Chapter Nine.

Need a Girlfriend? Call 1-800-KRY-STAL!

- k to the rescue! -

 
Within minutes, the whole area was flooded with screaming girls, making it impossible to leave. L sighed in irritation at the sudden mass of girls but showed no hint of emotion to his fans. He was wearing his "cold mask". (Krystal called it his face.) "May I walk through?" he asked this politely; it was worth a try. All he got were screams in return, which made him sigh once more. He was going to have a fan girl induced headache very, very soon.
 
From across the street, Krystal and Taemin looked out the window curiously.
 
"What's going on outside? Is there an idol here?" wondered Taemin, going towards the window to get a closer look.
 
Krystal looked outside the window with disinterest. "Not our problem~" she said this with a careless shrug. Taemin looked amused at her nonchalance but did not comment on it.
 
"I can hear them screaming. This person must be famous." mused Taemin.
 
"I can hear them too." muttered Krystal. "All that shrieking...I don't like it." She said this with a pout.
 
"And we have a wall separating us, so the sounds of screaming is muffled. It sounds creepy, like we’re in a horror movie." quipped Taemin cheerfully.
 
"Lets leave, then?" suggested Krystal, getting ready to evacuate the potentially dangerous area, milk tea in hand.
 
Taemin pouted slightly. He wanted to get to know his fake girlfriend better, but it didn't look like that would happen today. “Lets leave~” he complied with a smile. He paused awkwardly, staring at her hesitantly. He wanted to know when would be the next time they could meet, but he didn’t know how to say it. Damn my socially awkward tendencies! He continued to stare at her uncertainly while she stared back at him blankly.
 
“Yes?” she asked, raising an eyebrow.
 
“So…Krystal…” he started his sentence awkwardly. She continued to stare blankly at him, but it was obvious that she wanted to leave as quickly as possible. The screams from outside were only getting louder and more irritating by the second. “When…so…uhm…the next time…how about…erhm…” Taemin started stammering out words in his nervousness. This was the first time in his life, asking a girl out (kind of). The intensity of Krystal’s stare wasn’t helping him any.
 
“I’m your fake girlfriend, Taemin. Not a prosecutor or a police officer.” Krystal huffed slightly. “Just spit it out, I won’t hurt you.” Almost as an afterthought, she added right after, “Unless it’s something stupid.”
 
He smiled weakly at her and just barely managed to ask cheekily, “When’s the next time I’ll see my fake girlfriend again?” His tone was slightly joking but still rather shy and quiet. He could already feel his cheeks blushing in embarrassment. I should win the awkwardest person of the year award. Is awkwardest even a word? Probably not, but- Oh my god, I just created a stupid word. Does she fake date people that create stupid words? What if she-
 
Taemin’s thought process was cut off as Krystal quirked a smile. “Is that it?” He nodded dutifully at her. “How about next week? Same day, same time, same place?”
 
He nodded again at her, smiling happily. “That wasn’t so hard, now was it, boyfriend?” teased Krystal.
 
“Only because it was for you, girlfriend~” he joked back, still feeling slightly awkward. But he liked that she was a lot nicer than he was expecting. He liked that a lot. She smiled sweetly before heading towards the door. He rushed forward, opening the door for her. Gentleman Tae in action~ He absentmindedly noted that he really needed a thought filter.
 
Once he opened the door, all the muffled shrieks turned into clearly heard screams of “L! OH MY GOD, IT’S L!”
 
Krystal blinked in surprise, halfway out the door. And then she backtracked, stepped back safely into the establishment, and then slammed the aforementioned door. “Oh my god, it’s L.” she repeated, amused.
 
“Are you a fan of his?” Taemin looked at her curiously, staring at the mass of girls outside. He could barely make out a male figure in the center of the dysfunctional crowd. “Does he have any male fans?”
 
Krystal snorted (quite unladylike, mind you) and said, “Not even close. And I doubt it, by the looks of the crowd.” Krystal watched on, amused as girls started to slowly close in on L. “He’s another one of my fake boyfriends.”
 
“Super popular model L needs a fake girlfriend?” mused Taemin. He watched a girl grab at L’s shirt without batting an eyelash.
 
Krystal suddenly gaped and hit him on the shoulder. “You can’t tell anyone though!” Taemin pouted, holding his shoulder in mock pain.
 
“I won’t~” he whined. “But shouldn’t you help him if he’s one of your…boyfriends…?” Taemin realized how weird that statement sounded and suddenly felt awkward all over again.
 
"To help, or not to help?" mused Krystal, rubbing her chin, staring on. She saw a wild grab for L’s pants and Taemin looked at her pointedly, as if pushing her to help. “What do you care, anyway?” she muttered, not liking the look he was giving her.
 
“I hope that if I ever get into trouble, you’ll help me as my fake girlfriend and not watch from across the street, wondering if you should help or not.” He said this solemnly, even if he was joking. The dead giveaway was his dancing eyes and his almost smiling lips. She just rolled his eyes.
 
“Fine.” she muttered. “I’ll help that stupid alphabet letter.” Taemin stifled a smile and nodded.
 
“I’m helping a bro out~ I feel so proud~” said Taemin, voice blissful.
 
“If you want to “help a bro out” then why don’t you save him?” asked Krystal, pouting.
 
“They’d tear me apart~” chimed Taemin, voice innocent. “But I think you could take them~”
 
Krystal stared blankly at the compliment but sighed, getting sunglasses out from her bag. “Is that your disguise?” asked Taemin.
 
“It’s all I have~ I didn’t expect to go alphabet saving today~” she admitted, pouting. He nodded at her, and then proceeded to take off his hoodie, handing it to her shyly.
 
“If you have this, then it will make a better disguise, right?” he asked.
 
She blinked once, twice, and then smiled, taking the jacket and putting it on in quickly and easily. She pulled up the hood, making her seem like a very suspicious person. It was the perfect disguise! “I see we’re already on the jacket giving stage.” she teased. There was just something about teasing Taemin that Krystal liked a lot; she didn’t think she would ever get tired of it. She saw him tense awkwardly and blush slightly. She grinned at the sight, while he huffed in embarrassment at her.
 
“It’s to help with your disguise~” he mumbled.
 
“I rather like this jacket~ will you let me keep it~?” she teased again, looking at the jacket and how it looked on her.
 
“If you want to.” he mumbled again.
 
She laughed quietly and said, “Don’t worry, I’ll return it eventually.” She smiled again before waving and then leaving the café. Deafening screams greeted her and she sighed, preparing herself. “What I am about to do for you, Mr. Model…” she muttered. She readjusted the sunglasses on her face and zipped the hoodie up, ready to get into the mob of crazy female hormones.
 
She rolled her eyes and pushed and shoved and “ow, did you just bite me?”
 
“L IS MINE!” “BACK OFF, WE DON’T NEED MORE PEOPLE HERE!”
 
Krystal resisted the urge to roll her eyes and reply, “Actually, by contract, he’s technically mine.” She persisted on wordlessly, continuing to shove and push. At one point, she was on the ground, crawling on the floor to try and get to L.
 
Eventually, a haggard and unhappy Krystal reached her destination.
 
"Yah! Can you leave him alone?" Krystal emerged and was pushed into the center with her hands on her hips and lips set in a frown.
 
L felt vaguely amused as he saw his "girlfriend" push through the throng of fans just to say that. He saw that she was wearing a disguise of sorts and mentally applauded her; she wasn't as stupid as he normally said she was.
 
He also vaguely felt that his, and her, reputation was about to be ripped apart by the media. Right when he saw her, he realized that his status as a taken man would be established. It was time to reveal their (fake) relationship to the world.
 
He walked up to her and whispered as softly as he could, “What do you think you’re doing?”
 
“Saving your .” she retorted, replying just as softly.
 
L deadpanned and drawled out an exaggerated, “My hero.” Krystal just rolled her eyes.
 
"Who are you?" One girl, a particularly vicious looking one, snarled in Krystal's face. L could have sworn that she almost spit on Krystal's face. Not a second later, Krystal could be seen checking her own face to see if there was any misplaced saliva on there. L felt like rolling his eyes, but that would have ruined his own cold façade (or, as otherwise named by Krystal, his face).
 
After checking and realizing that there was no wayward spit on her face, Krystal coughed and cleared , making her voice a little deeper than it normally was. "I'm K."
 
There were hushed whispers and murmurs as Krystal made herself known to the crowd.
 
"What are you to him?" The same vicious looking girl snarled once more.
 
He felt troubled, knowing that this was going to happen right now, whether it was on time or not. They were going to come out as a "couple", and the company was probably going to give them both hell for revealing it on a random day. Krystal flashed him a comforting smile (a smile that he rarely saw since they fought so much) and slowly took his hand in hers, interlocking their fingers. To his dismay, he found himself flushing slightly at the foreign affection. Her tone went soft (although she was still forcing her voice to go a little deeper than usual- she considered it her man voice) and she looked at him with practiced adoration. "I'm his girlfriend." The crowd went silent as they took in the surreal information. All L could do was stare at Krystal stupidly.
 
They had rehearsed this a multitude of times and the company found that Krystal was a better actress than they could have hoped for, but still, actually hearing this from her was shocking to him. It sounded real, even to him, and that was troubling. That was a problem. For that single moment, after hearing Krystal utter those words softheartedly (and dear lord, that affectionate stare-), even he believed her. He forgot for just that instant that this was his call up (and very fake) girlfriend.
 
It might have been the way she was smiling at him, or the way she was holding his hand, or even the way she was talking tenderly about him, but something in Kim Myungsoo clicked right then. Something (Krystal) tapped on his heart and forced its (her) way in.
 
This was the start. He didn't know it yet, but this was the start of a whole mess of headaches and heartache for him, Krystal, and two other guys he hasn't even met yet. This was the moment where model L, Kim Myungsoo, fell for his fake girlfriend Krystal Jung.
 
--chapter end.
 

TA DAH, MYUNG HAS OFFICIALLY FALLEN :3 did the myungstal shippers like this chapter? hehe.

With this, we have official progression! ;D one of the male leads has finally fallen.....and it only took nine chapters! ...my progression is so slow -____-" haha.

I love the random thought process that is Taem’s mind :3 TaeStal is also progressing well~ OH, OH, WHO SAW THE TAESTAL AT SMTOWN? My ship is sailing smoothly~ ;D they are so damn cute with the whispering and the strange arm movement and the- everything. And in other news, Minho…still didn’t show up, but I swear on my shawol heart that he will have his time! (NEXT CHAPTER AND THE CHAPTER AFTER THAT, ACTUALLY.) xD

COMMENT REPLIES:

pandagirl84: thank you for commenting, sweetie <3 i would feel bad if i went on hiatus because of your comment, so i’m thinking of keeping this story active for a little while longer <3 i love your constant support of minstal, it just shows me how much of a fan you are ;D

colorsnharmony: onsica <3 krystal had the perfect way to save her boyfriend~ haha. and yes, krystal saves the day! kind of! she may have possibly made it worse though lol. thank you for wishing me luck on my exams <3 i hope i passed like a boss! LOL thank you for commenting bb~

key2myheartkat: here’s an update for you! i hope you liked this chapter too! ;D thank you for commenting!

susanisgorjess: were you happy this time around with the myungstal~? myung has finally fallen~ haha. thank you for commenting!

vickysmileey: it was krystal to the rescue this time around! xD thank you for commenting bb! and here’s myungstal for you, since myung has finally fallen for soojungie! haha

mysticalbeez: i don’t know who she’ll end up with, but i know L is the favorite as of right now xD and i understand why too~ haha thank you for commenting!

young_soojung: oh my gosh, taestal <3 did you see their moments at smtown la? ;D <3 they were so gosh darn cute! here’s an update for you! thank you for commenting, sweetie!

fanatix: i love protective jessica ;D and i would be aware of forks too, if i was him xD haha. here’s myungstal for you~ ;) thank you for commenting, bb! <3

xQueenHanniex: hi unnie. lol. the day you learn to be like jessi is the day your little sister should be very, very afraid xD and no, taemin doesn’t stand any chance at all. lol. but yay, onsica! ;D if bad things never happened to him, his life would be way too perfect. xP hey, look, foreshadowing! haha thanks for commenting, unnie!

KaiserKawaii: i loved that part too! <3 haha. thank you for commenting~ ;D

babyblackrose: onsica <3 and as for our cat-dog couple…haha, they’re just boss enough to scare the entire building~ ;D baby tae has been kidnapped :o i need to tell krystal~ she can save him too~ haha. thank you for commenting! ;D

THANKS TO EVERYONE THAT COMMENTS AND SUBSCRIBES AND READS ;D <3 

Oh, and by the way, I have in the works a new TaeStal story~ Jessica is in it too and I was wondering what her pairing should be. Since I already have a story for HaeSica (called Cupid Must Have Been High~ it has 2MINSTAL too ;D), I was wondering whether that story should have OnSica, JongSica, or JaeSica. Or if I should just have HaeSica. Please answer the poll below for me! <3