Chapter 9 (J-Hope's Segment)

We (All) Got Married

“I can’t believe you got him to dance!” Jimin doubled over in laughter as the group watched Hana and Rap Monster’s practice video from the previous day.

“You did great, Princess,” Jin kindly complimented.

“Leader still looks too awkward though,” V critically eyed Rap Monster’s moves. “What was that move supposed to be?”

“Shut up!” Rap Monster held his face in his hands in embarrassment. “This is exactly why we should have done something different, Hannie.”

“Sorry?” Hana offered an apology.

“No need to apologize,” Suga kept his cool but Hana could see the corners of his mouth turn upward.

“Rap Monster-Hyung still has a long way to go,” Jungkook took the opportunity to tease his elder.

“Aish…” Rap Monster gave up and eventually stood to grab a glass of water.

“This is unfair,” J-Hope finally interjected. “I’m the lead dancer of BTS! I was supposed to teach wifey how to dance on our date!”

“Oops,” Hana grimaced as she remembered. “Sorry, I guess I spoiled our date.”

“It’s okay,” J-Hope gave a smile in reassurance. “But as an apology, I get to decide what we do.”

“Sounds good to me,” Hana smiled back.

 

~=~

 

“Are you going to tell me where we’re going?” Hana prodded for the nth time. The two had left the dorm a few hours ago and were still traveling to J-Hope’s chosen destination via bullet train.

“Nope!” J-Hope gave a wide smile. “You’ll see when we get there!”

“It’s been 3 hours already!” Hana complained and looked out the train window. “For all I know, you’re taking me far away for the kill.”

“Oh, how did you know?” J-Hope teased and laughed at Hana’s imagination.

“Don’t say that!” Hana threw a light punch on J-Hope’s arm but also smiled.

“I promise, we’re almost there,” J-Hope finally gave in to Hana’s question.

“If you say so,” Hana rolled her eyes and turned back to her iphone, with earbuds plugged in, to listen to music.

“What are you going to listen to?” J-Hope snuck a glance at Hana’s screen.

“Uhm,” Hana shifted uncomfortably due to slight embarrassment of her choice in music and to the closeness that her and J-Hope shared in the moment.

“You’re listening to BTS?” J-Hope laughed and stuck out his tongue playfully.

“Hey, I’m just being a faithful fan!” Hana held up her hands in defense.

“I know, I’m flattered,” J-Hope nodded before plucking an earbud out and using it himself. “This is my favorite part!”

Hana raised an eyebrow in amusement as J-Hope lip-synched his rap part of “Dope.”

“Hey, look over there,” J-Hope finally calmed down after his part passed and pointed out the window.

“Woah,” Hana took in a breath as she witnessed the form of the ocean come into sight. “We’re going to the beach?”

“Yup, you finally figured it out!” J-Hope, pleased with himself, sat back in his seat.

“Only after you pointed out the ocean,” Hana grumbled to herself.

 

~=~

 

“UWAAAAAAAAAAAH! IT’S THE OCEANNNNNNNNNN!” J-Hope ran towards the large body of water with his arms outstretched, head thrown back.

“You’re such a kid,” Hana laughed, but followed the boy.

“Hey now,” J-Hope puffed his cheeks in slight annoyance. “I may be childish, but I’m still a man too. I’ll show you!”

“What the-!!!!” Hana exclaimed before letting out a squeal as J-Hope scooped her up and carried her like a sack-of-potatoes.

“Into the water we go!” He exclaimed.

“Oh, my, god. NO! NO! NO!” Hana screamed as the boy lumbered his way closer to the waves.

“Be a good wife and stop struggling!” J-Hope tightened his grip on her.

Hana almost immediately stopped thrashing about as J-Hope’s arms held her tighter.

“Thank you,” J-Hope replied to the cease in movement on Hana’s part, oblivious to the fact that he was displaying an obscene amount of skinship on air.

The two remained silent as J-Hope continued to enter the water until he was thigh deep into it.

“Now,” he finally spoke. “Is the part where I let you go!!!!”

“EEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!” Hana let out a scream as the arm around her loosened immediately and she fell into the salty water.

“I warned you,” J-Hope let out an evil laugh as he began running for shore, leaving Hana sopping wet in the ocean.

“Is this my real punishment?” Hana flailed about as she tried to regain her balance.

“You got that right, sweetheart,” J-Hope gave a slight smirk at the sight of Hana all disheveled as she awkwardly made her way back to land.

“Okay, I get it,” Hana pouted and pushed her wet hair out of her face. “I’m sorry.”

“I forgive you now,” J-Hope returned to being his happy self and offered Hana a towel to dry off. “I also had PDs pack some extra clothes for you.”

“You were in on it?” Hana gave a startled look to the cameras.

“We’re sorry,” the PDs sincerely apologized but were also laughing at the hidden camera that they and J-Hope had planned.

“I don’t believe it!” Hana wailed but took the dry clothes offered to her before heading towards the restroom to change.

 

~=~

 

“Which flavor do you want?” J-Hope asked Hana as the two scanned the display of ice cream flavors.

After changing, it took awhile for Hana to completely forgive J-Hope and his antics of teasing and throwing her into the cold ocean but after a few minutes of aegyo on his part and the offer to buy her ice cream, she decided to give into the dork.

“I can’t decide,” Hana replied back honestly. “I usually love rich flavors like chocolate but since it’s summer and it’s hot outside I’m drawn to the sorbets.”

“Okay, well how about you get chocolate and I’ll get raspberry sorbet and we can share?” J-Hope suggested.

“That’s a good idea!”

“Ajusshi, one chocolate and one raspberry sorbet, please.”

 

~=~

 

“This is delicious!” Hana happily took a third bite out of her chocolate ice cream as she and J-Hope strolled along the beach.

“Can I taste?” J-Hope asked.

“Sure,” Hana offered her cup to J-Hope.

“Ani,” J-Hope shook his head. “Feed me!”

“Tsk, such a child,” Hana complained but proceeded to scoop some of her ice cream onto her spoon before feeding it to J-Hope’s open mouth.

“That is good,” J-Hope remarked as he took in the flavor. “Your turn, say ‘ah!’”

Hana cautiously took the spoonful of raspberry sorbet J-Hope held out to her.

“Ooh that’s good too!”

The two casually continued their walk and ate their frozen treats stopping every once and awhile to feed each other and cracking jokes together.

“The day’s almost over,” J-Hope looked at the sunset. “We should head back soon.”

“It was a lot of fun though,” Hana smiled. “Thank you.”

“Let’s take a selfie before we leave!” J-Hope took out his phone and put an arm around Hana. “Say ‘J-Hobi is a horse!’”

“Wha-?” Hana was cut off as the shutter sound went off. “YAH! I bet I looked horrible!”

“You look fine to me,” J-Hope inspected the picture.

“Are you kidding me?” Hana looked in horror as she saw herself in the photo with the most disgusted face plastered all over it.

“The guys will love it,” J-Hope cackled at the thought.