Chapter 5

We (All) Got Married

“Hana…it’s time to wake up.”

Hana felt a strong hand on her shoulder.

“Hmm?” She groggily responded to the voice.

“Sorry but you have to wake up now. ‘We Got Married’ PDs are coming to set up for filming in an hour.”

Hana felt another gentle, but firm shake on her shoulders and she finally opened her eyes to see the lazy smile of V in return.

“Not a morning person, huh?” V laughed softly. “Me either.”

“What time is it?” Hana yawned before stretching and sitting up.

“It’s around 7:30 AM.”

“That’s not too bad,” Hana began calculating the amount of hours she’d been asleep. “I got a good 8 hours of sleep.”

“Mmm…” V also yawned.

“When did you and BTS go to bed?”

“We didn’t get home until 4 AM.”

BTS had unfortunately had to leave Hana after their feast the other evening due to filming schedules.

“I don’t know how you all can operate on only a few hours of sleep.”

“We’re pretty much used to it,” V rubbed his eyes in attempt to wake himself up more.

“Uhhu,” Hana stifled a laugh as she noticed the boy nodding off again. “Looks like you’re the one who needs help waking up.”

“Come out and join us when you finish getting ready for the day. We’ll be having coffee in the main area,” V ignored Hana’s comment and walked out of her room, closing the door behind him.

 

~=~

 

“So what are we doing today?” Rap Monster asked the ‘We Got Married’ PDs.

The hour prior had been a struggle. All members were tired and cranky and had bickered the whole morning. Only coffee had helped them all regain their sanity and the group of 8 now sat on the floor of their living area ready to film.

“Today is a ‘free’ day,” PDs explained. “There’s no real agenda. Wife Hana gets to choose what she’d like to do today.”

“Well what would you like today, Princess?” Jin tenderly asked.

“Whatever you want to do, we’ll do with you!” J-Hope energetically put in.

“This is all so sudden,” Hana was stumped. “I didn’t really expect to be put on the spot like this and choose something to do.”

“No pressure,” Rap Monster assured her. “Anything you want to do today is fine, Hannie.”

“We could go to the amusement park? That’s sounds fun!” Jimin gave an eye-smile at the thought.

“I could show you the music we’re working on?” Suga offered.

“We could get some yummy food!” Jungkook clapped his hands with glee.

“Guys, stop,” V interrupted everyone. “You’re stressing her out more!”

And indeed they were as the boys observed the pained expression on Hana’s face.

“You don’t need to choose something right now,” Jimin apologetically said.

“Take your time, Noona,” Jungkook also reassured her.

“Actually, there is something I’d like to do,” Hana smiled as she came up with the idea.

“And what would that be, Princess?” Jin asked.

“Well it’s not really something for me. I volunteer at a local children’s hospital and there is this sweet boy, Son Daehyun. He’s the son of Son Inhwa, producer of this show. He was diagnosed with cancer at his young age of 8 and his parents can’t afford the surgery that’s needed to treat him.”

“That’s so sad,” J-Hope gave a somber look.

“What can we do to help?” Suga scratched the back of his neck in attempt to hide his emotions.

“I was thinking BTS could do a charity concert!” Hana smiled. “All proceeds can go to paying for Daehyn’s surgery!”

“That’s a great idea,” Rap Monster nodded. “But putting on a show takes a lot of time and planning.”

“It doesn’t have to been a big production,” Hana elaborated. “As an ARMY, I know that fans will pay to see you perform even if it was held in a landfill.”

“Ew…” Jimin gagged in disgust.

“She does have a point,” Jin reasoned.

“I guess we could pull something together,” V looked to the PDs. “Right?”

“We have equipment that you can use,” PDs responded.

“We could perform a bunch of our best hits, including our newest comeback songs,” Jungkook threw in.

“Okay everyone,” Rap Monster brought everyone’s attention to focus. “Post the announcement on the fan café and your social media accounts! We need to spread the word!”

 

~=~

 

“KYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!”

“BTS!!!!”

“SARANGHAE!!!!”

Hana cringed at the overwhelming noise.

‘I can’t believe I used to act like this. I wonder if I’m not as hyper since I’m closer to them.’

The concert had been thrown together and Hana, as well as a large fan base had gathered over a stretch of the Han River.

“Thank you for coming out on such short notice,” Rap Monster bowed to the fans in gratitude.

“We can’t thank you enough for coming. Thank you for supporting BTS,” Jin waved.

“We just wanted to remind you all that tonight’s last-minute concert is for a good cause. The entrance fee you all paid will be going towards paying for surgery that will save a life,” J-Hope explained.

“Thanks for coming, stay safe,” Suga smiled slightly.

“Thanks for coming out to play with us!” Jimin gave a peace sign.

“Thank yooooou!” Jungkook spoke in his limited English.

“Bye now!” V waved with both his hands.

~=~

 

“Ugh, I’m so tired!” Rap Monster collapsed on the floor as soon as BTS and Hana had entered the dorm.

“I call dibs on showering first,” Suga announced and made a dash towards the bathroom.

“No! So unfair!” Jungkook whined. “I’m so disgusting!”

“So this is what goes on after your schedules and concerts?” Hana laughed at the bickering boys.

“The disadvantage of having 7 boys in 1 dorm that only has 1 bathroom,” Jin explained.

“I’m tired but I feel good,” Jimin also lay on the floor and began to stretch. “It was good to see ARMY and we were raising money for a good cause.”

“Yeah, I can’t wait to announce the surprise to Producer Inhwa tomorrow,” Hana smiled at the thought. “I hope we can all spend a day with Daehyun when he recovers from the surgery.”

“You know,” V mentioned. “You’re very self-less, Hana. It’s okay to ask for something that you want for yourself too.”

“Yeah! We want to do something exclusively for wifey!” J-Hope gave a large grin.

“They’re right,” Rap Monster gave a gentle smile. “Today was supposed to be what Hannie wanted to do.”

“Are you sure there isn’t something you’d like us to do for you, Princess?” Jin asked.

“We want to make you happy, Nana!” Jimin looked up from his stretching.

“You guys,” Hana held back a choke. “You’re all so self-less as well. Thank you for the offer. I’ll give it some thought and let you know.”

“Are you going to cry?” Jungkook gave a panicked stare, remembering the first time that they had met.

“Don’t cry!” V patted Hana’s back. “We just want to do something nice for you.”

“You know what will help when wifey wants to cry?” J-Hope approached Hana before giving her a large bear hug. “Hugs!”

‘EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK!’ Hana immediately froze and mentally spazzed out.

“YAH, YAH, YAH!” Rap Monster yelled.

“So crude,” Jin also disagreed with his donsaeng’s behavior.

“I want to hug Nana too!” Jimin complained.

“I didn’t realize we were past the point of comfort where that much skin-ship is allowed,” V remarked to the camera.

“…..” Jungkook had no words and the whole group remained silent for a moment until the pitter-patter of Suga’s feet entered the room.

“What is this? What did I miss?” Suga threw daggers at J-Hope. “Why are you clinging on to her like a koala?”

“Because I like her?” J-Hope shot back.

“Uh, is it just me or did the mood just change?” Jimin observed.

“Uhm, can we stop rolling?” Rap Monster gave the signal to the PDs.

 

~=~

 

“So why is this so serious?” Rap Monster looked from Suga to J-Hope.

The group of 7 had decided to have a team conversation without Hana present.

“I have no idea what just happened,” V shrugged his shoulders in confusion.

“I leave to take a shower and then when I come back this guy is all over her!” Suga muttered.

“Why are you so upset though?” Jin asked.

“Are…are you jealous?” Jungkook’s eyes bulged out. “I’ve never seen Suga-Hyung like this.”

“What? Me? Jealous? Hell no,” Suga scoffed.

“It’s okay to admit that you like her,” Jimin looked at the boy. “I think we all can admit that we each have special feelings for her in different ways.”

“It’s only been a few days but we’ve all developed relationships with her. We have nicknames for each other and we all can see that she has great moral character,” J-Hope finally spoke seriously.

“I’m concerned that if stuff like this happens again that it could ruin the show and our group dynamic. ARMY love seeing us as one big, happy family. But once feelings get involved it could get messy,” Rap Monster took over. “I think we need to work this out before it gets out of hand.”

“So what should we do?” Jungkook asked.

“Well do we choose between the show or our real feelings?” Jimin also put in.

“Why not both?” V offered. “We could start making separate segments. Like more one-on-one time with her. Or we could suggest a friendly competition between members and the winner will get more time with her?”

“We’ll have to run it by PDs. All I know is we need to work something out because we don’t want any situation like this to occur again and get out of hand.”

 

~=~

 

Hana sighed and picked up her cell phone to call Minah. She had been banished to her room while the boys talked and she was worried.

“Neh?” Minah’s voice came from the other line.

“It’s me,” Hana replied back.

“HANA! HI!” Minah cheerfully greeted her friend. “I haven’t heard from you since you started filming. Not going to lie, I was a bit sad when you didn’t update me right after you met BTS. I’ve been following the program as it airs though and it looks like you’re having a great time. They’ve been treating you well, right?”

“Minanhae,” Hana apologized. “I’ve been busy and the whole experience has been overwhelming. I’m not sure what’s happening now. You won’t know what I’m talking about since the episode won’t air for another couple weeks but I’ll spoil a bit of it for you since I need someone to talk to.”

“Okay?”

“So we were all just having a conversation in the living area when we got back from a special schedule and they were being so sweet. They wanted to know what I really wanted to do with them and they seemed very attentive. It touched me so I almost cried and then J-Hope gave me a hug. It seemed to annoy Suga a bit and the tension was through the roof. We had to stop filming. I guess they’re talking about what happened now but I’m in my room because they didn’t want me around.”

“Have you every considered that maybe these boys are catching real feelings for you?” Minah asked after listening to Hana.

“No…I actually haven’t,” Hana took a moment to think. “I mean, I know they’ve been very nice and thoughtful towards me and they act sweet. But I never considered that they’d actually like me that way because I’m just a normal girl and a normal fan. I didn’t think stuff happened like that.”

“Just because they’re idols doesn’t mean they aren’t human as well. A lot of celebrities do date and marry other celebrities, but there are also a fair share who date and marry regular citizens.”

“I never thought about that really.”

“Well it’s just a thought. It seems like these boys have really taken a liking to you and maybe feelings are coming out.”

“It’s only been a few days though. I didn’t think feelings developed fast.”

“Everyone’s different.”

“I hope this doesn’t mess with their dynamic. They’re all so great together. The last thing I want to do is drive a rift between them.”

“They’re probably talking about that too. BTS is very important to those boys as well. Don’t stress. I don’t think they want you to be worried.”

“Okay, well thank you for talking to me. I really appreciate it. Sorry if I disturbed you,” Hana wrapped up the conversation.

“Anytime. I’m here whenever you want to talk. Keep me updated!”

“I will, bye!”

The two girls hung up and Hana was left alone in her room again.

‘I hope this won’t cause a big problem.'