Chapter One.

Need a Girlfriend? Call 1-800-KRY-STAL!

Hey guys~ This is just a little prologue/intro to start things off :D 

 

- t h e  i n t r o d u c t i o n - 

 

Krystal Jung breathed in and out slowly, steeling herself for the task to come.

It was like going into a war.

A war she couldn’t afford to lose.

She put on her best face, and tried her hardest not to break her façade.

She needed to be strong! She needed to be confident!  She needed…

Money.

“Please, unnie? Just fifty dollars! There is a sale going on at the mall! I need those new shoes!” Her voice was filled with aegyo as she pouted at her older sister with an almost childish persistence.

Actually, strike that.

It was with a childish persistence.

Jessica Jung Sooyeon looked at her baby sister with slight disapproval and said, “That’s the third time you’ve asked for money this week, Soojung.”

The aforesaid baby sister smiled innocently and commented, “There is a sale at the shop you like too. I can buy you something if you would just give me the money since you have to go to work soon~” Yes, she was trying to cater to her sister’s own shopaholic needs.

And Jessica looked like she was thinking about it.

Really, she did.

“How about I go shopping on my own after work?” remarked Jessica, her tone thoughtful as she replied to Krystal.

And then she destroyed all of Krystal’s hopes and dreams just like that.

“Unnie! Those shoes!” she whined lightly.

“You spend too much hard earned money lightly, Soojung. You’ve bought four new pairs of shoes in the last two weeks because they were on sale.” Jessica tsk-ed lightly and wagged a finger.

Krystal gasped and let out an offended, “But they were on sale! What are you trying to say?”

Jessica looked at Krystal sympathetically for a moment and patted her head. “I’m saying get a job and stop spending my money.” The older Jung pinched Krystal’s cheek affectionately after stating her claim and said, “I’m going to work now~ be good~!” She left with a flourish.

Krystal was left to scream/whine in frustration as she fumbled for her phone and called a number she knew by heart. “She didn’t fall for it!”

“I told you, princess. Ready to take up my suggestion?” A voice Krystal knew better than any one else teasingly replied to her as she felt herself scoff.

“Of what?” Krystal asked, irritated. “Just what the hell is that dork going on about?” she thought, scowling lightly.

“You forgot already, Krys? Sheesh, and I already went through the trouble of putting your very own hotline in ads.” The teasing voice continued as Krystal felt herself blink rapidly.

Ads…?

“My own hotline?” she heard herself asking stupidly. "Wait, what did you already do?"

“Yeah, 1-800-KRY-STAL. Catchy, no?”

“Hold up, you were serious?” Krystal almost felt horrified as she remembered what Amber said to her only a day before.

[Why don’t you just be someone’s call-up girlfriend?]

“Come on, princess! It will be easy! Just go on a little fake date here and there, and you'll be rolling around in money, I promise!”

Krystal felt the gears in her head turning rapidly before reluctantly being swayed at the thought of easy money. The thought of those new shoes stayed in her mind, almost as if they were made to taunt her. “Fine.”

“Great! Get ready to meet your first client in an hour!” 

She heard an audible click, signaling that the line went dead.

“What?!”

Amber Josephine Liu- you're dead.

-end.

Hope you enjoyed it, as short as it was. :) I needed to start somewhere, after all~ 

Anyway, I would love to give a much needed thank you to all the people that subscribed and commented! Mwuah! Much love to you all~ <3 :D 

And I must say. I love the picture of Soojung that I put as the main image for this chapter. Hehe.