chair but her voice was filled with doubt.

“We can handle it,” Jungkook assured her.

 

~=~

 

“OMG! NO! Suga-Hyung, what are you doing?” Rap Monster threw the furniture guide over his shoulder and confronted the other.

“What? You told me to screw this board to this one. That’s what I did,” Suga shrugged in indifference.

“YAH! HYUNG!” V cut in and stopped Jin from impaling himself with the hammer and nails.

“I’m lost,” Jungkook admitted and gave a blank stare as he looked back and forth from the instructions to the sad reality of what was supposed to be Hana’s desk.

“This is hard,” Jimin finally complained and threw down his tools in frustration.

“We’re sorry,” J-Hope apologized to Hana. “We underestimated the difficulty of the tasks.”

“It’s okay,” Hana tried to comfort the boys. “But…” she looked helplessly at the complete mess in front of her.

“Leave it,” PDs finally interrupted the filming. “We’ll get some of the staff to figure it out.”

“Good luck trying to fix this,” Suga stood up. “I’m going to the mini studio now.”

“We’ll join you,” Rap Monster nodded to J-Hope.

“Excuse us, wifey,” J-Hope gave a bright smile. “We’re working on a new song right now!”

“Already?” Hana asked, surprised, since the boys had just made their comeback within that month.

“We’re constantly working on our music,” Rap Monster explained before giving Hana a fond pat on the head. “We won’t take more than a few hours, okay?”

“I’m hungry!” Jungkook whined and looked at Jin. “Hyung. Let’s get food now.”

“Alright,” Jin agreed. “My stomach is growling as well.”

“I’ll tag along!” Jimin offered. “You guys are going to need extra help bringing the stuff back.”

“Would you like us to get anything specific, Princess?” Jin sweetly asked.

“Anything is fine. I would like to taste your cooking though,” Hana admitted. “The food you made for BTS during your first anniversary looked so delicious.”

“Okay, we’ll get some ingredients and then I’ll cook,” Jin agreed. “Taehyung, take care of her.”

“We’ll be back, Nana!” Jimin waved and headed to the entrance to put his shoes on.

“Wait for us, Noona.” Jungkook gave a cool salute before following his hyungs out the door.

“So it’s just us?” V looked around at the now empty, but completely trashed room.

“Maybe we should move to the living space?” Hana recommended.

“Yeah, all this mess is making me anxious.”

 

~=~

 

“I’ve been meaning to ask,” V started the conversation as he handed Hana a cup of tea. “I’m not sure how to address you.”

“What do you mean?”

“When is your birthday again?”

“It’s November 1st

“You’re right between Jimin and I,” V explained. “You’re actually older than I am, which makes you a noona.”

“Ani,” Hana protested. “Even though I am older I don’t see you as younger. Jimin, you and I are all 95vers. I consider us all equal.”

“Still, according to Korean customs I should call you ‘noona,’” V insisted.

“Err. How do I explain this better?” Hana pondered the thought. “I allow Jungkook to call me ‘noona’ because he’s 2 years younger. It just seems weird to be called that by someone who’s so close in age to me.”

“So how should I address you?” V asked.

“I think ‘Hana’ is just fine.”

“That’s such a cute name. I forgot to compliment you on that,” V gave a shy smile.

“T-t-t-thanks,” Hana became flushed as well.

The two continued their conversation after a few awkward minutes but eventually became friendly and chatted with ease until the grocery team came back.

 

~=~

 

“AAAH! NO!” Jin complained as he saw Rap Monster curiously pick up a knife and attempt to cut a few slices of onions. “Stop it! You’re going to either hurt yourself or ruin the food.”

“Wae,” Rap Monster asked confused. “It’ll still taste the same.”

“Ani,” Jin clucked his tongue in disagreement and took the knife away from the clumsy leader. “This is why you’re not allowed in the kitchen anymore.”

“I just wanted to help,” the usually charismatic leader pouted and folded his arms.

“Your intentions are good but you do know you end up causing more problems than helping,” Jin bluntly revealed.

“Aish!” Rap Monster gave up and made his way back to the living space where he plopped down on a pillow and continued to sulk.

“What’s wrong?” Hana, seeing the distraught man, had decided to try to comfort him.

“Jin-Hyung won’t let me help in the kitchen,” Rap Monster puffed up his cheeks in annoyance.

“No offence, you do ,” J-Hope interjected.

“Completely,” Suga added.

“Hyung, you break stuff all the time. Do you know your own strength?” Jungkook looked at the leader.

“Do you?” Rap Monster shot back. “You're the ‘golden makane.’ You’re good at everything. You wouldn’t understand.”

“Calm down,” Jimin tried to make peace.

“What’s going on?” V had been in the restroom and had blindly walked into the tense room. “Don’t pout, you look so ugly.”

“Great. I’m incompetent and ugly,” Rap Monster’s mood went down.

Hana sympathized with the large man and moved her head to let the members know that they should give the guy some space by moving to another room.

“Joonie?” She chose a pet name and tapped the brooding man on the shoulder.

“Hmm?” Rap Monster didn’t move but his expression softened at the nickname.

“Don’t be depressed, they’re just teasing,” Hana tried to explain.

“I know they are,” Rap Monster finally gave in and relaxed his body. “It’s hard being the leader though. Sometimes I wonder if the leader should have been Jin, the eldest, or Suga because he’s very blunt and straightforward. I have so many flaws. I can’t dance, I don’t sing, I don’t have a pretty face and I often break things.”

“Don’t doubt yourself. You don’t have to sing. You’re a rapper. You’re also a composer. You write such beautiful songs and BTS is grateful that you, along with Suga and J-Hope, create these pieces of art. You may not be a graceful dancer, but I think you’re always cool on stage and I don’t even notice. So what if you don’t have a pretty face? You’re a charismatic leader and you’re extremely handsome.”

“I’m handsome?” Rap Monster tried to remain somber but a smile danced around the corners of his mouth.

“I…uh…you know what I mean,” Hana began to feel her face heat up in embarrassment.

“Will you do me a favor?” Rap Monster decided to take advantage of the situation.

“Depends?” Hana tried to hide the skepticism in her voice.

“Will you do some aegyo for me? It’ll make me feel better,” Rap Monster teased.

“Uh…O-o-o-okay? You promise you won’t laugh at me?”

“We’ll see,” Rap Monster couldn’t promise but he was definitely interested in how his new wife would be able to perform aegyo.

Hana gave herself a few light slaps on her cheeks to help her focus.

“1+1 = gwiyomi. 2+2 = gwiyomi. 3+3 = gwiyomi…4…WAH!” Hana became thoroughly embarrassed when she saw Rap Monster’s devilish grin and stopped mid-performance before turning a bright shade of red.

“You’re adorable,” Rap Monster laughed.

“You laughed at me!” Hana whined and hid her face in her hands.

“Hey, I never promised you that I wouldn’t,” Rap Monster reminded her as he continued to laugh. “But seriously. Thanks for helping me feel better.”

“Yeah, well don’t expect me to ever do that again,” Hana semi-threatened.

“Oh I will. You're cute, Hannie. Can I call you that?”

“Sure,” Hana felt her heart flutter at the nickname.

“Hannie!” Rap Monster called her name again. “You’re supposed to repeat after me! I say ‘Hannie’ and you say ‘Joonie’!”

‘What is this dork up to?’ Hana convinced herself not to throw up at the greasiness coming out of the derp.

“Okay, let’s try it! HANNIE!!!!!!”

“…Joonie…” Hana gave in and reluctantly did what the man wanted.

“NEEEEEEEEH!” Rap Monster, completely happy now, responded.

“YUCK!” J-Hope gagged.

The boys decided that it was safe to back out into the living area.

“You’re so greasy. It’s disgusting,” Suga rolled his eyes.

“I didn’t know Hyung could be this cheesy,” Jimin playfully swatted at Rap Monster.

“That was traumatizing,” Jungkook had his usual blank expression and clung to V’s arm for support.

“Dinner’s ready!” Jin interrupted everyone and placed the steaming pot of stew on the table. “What did I miss?” He asked in confusion. “Why does everyone look so weird?”

“This person,” V pointed at Rap Monster and shook his head.

“YAH! Don’t point at me! I’m your hyung!”

“Whatever, let’s eat. I’m starving,” Jungkook’s eyes lit up at the sight of food.

‘Life is nowhere near normal anymore,’ Hana thought to herself before picking up her chopsticks to take a bite of Jin’s famous cooking.