17..

Of Truth and Love

Dean woke up early today, not usual for someone like him with a crazy night schedule. He hurriedly took the phone from his bedside drawer, looking if there were any messages or missed calls while he was asleep.

Nothing.

Chahye left her phone last night at the studio. She probably forgot that she connects her phone to the player in the studio whenever she had late night practices. Well, he couldn't really blame her for leaving it behind. She became too awkward after their kiss.

Their kiss.

He lied back down on the bed and stared at the ceiling with a smile, Chahye's phone in his hand. He closed his eyes and smiled some more. She was right there, smiling, arms around him. The scenes from last night made him happy. He has always had a crush on Chahye. She could become a pain in the sometimes but she certainly had a pure heart and always came back at him with a smile and kind comment. But as competitive as he could be, in Chahye's words, an , he only wanted her to himself. He needs her. He needed to feel her more. Dancing with her isn't enough. The kiss last night only fueled more of his want. But how? He knew that her reaction towards him last night was just a result of having too much moments with him alone, especially when they dance. He couldn't deny that his song played a major role in her finally giving in. If you don't get by his music, you better think again.

But then there's Crush.

His eyes opened but did not focus on anything. What if they really have something going on between them? What if they were more than just best friends? Do best friends go out for dinner without feeling more for each other? The way Crush smiled while he was with Chahye that day was bright, a different smile Dean hasn't seen from him ever since they met. He lifted Chahye's phone and contemplated to look at her messages. He was an but he certainly knew not to meddle with other people's phones. "What if Crush calls though?" he thought.

And suddenly, Chahye's phone vibrated. Someone was calling. Dean quickly sat on his bed, unsure of what to do. It was a registered number calling. "Woo Jiho" it read on the screen. It kept ringing for a good five minutes and he only stared at it on the sheets. When the ringing stopped, Dean got up and pulled his own phone out of his drawer beside the bed. He opened his contacts list and went back to the bed. Luckily, the person didn't call again. He looked at the person's phone number from Chahye's list and compared it to the one on his own.

"Why have Zico's phone number and make him call her this early?" he asked himself as he saw the same number registered in his list. Then he saw it, Chahye's phone wallpaper. "Zico. Taewoon. Family." He saw this before but thought that it was just a fangirl moment. But then he remembered seeing Chahye with Zico at the party last Friday.

Her phone vibrated again. But this time, only a message came in.

"Were you in the shower? Why didn't you answer your phone? I was going to ask if you're going to the university to get your grades. I wanted to. I'll pick you up. Give me 30 minutes."

Dean had to stop and think.

Chahye knows Zico. Does this mean she's dating Zico and not Crush? He found it weird that Zico would know that she's in the shower.

"He's going to pick her up..." he told himself.

Dean hurriedly got up and pulled a shirt and a pair of jeans from his closet. He has to give the phone back. He has to know the truth.

Chahye was now sitting on the floor in the living area. She's spent 2 hours already cleaning her whole house, tossing every piece of furniture over, trying to find her phone. All she happened to see was the letter sent from her university the other day. She didn't bother opening it yet and just put it on the table to read later. "I give up," she said. She thought she dropped it while on the way back from the studio. She feared of leaving it in the studio because Dean would see it. But everything else was pointing at that possibility. "I hate you," she grumbled under her breath, wanting to somehow make Dean hear it.

She still couldn't get over the fact that she let Dean kiss her last night. It was a different her in his arms. She must admit. Dean is one of the most handsome men he has ever seen, just right after Siyoung though. But Dean was an angel. She hugged her knees and stared at nothing, his smile flashing in her head. He had a very sweet and honest smile and she doesn't want to admit that she likes staring at him whenever he does so. After weeks of dancing with him, he knew Dean was also a gentleman, careful not to touch her in an alarming way, despite their dance wanting to suggest it. And although she felt his attraction towards her, Dean was always so nice enough to ask her if she's had dinner yet, or if she was all right, or if she needed help in anything. Does this mean she likes him? Or is she feeling this because of the kiss?

But he was still an and she hated it. Last night...was like dancing naturally to his song. And he did it so easily. Chahye had to give in since he was the center of attraction in that performance. He made himself the boss. He owns his stage. He might probably have to own her in the end.

"What am I even thinking?" she thought standing up. She went to the door and tied the garbage bag she put out, dumping everything she needed to dispose. She carried it, walked outside the apartment and went down to where they take out the trash.

As she walked back from the dumpster, dusting her hands off, she saw a familiar car parked right in front of the building. The doors opened and a man got off, obviously annoyed.

"Jiho..."

He slammed the door shut and walked towards her. "I've been trying to call you numerous times. I've sent you tons of messages already. Why haven't you answered any of it, Jin Chahye?!" he said with obvious anger in his voice.
Chahye had to step back as he approached. "Jiho, I..." he tried to say.
"I was asking if you were going to the university. We are already late," he said again.
"Huh? Why are you going there?" asked Chahye.
"Today's the release of grades from the last semester and the opening of schedules for the next. . Haven't you even read the letter they sent?!" he shouted.
"I'm sorry. I haven't really gone into reading my mail yet," answered Chahye.
"Where is your phone?" he asked.
"Huh?!"
"I'm asking where your phone is. Why haven't you answered any of my calls?"
"I... I'm sorry. I lost my phone."
"What?!"
"I lost it. Or maybe left it at the studio last night. I don't know."
"Stu-studio?"
"Uhm... Yeah... I was..."

Dean was parked just right behind Zico's car. He saw everything. There weren't much cars in this apartment complex and he liked it. Not much drama. Not much people to see him, or Zico. He saw how the two talked. He couldn't believe they were a couple because they never even hugged or kissed when they met. But he thought that Zico might be already too pissed off after Chahye not picking up her phone. And he knew why. He saw every text Zico sent. However, no matter how annoyed Zico looked like, the two still looked as though he was happy to see her. He saw how bright Chahye's eyes were when she saw him get off the car.

"How many guys should I beat to finally get you, Jin Chahye?" he asked, fingers drumming on the steering wheel.

He took Chahye's phone from his dashboard and opened the door to his car. They didn't see him as he closed the car door behind him. Good. "Jin Chahye!" he called out. This made both Zico and Chahye look at his direction. He waved a good morning to them as he walked towards their direction.

Zico looked back at his cousin and raised an eyebrow. Chahye just hiked her shoulders, trying not to blush when she saw Dean.

"Jiho," said Dean. "Why are you here?"
"I have to ask you the same question," he said.
"I'm just hear to give back Chahye's phone," Dean answered showing the phone in his hand, giving it to the rightful owner. "You left it at the studio last night."
"Oh. Tha-thank you," said Chahye taking it from him.
"You were at the studio last night? Together?" said Zico looking back at Chahye.
"Is there a problem with that?" said Dean.
"Shut up. I'm not talking to you," said Zico not looking at him.
"I'm sorry, Jiho. I..," Chahye wanted to say.
"Jiho-ssi. You haven't answered why you're here," said Dean.
Zico finally felt so pissed off at his friend. He turned around and looked at him. "I'm here because my cousin, Jin Chahye, hasn't answered my calls. And if you read my messages while you had her phone, you would know that we were supposed to go somewhere today. But thanks to you, we're already running late. Thank you very much," he said.
"Jiho..." said Chahye grabbing his arm to stop him and he did.
Dean looked stoned though. "C-cousin?" he stuttered as he looked at them standing together. "You two are cousins?" he said as he finally noticed the resemblance they had with their eyes and cheeks. They were the same features Taewoon had similar with them, too.
"Do we need to repeat that for you? Yes. We are cousins," said Zico crossing his arms.
"How... Why didn't you tell me?" Dean asked Chahye.
"It's something we don't want people talking about," said Zico stopping Chahye from answering the question. "Could you go up and get ready, Chahye? I'll follow you," he told his cousin.

Chahye looked up at him and sighed, saying yes to his instruction. She took one last look at Dean then turned around and went up to her apartment.

Zico watched as she disappeared from the ground floor and went up the stairs. He looked back at Dean and made a step closer, making him listen clearly as he talked.

"Listen. I know she's working for you as a dancer. If it was just me and Jisuk hyung, we wouldn't let her. You're my friend, Kwon Hyuk. But remember this. If you with my cousin once, I'm killing you. I'm gonna be digging your own grave. Got that?"

Dean has never heard that much warning from Zico's voice and he knew he was serious. He could only nod to his question. Zico gave him one last look before turning around to follow Chahye inside when Dean called for him, hesitant but sure.

"What if I fall in love with her?" he asked.
Zico looked back at him and rolled his eyes. "If you really fall in love her, you have to learn so much about her. She's not your ordinary girl, Dean. She's not someone you can win over with just a kiss. If you love her, make her love you back the same way. However, there is someone out there already loving her," said Zico.
"Is it Hyoseob hyung?" asked Dean.
Zico smiled then turned his back at him. "Later, Dean. I have a university to go to," he said entering the building.