Chapter 6 (Jin's Segment)

We (All) Got Married

“We have something to announce,” PDs addressed the family of 8 in their living room. ‘We Got Married’ had just started filming for the day and PDs usually gave Hana and the BTS boys their mission, or missions, for the day right as the cameras started rolling.

“Okay?” Hana sensed an odd tone from the lead PD.

“For the next seven episodes, we’re going to be making one-on-one segments. It’s important that each BTS member and wife Hana get to know each other on an individual level too. Though you all get along as a group, the fans are already asking for more one-on-one interaction.”

“Works for me,” Suga gave his infamous shrug and smirk.

“Unfair though,” J-Hope brought up. “Jimin already got alone time with wifey in episode 1 because he’s her bias.”

“What can I say? Nana loves me,” Jimin brushed the imaginary dirt off his shoulder in cockiness.

“You’re weird Jimin-Hyung,” Jungkook made a face.

“Do we get to decide who goes first or do PD-nims have the order already?” Rap Monster asked.

“We were going to have you decide, but since we all know it’s going to take you too long to decide, we’ve made the order. We’ll be filming in age order, eldest to youngest.”

“That means Jin-Hyung gets to go on a date today!” V teased the elder.

“O-o-okay,” Jin stuttered a bit.

“Husband Jin and wife Hana can decide between the two of them what they’d like to do for their date,” PDs explained.

“Well off you go you two!” Rap Monster stood up and shooed his hyung and Hana out the door of the BTS dorm. “Enjoy your date.”

“I’LL MISS YOU WIFEY!” Hana heard J-Hope yell as the door closed.

“So…” Jin awkwardly scratched the back of his neck.

“Coffee first?” Hana offered.

“Let’s go.”

 

~=~

 

Hana observed the eldest member of BTS as he carefully sipped his drink. The two had walked in silence to the coffee shop and even filming had to stop because PDs couldn’t bear to film an air a dead part. They had picked up filming after the two ordered their drinks and food.

“You’re a bit different alone then you are with BTS aren’t you?” Hana finally spoke up.

“You noticed, huh?” Jin gave a small smile.

“A lot quieter and less bold.”

“Yeah,” Jin sheepishly laughed. “It might sound stupid but I act that way around BTS because even though Rap Monster is the leader, I’m the eldest of the group, and I feel like I need to be more of an alpha.”

“It’s not stupid,” Hana assured. “It’s just interesting to see the contrast of your personality with and without BTS.”

“I hope you didn’t think it was weird when I nicknamed you ‘princess.’ I couldn’t come up with anything better. All the fans say I’m the ‘prince’ of the group so I figured I’d just use ‘princess.’”

“You’re adorable,” Hana laughed at the 24-year-old trying to explain himself.

“Oh my god, I’m rambling. I’m an idiot,” Jin turned a bright red and hid behind his cup. “BTS is going to give me so much crap when this airs.”

“I’m sure they know your true self too. You’ve been with these boys since your trainee days.”

“You have no idea though. Those boys are brutal,” Jin complained.

“They know you’re nothing but a big softie though so that’s why they tease you,” Hana laughed again.

“So much for trying to be an alpha,” Jin muttered.

“Even though they know you’re sensitive, they do look up to you. You don’t really need to act in front of them or the cameras.”

“They do? I never figured those guys would see me as a hyung if I was my mushy self in front of them or the cameras. I didn’t want the fans thinking I was too girly or weak.”

“You take care of everyone in the group, Jin. You’re the ‘mom’ of the group. You worry about them, you cook for them, and you do show affection towards them. You just don’t know it.”

“It’s nice to hear that.”

“And I’m pretty sure ARMY does not think you’re too girly or weak. Girls literally swoon over romantic and gentle guys just as much as they like manly, bad guys.”

“I can be a bad guy too!” Jin opposed and made a tough face. “This is the face I use for music videos and performances.”

“What I’m saying is, you’re fine the way you are,” Hana tried to remain serious but ended up laughing at Jin’s face.

“Well as much as I enjoy the talk, maybe we should do something?” Jin finally was brought back to reality.

“I actually wanted to ask if you’d like to do a cooking class with me?” Hana asked. “I’d love to try and cook with you.”

“Definitely,” Jin nodded. “Let’s do that.”

 

~=~

 

“Chef Jin is in the house!” Jin cheerfully shouted at the camera.

“Stop it,” Hana rolled her eyes.

“Okay sorry,” Jin apologized with puppy eyes and then turned toward the plethora of ingredients in front of the pair. “Today I’m going to be teaching you how to make something simple.”

“Are you underestimating my skills?” Hana playfully shot at him.

“Not in the slightest,” Jin teased back. “I’m seeing how well you do the basics. Lets make fried rice.””

“Wow, you’re definitely looking down upon my skills. My mother taught me well I’d have you know!”

“As did mine,” Jin laughed. “Okay, first let’s make the rice. I trust you know how to do that.”

“You prick,” Hana glared but did what she was told.

“Now that the rice is cooking, let’s start cutting the vegetables.”

Hana followed Jin’s lead and picked up a carrot and began to slice.

“You’re cutting them unevenly,” Jin remarked.

“I’m helping you, okay?” Hana huffed.

“Here, like this,” Jin stood behind Hana and put his hand on top of hers. “You want to cut evenly and steadily. Don’t be too rough with it or the pieces will come out large which take longer to cook.”

Hana, unable to speak, let Jin guide her hand and eventually snapped back into reality.

“I think I’ve got it,” she quietly said after a few more moments.

“Okay well I’m going to let go now, let’s see if you can do it,” Jin stepped back to observe. “Good. I’ve taught you well.”

‘He didn’t notice that he just made my heart almost leap out of my chest?’ Hana thought to herself. ‘Maybe that’s a good thing though.’

“Hey are you okay?” Jin interrupted her thoughts.

“Yes?” Hana answered.

“You’re all red. Are you hot? We haven’t even the burner yet.”

‘This boy,’ Hana looked at the floor. ‘He may be sensitive and romantic, but he’s also as dense as a brick.’

“Hey, you’re actually kind of worrying me,” Jin came closer and put a hand to Hana’s forehead. “Are you getting a fever?”

“No I’m okay,” Hana jolted a bit from the touch and went back to cutting the vegetables.

“Okay, well let me know if you don’t feel well.”

“Shut up, let’s just finish cooking.”

 

~=~

 

After another 40 minutes of cooking and playful banter between Jin and Hana, the couple had finally finished their fried rice.

“I just want to remind the audience,” Jin said to the camera. “That fried rice does not take an hour to make. It really should only take you 15 minutes if you’ve got leftover rice.”

“You’re such a mom,” Hana kept herself from face palming.

“I’m just saying,” Jin held his hands up. “Okay, time to taste!”

Jin took a spoon and scooped up some of the food before offering it to Hana who took a bite.

“Well? How is it?” He asked.

“It’s delicious,” Hana exclaimed.

“I want to taste too. Feed me?” Jin begged like a puppy.

“Okay, here,” Hana also offered a spoonful to Jin.

“Mmm. That is good. Okay, I guess I approve of your basic cooking skills.”

“YAH!” Hana slightly slapped the boy’s shoulder.

“I’m kidding. Sort of. Not really. But it does taste good,” Jin smiled and took another bite of the food.

“We kind of made a lot,” Hana observed at the large plate. “Should we take it back for the members?”

“Uh no,” Jin stopped Hana before she could pack the food up. “I’m eating all of it.”

“What the…” Hana couldn’t believe that ‘eat Jin’ was actually real.

“I eat more than this on my Mukbang show on V-app,” Jin looked at Hana.

“I mean, okay?” Hana sat back down and observed the boy devour the entire plate.

‘I’m not sure if that’s funny, cute, or gross.’

 

~=~

 

“Ahh I’m all full!” Jin patted his stomach in satisfaction.

“I can’t believe you actually ate everything,” Hana looked at the boy in disbelief.

“Hey, if I ate the whole thing, it means it was yummy.”

“I’m glad you enjoyed it then.”

The two walked in silence back to the dorm.

“Wait,” Jin interrupted Hana before she could knock on the door.

“Yes?”

Hana jumped a bit again as she felt Jin’s hand on her forehead again.

“Good, you aren’t ill,” the boy sighed in relief. “I was secretly worried when I saw you all red earlier that you were sick. I know you said you were okay, but it didn’t go away for a bit so I thought you might have been lying about it.”

“I’m sorry if I worried you,” Hana smiled apologetically. “But I’m fine.”

‘He’s sweet, but he still doesn’t get it.’

“Thank you for today. I’m glad we had the chance to talk, and I had a lot of fun.”

“I did too.”

“Are you ready to join the group again, Princess?” Jin gave a grin as he used the pet name.

‘These boys are going to be the death of me.'