Prologue

We (All) Got Married

 

“OMG, KYAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!” Shin Hana couldn’t handle the hotness that her favorite group BTS was bringing in their comeback ‘Fire.’

“OMO! OMO! OMO!” She fanned herself vigorously. “Jin…Who said you could steal my heart and change your hair to blonde? Suga, it’s illegal to set someone on fire, but I’ll forgive you. Rap Monster, that pale blue hair suits you and your perfect face. J-Hope, your rap is on point like always. Jimin, you really stepped it up for this comeback and look so manly! V, your trucker voice gets me everytime. Jungkookie, stop trying to steal noona’s heart!”

“YAH! SHIN HANA!” Hana felt a hard slap at the back of her head.

“Awe, wae?” Hana whined and rubbed the sore spot as she turned around to see her best friend Park Minah glaring back at her, holding two coffees.

“I leave to buy you coffee so we can study for finals and this is what you do when you’re alone?!?!?!”

“Mianhae,” Hana pleaded and put her hands together and gave a small bow in apology.

Minah sighed and set the coffees down on the table before sliding into the seat across from Hana.

“I’ll forgive you….again, for like, the 100th time. You’re totally obsessed with BTS, you know that right?”

“But I can’t help it,” Hana gave a foolish grin, “they’re all so handsome and talented!”

“Not that I keep up with them or anything,” Minah took a sip of her coffee. “But they’re casting for that show ‘We Got Married’ since it’s been released that BTS is going to be on it.”

“I wonder who they’re going to choose as the ‘wife’,” Hana began to daydream. “I wonder how they’re even going to choose just one of those boys to be the ‘husband.’ They all have such wonderful qualities.”

Minah shrugged and did a keyword search on her computer.

“It says here that the directors of ‘We Got Married’ are thinking of taking a different approach and casting a non-celebrity as the ‘wife.’”

“WHAT?!?!?!?!” Hana’s eyes bulged out. “Whoever gets chosen is going to be the luckiest girl alive. I mean a FAN as the ‘wife?’ That’s unheard of!”

“Why don’t you apply? They’re still taking applicants,” Minah flipped her computer screen around to show Hana the ‘apply here’ button.

“I…I don’t know,” Hana stuttered. “I’m pretty sure there are way too many applicants to count by now. I don’t think I’d have a shot. Besides, I have too much going on. Graduate school is no joke and what about the kids at the hospital? I can’t just leave them.”

“School will be out for the summer in a week,” Minah reminded her by tapping the books and notes in front of the girls. “As for the children at the hospital, I’m sure you’d still be able to volunteer a couple shifts a week. The ‘We Got Married’ shooting isn’t going to be 24/7.”

“I suppose,” Hana longingly looked at the application that Minah had opened in a new tab. “No…I shouldn’t. I need to focus on finals now. I’ll be a supporter and watch the show when it airs though!”

And with that Hana closed her BTS tabs on her computer and began to pull up all her schoolwork.

“Let’s get to studying,” she nodded to Minah.

“Okay,” Minah nodded back before turning her computer screen back towards her.

‘Even if you don’t think you have a shot, it’s better to have applied than to not and have a 0% chance!’ She smiled to herself and began filling out Hana's information onto the application.