18..

Of Truth and Love

"Oh... So they're cousins eh," said Millic spinning on the chair he was on.
"We still haven't met her though," said Jusen.
"You'll see her on our stage this Friday. Don't worry," smiled Dean.
"She seems to be amazing if Zico protects her like that," said Colde leaning his chin on his hand.
"Yeah. It makes me wonder why," said Dean.
"What would you expect from Zico though?" said Punchnello. "Aren't you supposed to be in the studio practicing with them?" he asked Dean.
"Yeah... But I passed. I just finished 2 beats today and I feel exhausted," he answered as he leaned on the computer desk.
"Don't you want to see your pretty dancer?" teased Millic.
Dean laughed and shook his head. "I miss her everyday," he said walking over Millic and mockingly hitting his arm. "Come on, guys. Enough about me. I want to eat," he pouted.
"Always thinking of food," said Camper, not losing his gaze from hs computer.
"What are you doing, by the way?" Millic asked.
"Artwork for the show you guys were thinking of... I had an idea," answered Camper.
"Guys, guys," said Dean getting their attention. "Can we stop working for a while and go eat something? It's already 9pm."

Crush leaned on his car's hood as he waited for Chahye, a cigarette on one hand. It was late in the evening but she called him and asked if he could go have dinner with her. He couldn't say no. He never said no whenever it was her asking. And he certainly couldn't say no to dinner because even he was hungry. He waited at the same spot they met last Sunday.

And there she was walking towards him with an exhausted smile on her face. He breathed through his cigarette one last time before dropping it to the gutter, stepping on it afterwards. Crush put his widest smile on and opened his arms to welcome her. She smiled back and hugged him. "Seobbie oppa," he heard her say.
"Chahye. It's nice to see you again," he said in their embrace.
"Your jacket already smells like smoke. Where have you been?" she asked.
"I came from Amoeba," he answered.
"Are you sure it's fine for you to go out at this time?" asked Chahye looking up at him, still wrapping her arms around him.
"Yes, it's good. Gaeko hyung didn't mind," he answered looking back at her.
"You said so. Let's go?" she invited as she let him go.

Crush walked her to the passenger seat and opened the door for her to get in. He walked back to the driver's seat and got in. They both put their seatbelts on and Crush started the engine. "So, where do you want to eat?" he asked.
"Anywhere," she said.
"Okay. I was actually wondering if you wanted to come with me. Dean invited us to dinner," said Crush.
"Dean?" said Chahye looking over at her bestfriend.
"Yeah. Jiho's gonna be there, Club Eskimo. I told him I'm taking you out and he said I could bring you along. Do you want to?" he asked.
Chahye thought about it quick. "I... I think I'm fine with it," she said.
"Great. Let's go..." Crush excitingly said as he put his hand on the gear. But Chahye held onto his hand and stopped him.
"I... I have to tell you something, Seobbie," she said. He only looked at her and waited for her to go on. "I... I'm sorry. I didn't tell you."
"Not tell me what?"
"You already know that I have another part-time job. But I haven't told you what it is."
"Oh. That. Yeah. You never told me."
"I'm working as a dancer, Hyoseob."
"Dancer?! For what?!"
"I got into the dance team for Dean."
"Dean? You're talking about the Dean I know?"
"Yes."
"What?! So... You already know him?"
"Yes."
"Then... Why did you two talk like that last Sunday? Like you two didn't know each other?"
"I don't know. He started with that act. I didn't even talk, remember?"
"Could you tell me something, Chahye?"
"Yes?"
"Is he flirting with you?"

Chahye had to back up when he asked that. Crush was serious and he stared at her waiting for an answer. She didn't know how to react, what to say and she searched the car everywhere for answer. She didn't know. Crush sighed then had to sit back in his seat.

"Did that question bother you?" asked Crush. She didn't answer. "I'm sorry. I just... I'm worried you feel awkward around him. He can give off that feel, you know," he said.
"Hyoseob... No. I just..." Chahye called.
"Is he nice to you?" he looked back at her with a smile.
"Well, mostly, yes."
"That's good then. Does Jiho know?"
"Yes. I just told him earlier today, too. He didn't like it that I kept it from him, too."
"Anyone would."
"I'm sorry."
"That's fine."
"No. I'm sorry. I should have told you."
Crush looked at her and smiled. He reached his right hand out and held her neck, pushing her near him. He kissed her forehead saying, "It's all right, Chahye. It's all right." He sat back behind the wheel and held on it woth both hands. "Is it really fine with you if we have dinner with them?"
"Yeah. As long as you and Jiho are there, I'm good," smiled Chahye.

The two arrived at this American restaurant in Mapo-gu. Dean and the other members of Club Eskimo welcomed them and made them sit with them. Some members of the crew reached their hand out to shake Chahye's but she just looked at them and didn't mind. It was a good thing Zico was there, pulling her away from them when he sensed his cousin going stiff. Dean noticed how she went tense when Punchnello approached her. She had to stick to Crush.

Chahye sat in between Zico and Crush, just right across 0channel, Dean and Punchnello. It was awkward for Chahye to sit right across Dean who enjoyed looking at her, flashing his smile. Zico formally introduced Chahye to the crew, saying she was his cousin and that Crush is her bestfriend for 6 years. Dean took that information to mind. He already knows who he's against with and he doesn't think he'll be nice. As it was normal for Chahye and Crush to hold hands, arms, hug, or lean each other's heads on the other's shoulder, Dean still shrugged when he saw Chahye smile as Crush whispered her something. And he made sure Chahye caught him raising his eyebrow at her.

Dean had ordered pizza, burgers, chicken and pasta, enough to give each man a double serving of each. "Wanna order some beer? Which kind do you like, Chahye?" asked Dean.
"Anything," answered Chahye, shy that the other guys would know she drinks.
"How did you know she drinks?" asked Crush surprised that Dean knew.
"We ate together once. I was with her that night I was late for our recording," answered Dean purposely making Crush jealous. However, he only nodded. Chahye had to imagine slapping Dean across his face for saying that.
"Oh. I see," said Crush taking a look back at Zico who did the same.
"Well, she doesn't usually drink with other people. But I guess it's fine tonight," said Zico.
"That's fine. You're here," Punchnello told him.
"So while we wait, why not tell us something about yourself, Chahye-ssi?" asked Millic.
"Me? What about me?" she asked.
"Hmm... Studying?" asked Jusen.
"Yes," she answered.
"We both go to Seoul University. She takes English Education," said Zico.
"Is it true that you're one of Dean's dancers?" asked Millic.
"Yes. Just...recently," she answered.
"How is it working with him?" asked Jusen.
"Uhm... Fine, I guess," she hesitated to say.
"Come on. Of course, it's amazing working with me," said Dean proudly. No one answered and just shook their heads in amusement.
"Do you like any of his songs?" asked 0channel.
"Uhm... I don't know. 'Pour Up' is cool though," she said smiling at him.
"Of course, Zico is in that song," said Camper.
"That was the only reason she listened to it actually," smiled Crush.
"Are you two dating?" Checkparren asked Crush.
"Eh?!" both Crush and Chahye reacted.
"Yeah. Crush seems to know a lot about you," said Millic.
Crush just smiled. "How I wish I was really dating her," he said.
"I wished they were together once, too. Crush knows where she's at more than I do," said Zico smiling.
"That's because I really don't tell you," said Chahye mockingly hitting his arm.
"Chahye is a very nice woman. If I could be her boyfriend, it would be an honor," said Crush with a smile putting a hand over his chest.

Chahye was looking at Crush as he spoke and her heart felt like it twitched. Despite initially being aloof to the people around her, she felt at ease knowing he was beside her, him and Zico. She smiled and reached for his hand under the table, holding tightly onto it. Crush felt her touch and only looked down to see their hands together. He looked straight at her and smiled, actually blushing inside.

And Dean saw it.

The way she smiled, the way she looked at Crush, the way her eyes looked peaceful, the way she was herself, the way she doesn't hesitate to talk when it was Crush speaking to her, the way she reacted to his compliments of her. He hated it. He hated not seeing the same things when it was just him and her. All the time they ate and talked, Chahye began being more comfortable with the members of Club Eskimo. But she didn't even look at him. She would answer his questions but would answer them looking down her plate or at someone else.

"I'm surprised you know how to drink," said Jusen. "You don't look like a drinker."
"I don't really drink to get drunk. I just enjoy it with friends," smiled Chahye.
"Ever drink the strong ones? Like Bacardi? Johnny Walker?" asked Colde.
"Whenever it's available," answered Chahye nodding.
"She can drink anything," said Zico proudly.
"Oh yeah. We got a new girl friend here," said Punchnello standing up. "The next time we go out and drink, you're invited," he smiled pointing at her.
"Sure. Just tell me," said Chahye raising her beer glass and did cheers with everyone.
"You better be ready. Chahye has a strong resistance to alcohol," said Zico.
"Nah. We can handle that," said Camper.
"Do you have a sister, Chahye? Maybe someone older?" asked 2xxx.
"Uhm.. No," she answered. "I have a younger brother though."
"Aaw. I was hoping you could hook us up with some cool girls," said Millic excitingly.
Chahye smiled at them and said, "That would be fine but I don't really have that much girl friends either. I'm sorry."
"Most of her friends are mostly guys so yeah," said Zico taking the crust off the pizza he was eating with his fingers.
"Like Buckwilds?" said Dean as he played with the fork in his pasta.
"Yeah. That's why she was sitting with us at Mad Clown hyung's party," said Zico.
"You said you had a brother. Where is he?" asked Dean as he raised his beer glass.
"Uhm... He's... He's home," said Chahye looking back down at her plate.
Crush looked at her and held her hand. "Did you know that Chahye works at a cafe near here?" he said trying to change the conversation.
"Oh. So you have two jobs? Cool," said 2xxx.
"Can we go there some time and ask for a discount?" laughed Millic.
"No. Don't. I still want my job there, you know," laughed Chahye.
"Just kidding," said Millic.
"Will you be at Dean's show this Friday?" asked Checkparren.
"Of course, she will. She's my dancer," said Dean about to hit him, mockingly.
"I was just thinking. Maybe we could party after that and invite her," said Checkparren.
"The dancers are actually planning a celebration after the performance. You guys should be there," Dean told Zico and Crush.
"Sure. Just tell us when and where," agreed Zico.
"Great. I'll tell them," smiled Dean.