Chapter Four.

Need a Girlfriend? Call 1-800-KRY-STAL!

Hope you guys enjoy the update! ;D

- b o u n d e d  b y  l a w -

It had been a week since the first meeting between Kim Myungsoo and Krystal Jung.

And it had not been a pleasant week.

There were constant fights, icy glare offs, and general dissatisfaction at TOP Entertainment because of the duo.

They just couldn’t get along with each other (although the fact that Krystal still disliked him greatly could have something to do with it).

L and Krystal were meant to, under the suggestion (order) of Park Taejun, spend at least an hour each day  together to “warm up” to each other and bond.

The suggestion turned out to be the worst suggestion in the history of suggestions.

Because of the poor decision on the president’s part, “MyungStal” had taken only one week for the whole company to know them and fear their relationship. No one liked to see the two together.

By herself, Krystal was smiley, kind of snarky, and a bit of a dork. The staff and other aritsts and trainees rather liked her.

By himself, Myungsoo was his generally apathetic, polite, dashingly handsome self. 

Together, they were icy, immature, and kind of mean.

Which is why L’s manager stood outside the door, irritated enough to not want to enter the “MyungStal” room. (Yes, they had their own designated bonding room at TOP Ent.) He could feel the ice seeping through the closed door and exhaled deeply before knocking on the door. There was no response. He pursed his lips in annoyance and just opened the door hastily.

Better to get it over with.

Much to his surprise (or lack there of), they were both sitting in chairs, facing each other. There was even a desk in the middle of the room.

And they were across the room from each other, as far away as could be.

And they were even glaring icily at each other, while they were at it.

The ever so valiant manager was pretty sure that neither of them were blinking. He rolled his eyes at the sight of what he considered their favorite game. It was hard, breaking them out of this staring contest, just because they were competitive. That, and they could turn even the most simplest of staring contests into an all out war. Krystal almost bit him once because he made her “lose”.

The manager (AN: how did I not give him a name until now? o.O) named Moon Jaejin looked from Krystal, to Myungsoo, and then to Krystal, and back to Myungsoo before he looked at the paper he was carrying in his hands. “Paper from the president~” he waved the paper in the air.

No response. He was sure that the room just got colder. He set the paper down onto the desk gently, and slowly backed away. “I see that the bonding is going well. Really. I see sparks flying between you two~” (if icy sparks counted, anyway.) As he got closer to the door, he said something that made them both “lose” the game. “And by the way, the paper on the desk is your contract.” Before he could even close the door fully, he saw it.

They both lunged for it. And Moon Jaejin could have sworn that Krystal let out some sort of feral snarl.

Photobucket

(.gif credited to hamnocchio on tumblr~ soojungie’s…roar, i’m guessing~? i love it. keke.)

Unfortunately for Krystal, L ended up being 0.2695 seconds faster than her, and held up the paper victoriously.

It was Jaejin’s cue to exit the room. And exit he did.

L waved the piece of paper in front of Krystal’s face, taunting her for a moment. as he smirked slightly at her.

She wanted to kick him. She really did.

Krystal crossed her arms as L finally stopped smirking down at her, and started to look over the paper. And he almost dropped it. He walked back to his chair and sat down, still reading, as Krystal followed him begrudgingly. She wanted to read it too!

It read:

Contract Between Model L and Fake Girlfriend Krystal Jung!

(As stated by TOP Entertainment President Park Taejun~)

(Written by Lee Sungjong! ♥)

This piece of paper hereby states that Kim Myungsoo and Krystal Jung Soojung are and will be in a “relationship” for the next nine months. (This is legally binding mind you!!)

The rules to this (bounded by law under the influence of TOP Entertainment) relationship are as follows:

  1. Krystal Jung and L must act like a legitimate couple!! (and you guys can’t be boring. ._. this is a scandal! Be scandalous! We mean it. Really. Although you guys must still act at least kind of proper.)
  2. Krystal Jung and L must be caught in public (doing something couple-like or at least looking somewhat couple-like) at least seven times for the duration of the nine months “dating” period. (A scandal is a scandal.)
  3. Do not hurt, maim, or kill each other. We’re serious. (Although couple fights are allowed. But if anyone is doing the hitting, it better be Krystal, because we raised you better that, L!)
  4. Be nice and act as natural as possible with each other. Everyone hates fake couples. Especially fake celebrity couples!
  5. Don’t get caught being fake! No one is to know that Krystal had to be called up for her to be L’s girlfriend.
  6. Krystal Jung and L must go the whole nine months as a couple and only after the trial time period  has ended can the relationship be called off (or not).
  7. The contract (and thus, your relationship) cannot be terminated before the end of the nine months.
  8. It is okay to date for real! (You guys don’t have to, but the option is there…) ((And beside, you need some excitement in your life, L!)) Just putting it out there~
  9. Have fun! (But be safe and smart, you teenagers! Keke ^^)

Failure to abide by any of the rules above will result in immediate couple punishment. Be prepared, you two. Act like boyfriend-girlfriend like your lives depend on it.

Bottom Line: Act like how a couple should, and the next nine months will be a breeze.

Love, Park Taejun and Lee Sungjong~ ♥

 

x___________________ Krystal must sign here.                       x___________________ L must sign here.

 

Krystal and L took a moment of silence to take the whole contract in before the comments started coming. And then the commentary wouldn’t stop.

“How do we act scandalous?” Krystal asked, looking at rule number one curiously. Her head was cocked to the side and she was sincerely thinking about how to act scandalous without ruining her pride forever.

“You’re scandalous enough by yourself.” quipped L, smirking lightly.

Krystal looked offended (and rightfully so) before threatening him with a, “You want to die, Mr. Model?”

L made a blatant show of ignoring her by pointed to rule number three and said “They didn’t raise me though.”

Krystal looked at the paper once more and shrugged, saying, “At least I’m not liable if I hit you~” She rather liked that rule.

L rolled his eyes at Krystal’s response and pointed to another rule. “Everyone hates fake couples?”

“We are fake though…” Krystal trailed off, rereading that rule.

“And you’re not a celebrity, so we can’t be a celebrity couple.” added L, tone thoughtful.

Krystal gave him an almost dirty look as she retorted with an, “I don’t think my celebrity status matters.”

L ignored her once more (Krystal knows he likes ignoring her) and stated, “Number five makes me sound desperate.”

“You are.” Krystal replied, cheeky smile in place. He turned to glare at her, but it was hard trying to glare at a smiling angel she-devil. He scowled at her before smartly retorting to her with two short but effective (and ever so mature) words.

“Shut up.”

It was Krystal’s turn to ignore him as she said, “I like how they crossed out the word trial in rule six.”

L pursed his lips as he shook his head and muttered, “I can’t believe we can’t end this early. We seriously have to date for nine months?”

“Date for real? Something must be wrong with that president’s mind.” Krystal nodded her head as she said this statement, clearing abhorring the statement of “date for real”. She didn’t even realize that she was agreeing with L on something (although if it was brought up, she would deny ever agreeing with him vehemently).

L had the audacity to look slightly offended and asked, “Excuse me, what’s wrong with dating me?”

Krystal pretended to think for a moment before putting smiling cheekily and saying, “Everything.”

“You’re so-” L probably would have said something that he would later regret (because no matter how much she annoyed him, she was his girlfriend and he needed this relationship to work) but was cut off by the girl herself.

“What do they mean by have fun and be safe? I’m not going to have any fun and I better not be in any danger.” She pouted, staring at rule number nine.

L blinked once, twice, and the lowly mumbled, “I don’t think you’re getting their meaning of being safe.”

He said it lowly enough for Krystal not to hear properly.

“What was that?” Krystal asked, curious. He smiled stiffly at her and ignored her real question once more.

“I was just wondering what the hell couple punishment was.” He declared, tone nonchalant.

“Being with you is already couple punishment~~” She said this cheerfully and with a smile.

He wasn’t sure how much she meant it and how much she didn’t.

“Yah-” Before L could really say something he would regret, the door slammed open and both Krystal and L jumped a little bit (even if L was sitting).

And of course, both would notice that the either jumped.

“Yah, you’re such a scaredy-cat, Jung Soojung.” teased Myungsoo.

Krystal scoffed, and retorted with, “Yeah right, I saw you jump a bajillion inches out of your seat,” Krystal paused awkwardly as she looked sheepish and asked, “What was your real name again?”

L stared at her with an incredulous look on his face and almost groaned with annoyance. “Are you kidding me?”

“It’s not my fault you have a hard name to remember!” Krystal exclaimed, defending herself. 

“I see you two are getting along swimmingly.” mocked a voice at the door.

“MyungStal” turned to face the person who spoke (and slammed their door open) and saw the one and only Park Taejun.

“And I see you lovelies have already read the contract~” said Taejun, voice smug. “Did you two sign it yet?”

Krystal shook her head, scowl in place. Looking at the contract again, she wondered if all the money was worth it.

Taejun tsk-ed as Myungsoo looked at him blankly as the president made his way over, pen in hand. “Sign quickly, children!”

After a couple minutes of bickering and bullying (all from a grown man, mind you) was the contract signed and rolled up. “Thank you~” said Taejun, satisfied smile in place. “Now, I have a mission for you guys.”

“Mission?” they asked, already not liking the sound of it. They looked at Park Taejun is disbelief.

“Well, since you guys are scaring most of the staff here and are obviously still not on good terms, I have decided that more bonding must be done! But outside, in public! Where you guys can feel shame!” announced Taejun, voice sounding triumphant.

“I’m sorry, what?” asked L, face giving away his emotions.

L was not happy.

Taejun gave another gallant smile as Krystal started to glare at everyone and anything and asked, “Ready for your first public outing?”

--chapter end.

Next chapter is MyungStal in public! Oh, the goodness! Although Krystal still doesn't like Myung...but they're gettng there! :D and for all those waiting for Taemin or Minho, the next male lead will show up in 2 or 3 more chapters! >< please be patient about that, since I’m still setting up MyungStal! Anyway, I hope you guys liked this update~ the contract was my favorite part to write~ lol. i already have have of the next chapter written, but i need to update my other story first >< 

And my poll had a typo in it. /forever sad. D; (but myung won the poll by a long shot. ._. power of myungstal shippers lol)

Alright, who saw the TaeStal hand holding? Cutest thing ever <3 THE INTERLOCKED FINGERS. <3 And, and, there was MyungStal (kind of) during the shuffing part of Gayo Daejun~ (was it Gayo Daejun? o.O It was one of the end of the year music shows~)

But moving on from my shipper heart~ Comment replies!

@soojungjung: thank you for the compliment! <3 and i hope you liked the myungstal in this chapter! …even if they’re still in the bickering stage of their relationship. hehe. i will dutifully write more myungstal moments for you~

@Dee_wingless: thank you for liking how i write! ;D and here’s myungstal for you~ even though they’re still…immature right now~ lol.

@HoneyCates: taestal is coming up soon! >< in the next two or three chapters~ don’t worry, i wanna write taestal too~~

@vickysmileey: in my mind, krystal has to be myungsoo’s ideal type! haha. and it means a lot that this is one of your favorite myungstal fics <3

@kimchijjang: keke, it would be had to not be interested in soojungie~ xD and their tom and jerry type of relationship will continue~ at least for a while. haha.

@susanisgorjess: they’ll have their sweet moments soon! (if they can get past bickering. ._.) and L will for sure be jealous~ minho and taemin will get jealous too LOL

@minstal_1: minstal will show up soon! ;D

@Geerah18: thank you for loving my story! >< <3 and there is more myungstal to come~ haha.

@PinkyLover: I don’t know who krystal will end up with in the end yet, but i wouldn’t mind if it was myungstal either~ haha. ;D

@KhunKrystal: here’s the next chapter! and final pairing is up in the air, but thank you for being okay with whichever pairing <3 ;--;

@KathyXVII: oh my god, i am converting someone >< xD <3 hope you liked the latest update~

@StarryKelly: I love all three couples too! ;D hehe. can't decide between the three (although i am leaning towards one...haha...)

@fanatix: oh my gosh, thank you for saying that i portrayed kryber perfectly! ;--; i tried hard to show what kind of bond they have >< peaceful amber can’t stay peaceful around myungsoo. lol. especially since amber will always be the third wheel in the myungstal relationship. xD

@BarbieYeoja: thank you for the poster again, you wonderful person! and thank you for loving this fic! <3

@pandagirl84: thanks for saying it’s interesting~ hope you liked the update~ :D

Thanks to all the commentors and subscribers! You guys make me want to write <3 (and that's saying a lot, because i am a procrastinator.) ;D