Chapter 2

We (All) Got Married

“Are you nervous?” The makeup unnie asked Hana as she gently dabbed some blush onto Hana’s cheeks.

“The word ‘nervous’ doesn’t even describe 1/10th of how I’m feeling,” Hana clutched her heart. “My heart is racing at a crazy speed at the moment. I don’t know how I’m going to deal with meeting them all at once.”

It was the first day of filming for ‘We Got Married,’ and mostly everyone, including the BTS boys were kept in the dark about who the lucky girl playing their ‘wife’ would be.

“We want their honest emotions to come through during the show, especially during the first meeting,” Mr. Nam had explained in the episode meeting that was held a few days before.

“Well as their makeup artist,” the unnie spoke again as she took a step back to evaluate Hana. “I can assure you that they’ll try to be on their best behavior. However, the craziness will eventually come out.”

“I hope they’re not disappointed,” Hana assessed herself in the mirror.

‘I don’t know if this looks like me. I look so much prettier with this makeup than I do in real life.’

“Do you not like it?”

“I love it,” Hana praised. “I’m just not sure if such a glamorous look is for me. I prefer a more natural face.”

“It does look like a lot,” the makeup unnie agreed. “But I promise that it will look a lot more natural on camera.”

“Miss Shin, we’re ready to begin filming,” Mr. Nam poked his head in the room.

“Good luck,” the makeup unnie gave a wink to Hana before shooing her out.

 

~=~

 

“Alright. We’re getting ready to film the first meeting between Miss Shin and the boys. Can we have it quiet on the set please? Miss Shin, please try to relax and just think of the cameras as objects in the background. Focus on your own feelings of finally being able to meet BTS.”

‘I can’t do this,’ Hana mentally freaked out as she took a seat facing away from the cameras.

“Bring in the boys. And ACTION!”

Hana heard the scuffle of many feet enter the set and the boys began to speak.

“1-2-3, we are bang TAN! Thank you, we will work hard!” Rap Monster led the group in their signature greeting in his smooth voice.

“WAH, today we are very excited,” Jin addressed the members. “Because today we are finally able to meet our ‘wife.’”

“Don’t you think it’s a bit odd that there’s only one ‘wife,’ but we’re all the ‘husband?’” J-Hope proposed the question. “Does that make all of us each other’s ‘husbands’ too?”

“Does that even matter?” Suga lazily input. “ARMY is always shipping us as a big, close family anyway.”

“I don’t mind!” Jimin offered an eye-smile.

“It is weird though,” V agreed with his hyung.

“I wonder if she’s going to be younger than all of us or if she’ll be a noona,” Jungkook quizzically stared at the camera.

“Oh? What’s this?” Rap Monster accepted the prompt card from the directors. “We have a profile for her!”

“Is there a picture?” Jimin casually slung an arm over Rap Monster’s shoulders and read over the elder’s shoulder.

“YAH! GET OFF ME!” Rap Monster shook off the younger and made a face. “Who do you think you are? Am I your friend?”

“Uh…yes?” Jimin rolled his eyes but stepped away.

“Give that,” Suga sighed impatiently. “I don’t have time for you guys to be goofing off.”

“You’re so dull, Suga-Hyung,” J-Hope did a little dance.

“Shut up,” Suga snapped before turning back to the card. “Name is Shin Hana. 21-years-old. Graduate student studying to be a pediatrician and volunteers at the local children’s hospital. Loves BTS and her bias is…”

“Who’s her bias?” Jungkook raised an eyebrow.

“Obviously it’s me,” Jin gave a smirk. “I mean, have you seen my face?”

“We aren’t telling you,” the PD’s remarked. “This is your first mission for the first meeting. You must find out who your ‘wife’ likes the most in BTS.”

“Oh, so it’s a mission,” V clapped his hands in glee. “I love games!”

“Wait, wait, wait,” Suga squinted as he reread the profile. “Isn’t this girl most suited for Rap Monster? I mean she’s the perfect age and she’s going to school to be a pediatrician? She must be smart then.”

“Yah, are you saying none of us have a chance then?” Jimin pouted.

“Doubt it. She won’t be able to handle your stupidness,” Suga bluntly shot back.

“OMG,” Jimin held his neck, faking a high blood pressure. “This hyung!”

‘I feel like I have to pee,’ Hana cried inside. ‘They’re all too lovable and I can’t handle it.’

Without thinking, Hana let out a laugh.

“What the?” Rap Monster turned around to see the backside of Hana. “She was here all along? Did she hear all of this?” He confusingly asked the producers.

“You didn’t see her sitting there when you entered?” The PD’s asked back.

“Sorry, I thought she was an extra or something. I mean, you did ask us to come film at a public location.”

“….”

There was a long awkward pause as everyone tried to regain their senses.

“Well if no one else is going to approach her, I will,” J-Hope did a shimmy before creeping closer to the chair. “Miss Shin? Are you our ‘wife?’”

‘This is it…’ Hana took a deep breath before standing up and turning around to face the giddy boy.

“Neh, hello I’m Shin Hana!”

“WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!” The boys reacted.

“Hello I’m Jin,” the eldest boy confidently smiled and held out a hand.

“Yo. I’m Suga,” Suga gave a peace sign.

“Hello, I’m Rap Monster,” the leader gave a bow.

“I’m J-Hope, but you can call me Hobi!”

“Uh…uh…EXCUSEU MEEEEE!” Jimin laughed at his own English. “I am Jiminnie!”

“I’m V,” V gave a toothy grin.

“I’m Jungkook. You may be a noona but I’ll show you that I’m a man,” the maknae coolly nodded.

“….” Hana was at a loss for words.

“I think we scared her,” Rap Monster scratched his head in slight embarrassment. “Yah, where are our manners?”

Hana couldn’t hold back anymore and finally gave in to her fangirl desires as she burst into tears.

“Oh. God.” Jungkook just stared in astonishment.

“We’re horrible, we already screwed up!” Jimin’s smile was gone and he awkwardly proceeded to pat Hana’s back in an attempt to soothe her.

“YAH! CUT!” Suga ordered the filming to stop, to which he was given a firm ‘no’ and a saying of ‘the show must go on.’

V also stared in silence and gave the camera an ‘oopsy’ face.

Rap Monster hung his head in defeat.

“NG! NG! NG!” J-Hope panicked and ran around the room making an ‘X’ with his arms.

“Hana, what’s wrong?” Jin calmly asked and gently patted her head.

“I’m sorry,” Hana finally spoke again and began to laugh. “But you guys are just way too funny!”

“Wah?” Jungkook’s expression failed to change from his previous one.

“Yah, we thought we scared you!” Rap Monster sighed and looked up. “Girls are difficult.”

“This is what happens on our first day of shooting?” V face palmed.

“Okay, okay,” the PD’s finally intervened. “We’ll take a break! CUT.”

 

~=~

 

“Really, are you okay?” Jin worriedly asked Hana as the cast and crew took a 15-minute break.

“I’m trying to calm down,” Hana gave a laugh and proceeded to gulp down another large sip of water. “This is just all so overwhelming to me. It doesn’t seem real. It was just a couple weeks ago that I was listening to your music while studying for finals and to fast-forward to meeting you all at the same time? Geez, I was not prepared for this. I’m not a celebrity, I’m just a normal girl with a normal life. Things like this aren’t supposed to happen to me.”

“I had a hard time when BTS debuted as well,” Jin nodded. “I know I’m a pretty face but BTS is a group with a lot of choreography and tough dance moves, and I could barely keep up. We were all once just normal boys with normal lives as well. It’s definitely not something you get used to. But we’re all here to help you.”

“I feel like my heart is going to explode at any moment. You know that it’s not everyday that a girl gets to interact with her favorite idol group on a personal level.”

“Speaking of ‘favorite’ idols,” J-Hope had interrupted the heart-felt conversation that Jin and Hana were having. “Our first mission today is to find out who your bias in BTS is.”

“Uhm,” Hana uncomfortably shifted in her seat.

“It’s okay, you can tell me. You don’t have to be embarrassed that it’s me,” J-Hope bragged.

“Save it for the filming,” Suga remarked and gave a disgusted look.

“Okay is everyone ready to film again?” The producers spoke into the megaphone.

“Neh, coming!” Hana graciously accepted Jin’s hand in support to help her stand up.

“You got this,” he whispered in encouragement.

 

~=~

“We’re back after dealing with the aftermath of a mental breakdown on basically everyone’s end,” Rap Monster joked. “But in all seriousness, we’re sorry if you felt overwhelmed. This is new for you, and for us too. It’s going to take a bit for all of us to adjust.”

“WE’RE SORRY!” The BTS boys gave a bow to Hana in apology.

“Thank you,” Hana accepted their adorable puppy eyes and finally pulled herself together.

“Now that we’re back on track, it’s time to figure out who new wife, Hana’s bias is in BTS!”

Everyone clapped as a reaction.

“We’re going to be playing 7 questions! BTS members get to ask one question each to Hana and get clues as to whom her bias is. The catch is that these questions can only be ‘yes-no’ questions or they must be able to be answered in one word only. No in-depth questions are allowed!” The producers went over the rules.

“Can we ask her if we’re her bias?” Jimin raised his hand and asked. “It’s a yes-no question!”

“….”

“PDs didn't think about that!” V pointed at the producers and laughed.

“Okay, I think we got it,” Jin nodded. “Who asks first?”

“We can do eldest to youngest, youngest to eldest, leader first,” Jungkook offered.

“Ugh,” Suga shook his head in disagreement. “I’m going first,” he declared. “Hana, is your bias among anyone in the ‘tall’ line?”

“No,” Hana answered.

“Damn. Well there goes Rap Monster and Jin!” J-Hope laughed and pushed Jin over.

“YAH! I’m your hyung!” Jin collected himself and retaliated back.

“Is your bias younger than you?” Jungkook innocently asked.

“If she says ‘yes’ it’s over,” V intensely stared at Jungkook. “There’s no beating the ‘golden maknae.’”

“No,” Hana gave an ‘I’m sorry’ look to the younger boy.

“Wae!” Jungkook fake-cried.

“Is your bias part of the ‘rapper’ group?” Rap Monster carefully chose his words.

“Nope!” Hana shook her head.

“NO!” J-Hope faked a death.

“Meh…” Suga shrugged it off.

“Is your bias good at aygeo?” V held his chin.

“Sometimes?” Hana squinted to remember.

“Is your bias a dancer?” J-Hope sulked.

“Yes.”

“Is your bias, Jimin?” Jin finished.

“Yes,” Hana blushed and put her hands to her face.

“WAAAAH!” Jimin celebrated and danced around. “I didn’t even have to ask any questions!”

“Congratulations, BTS has found out Hana’s bias. As a prize, Hana and Jimin will get some alone time.”

“YAH! How come Jimin babo gets time with wife?!?!!” V complained. “We all just met her!”

“Shut up! Don’t call me that!” Jimin head-butted the other 95ver.

“Jimin babo! Jimin babo!” V taunted back.

“CUT!”

“Jimin babo! Jimin babo!”

“SHUT UP KIM TAEHYUNG OR I WILL PERSONALLY KICK YOUR !” Jimin went for a flying kick.

“Kids, the tapes have stopped rolling,” Rap Monster tried to calm the two down.

“WAAAAH SO SCARY!” V ran away and hid behind Jin. “Jin mommy!”

‘What did I get myself into?’ Hana face-palmed.