Chapter Six.

Need a Girlfriend? Call 1-800-KRY-STAL!

Happy sixth chapter! xD Hope you guys like the update!

- "oh my gosh, she's so pretty!" -

Krystal sighed dejectedly as she started daily walk home with Amber.

“What’s up, Krys?” Amber asked, poking her cheek and trying to make the younger girl smile.

All she got in return was a hard glare and a hiss (Amber thought it was a hiss, anyway).

“Woah, what did I do to you?” Amber drew her hand back immediately and had a mock look of shock on her face.

Krystal pouted and she couldn’t help the whining that came out of . “I’ve been so tired lately because of the stupid new job you gave me! I have to spend so much time with that stupid ice block (read: L) and we have to perfect being the picture perfect couple and I can’t believe you did this to me!” She stopped Amber from walking and glared at her again.

Amber would have considered the possible threat to her life scary, except Krystal was whining and Amber was just trying hard not to laugh. “Yes, of course, I’m sorry.” Amber didn’t bother to bring up the fact that Krystal agreed to the job.

“Are you sorry? Are you really?” asked Krystal. Even that came off as a whine, and Amber couldn’t help the slight snicker that left .

The glaring intensified and the tomboy immediately apologized, although the smile on her face could not be wiped off for anything. “How about you just picture the shoes and money that you’ll get off of spending time with the ice block?”

Krystal looked thoughtful for a moment, and continued her walk back home with a dazed look on her face.

Amber couldn’t help but grin.

Because after all, Amber knows how to placate Krystal best.

--

As KryBer walked along, unbeknownst to them, they were followed by two slightly (read: very) suspicious figures.

“See, see! That’s her! Totally your type, right?” Kim Kibum (aka Key) looked excited as they somewhat secretly followed Amber and Krystal.

After getting a strange call from Kibum, where the slightly older boy insisted that he found the answers to his prayers, Minho was forced out of the house so that Kibum could prove his amazing-ness.

And now they were stalking (following secretly, in the words of Kibum) two high school girls walking home.

Minho hoped to god that they wouldn’t get accosted by cops.

“She looks so much like her…” Minho muttered as he looked on, vaguely interested.

“Right~? Totally your type!” Kibum agreed, taking the statement as Minho’s approval.

Minho found himself rolling his eyes and stopping his diva best friend with a look. “Dude, I know you’re trying to make me be happy because she can’t right now, but having some fake girlfriend isn’t going to cut it.”

It was Kibum’s turn to roll his eyes as he glared levelly at Minho’s face. “Look, you need to get a move on in life. Even she wouldn’t want you to shun the girl population like how you’re doing now.”

 “You talk like she’s dead…” Minho pursed his lips as an act of repressing his emotions and talked quietly, with his tone soft.

Kibum looked floored for a moment, and didn’t respond. He suddenly sighed and tried to go about this another way. “Minho, I know you’re not over her, and you may never be, hell, you don’t even have to be, but doing this might be good for you. You need more friends than me and a dirty soccer ball.”

“That dirty soccer ball, I’ll have you know, is more lovable than you.” declared Minho, tone flat and arms crossed.

Kibum looked appalled and scoffed at his best friend before saying tentatively, “I still think it would be a good experience for you. She’s all you ever knew, but why not go and get yourself out there?”

“By getting a fake girlfriend?” asked Minho, incredulous.

“It’s a start. And you don’t like any of the other girls at school anyway, since they’re all your fans.” said Kibum, tone dry.

Minho stayed quiet, knowing that his friend spoke the truth. “So are you going to call 1-800-KRY-STAL or not?”

“…fine, I’ll call her later.”

--

Krystal gave an exaggerated sigh as she got up from the couch in her living room slowly. Jessica, who was sitting on another couch near her, looked up from her laptop with a questioning gaze. “What’s up with you, Soojung?”

“I have to go to work.” stated Krystal, voice whiny once more as she walked towards the front door.

Jessica got up from her seat and exclaimed, “You got a job?”

Krystal suddenly stopped and froze. Oh , Jessica unnie doesn’t know about my job yet.

As if she was a different person, Krystal hurriedly walked towards the door, ready to get out. “Oh no, I’m going to be late!” she said, laughing nervously. She opened the door.

“Wait, what do you work as?” questioned Jessica, walking towards her.

Krystal slammed the door behind her.

--

Taemin puffed his cheeks in irritation as his hyung went around his room, throwing clothes around and singing at the top of his lungs.

“Hyung, you have a nice voice, but can you stop?”

He was ignored. Clothes continued to be thrown around.

“Hyung?”

Jonghyun was much too busy picking out an outfit for Taemin (and singing much too loudly) to even hear the boy call out to him.

“HYUNG!” Taemin was very, very short of screaming at the top of his lungs in hopes that he could be heard over Kim Jonghyun’s own loud voice.

“What Taem~?” asked Jonghyun, turning around very nonchalantly and with an outfit in hand.

“Why are you raiding my clothes?” asked Taemin, exasperated.

Jonghyun tsk-ed at him and wagged a finger. “Do you not remember, Taemin?”

“What, hyung?” Taemin glanced around his room and fought down a sigh. His Jonghyun hyung really knew how to mess up a room in only five minutes.

“We’re meeting your fake girlfriend today!” He cheered as he continued to place multiple outfits where he thought there was free space.

Free space continued to disappear at a rapid rate.

“I remember, but do you really need to pick out an outfit for me?” whined Taemin, still exasperated at his hyung and the current state of his room.

Jonghyun stopped moving and stared at Taemin pointedly. “I’m doing you a favor, trust me. You’ll want to dress up.”

Taemin just looked at Jonghyun skeptically.

--

“Krystal ah~” Sungjong ran over to Krystal and pulled her into a hug.

“Hi Sungjong oppa~” Krystal returned the hug and smiled at him.

“L is in the usual room waiting for you~” Sungjong said, leading Krystal by the arm.

Krystal’s smile dropped and Sungjong resisted the urge to laugh. He always thought it was funny how Krystal was always so nice and smiley to him, but always looked unhappy around his Myung hyung. It really was way too funny seeing her mood change.

“So how is L hyung treating you?” questioned Sungjong, honestly curious. From what he heard, the duo did not get along at all. They were compared to immature children and fought without shame, scaring and annoying the whole building in the process. The manager told Sungjong that they fought like cat and dog. That means Myungsoo hyung would be the dog, right? Since Krystal is for sure the cat…Sungjong almost smiled at the thought of his Myung hyung being a dog.

“He’s annoying.” Krystal stated flatly. “He always picks fights with me, and he always has that annoying emotionless face on! He thinks he’s so cool just because he’s some big shot model!” She huffed and pouted.

Sungjong smiled to placate her, but he wondered if she heard herself. She picks fights just as much as he does…and her face is emotionless too…well, only to Myungsoo hyung... Sungjong pursed his lips and came to a quick conclusion. She’s perfect for Myung hyung. He wanted a girl that isn’t easy, and he got her. She still doesn’t like him at all..

“Sungjong oppa, I have to tell you something.” Krystal said, tone serious. They stopped in front of MyungStal’s usual meeting room.

He looked at her curiously and cocked his head to the side, giving her his undivided attention.

“That hyung of yours is evil.”

Sungjong was a little shocked because even if they fought and she did call him a lot of names, she has never called him evil before.

“He held my hand without permission.” She said this seriously, and for a moment, Sungjong was afraid to laugh in fear of ruining the serious atmosphere.

But he couldn’t help himself.

“L hyung already held your hand? Hahaha~ I knew he liked you more than he let on!” Sungjong smiled cheerfully and couldn’t stop his laughter. So much for her only being okay. What a sneaky hyung! Holding hands already…

And then the door they stood in front of burst open and L was exclaiming, “That was an accident!”

“How do you accidentally hold someone’s hand, you evil being?” asked Krystal, crossing her arms.

“I explained this to you already, you annoying girl!” hissed L, exasperated.

Sungjong continued to smile cheerfully at the two. Ah, I love these two.

Krystal looked offended and pushed him, saying, “Well, I’m sorry then, Mr. Model. I seem to have pushed you on accident.”

“Yah-”

L was cut off by his manager, who just so happened to be walking by, and quickly saved the situation. “Krystal Jung!” he shouted.

She turned around, shocked at the sudden new voice. “When’s L’s birthday?”

Krystal looked thoughtful for a moment, and almost hesitant, before she answered quietly with a, “March…13th…?”

“Correct!” Moon Jaejin cheered.

Krystal looked proud of herself and allowed a smile to appear on her face. “Yay~ I was about to guess some day in December too~”

“Yah, you can’t even remember my birthday?” asked L, the pushing incident already forgotten.

"I got the question right, didn't I?" said Krystal, looking at him pointedly.

“L, when is Krystal’s birthday then?” asked his manager.

L didn’t even blink at the question and answered confidently, “October 24th.”

Krystal rolled her eyes and said, “So you know ONE thing about me.”

“I bet I know more about you than you do about me.” scoffed L.

Krystal looked offended again and hissed, “Those are fighting words, pretty boy.”

L didn’t even look at her and just turned his attention towards his manager. “Next question please.”

“Krystal, how many siblings does L have?”

“He has one younger brother named Moonsoo.” Krystal looked smug.

“And L, what’s Krystal’s older sister’s name?”

“Jessica Jung Sooyeon, and she’s 22 right now.” L looked just as smug.

They spared a moment to glare at each other, but otherwise had their undivided attention on Moon Jaejin, which made the manager kind of uncomfortable.

Questions continued to be asked until the two were continuously getting answers wrong about each other, and it was obvious that they were purely guessing random things.

So for an hour, they played their little trivia game until they both called a quits. Sungjong was amused for the whole hour that they played, while Manager Moon was surprised that they knew that much about each other.

“I can’t believe you two actually know things about each other.” said Manager Moon, clapping and pretending to cry.

“I am very proud of you two!” added Sungjong, clapping as well.

Krystal then looked at her watch and almost cursed. “Crap, I’m late!” She hurried to the door after giving Sungjong a quick hug and waving bye.

“What are you late to?” asked L, plainly curious.

“I have to meet another client. See you later, Mr. Model.” She was out of the door in a matter of seconds and the three male watched her walk away quickly.

“…wait, she has other fake boyfriends while she’s dating me?” asked L, in shock.

“She’s not actually dating you though.” said Manager Moon, patting L’s shoulder sympathetically.

“I know that~ But she has the gall to date others while she’s dating me?” asked L once more, still shocked.

“But she’s not dating you!” Manager Moon said this in response to L’s question, and was starting to look a little concerned.

“I know that!” retorted L.

Sungjong just laughed.

Oh Myung hyung…

--

Jonghyun and Taemin were sitting patiently (but not really) in a café, waiting for Krystal Jung to show up. The café was the arranged meeting place, and they were a little early.

Taemin found that his leg wouldn’t stop shaking, and he also found that he couldn’t stop aforementioned leg.

“Nervous much~?” Jonghyun teased.

“I can’t help it, she might be the one that meets my parents!” whined Taemin, putting a hand on his leg. He was trying to forcibly make the leg stop.

The door opened, and a girl around his age walked in. She looked bored out of her mind and slightly irritated, but she was undeniably attractive. She was dressed in simple clothes (that consisted of a plaid button up and jeans) and anyone could tell that she had a body that killed. 

(She was wearing what she is actually wearing in the picture below~)

Photobucket

Taemin shrugged her off and continued to look at the other people walking in. My fake girlfriend couldn’t possibly be her.

“Look, there’s Soojung!” whispered Jonghyun, pointing to the girl that Taemin was evidently checking out seconds before.

Taemin chocked on air. “HER?” he almost shouted, but remembered at the last moment to whisper.

Jonghyun nodded proudly, and waved her over. She saw only a hand waving at her, and decided to walk over. She paid no mind to them and only noticed that a hand was calling to her.

“Oh my gosh hyung, she’s so pretty!” whispered Taemin, eyes wide and in shock. Jonghyun said she was cute, but he wasn’t expecting much. “But she looks mean!”

But this girl was almost ridiculously pretty.

He felt the vague sense of wanting to run away and hide, like how he always did when he got nervous.

“I know Taem, I know. But don’t worry, that’s her natural expression.” said Jonghyun voice and tone wise. “And if she’s mean to you, it’s okay, she’ll build your character. Remember that.”

“What’s that supposed to mean?” whispered Taemin, eyes still wide and in shock.

Krystal walked over to where the two boys were sitting and took a seat, automatically going into, “Hi, my name is Krystal Jung and I’ll be your fake girlfriend for however long. My fees are- wait, Jonghyun oppa?” she looked a little shocked to see him there, and stared at him almost angrily (but Jonghyun knew better than to be scared off).

Oh my god, I’ll shoot him if he tells Jessica unnie that he saw me.

“What are you doing here, oppa?” Krystal asked, tone careful as she placed all of her attention onto the older male.

Taemin was happy she wasn’t paying attention to him. He could stare at her openly without looking creepy. (Because he still wasn’t over how pretty she was yet.)

“Well, Soojung~” Jonghyun drawled, putting an arm over Taemin’s shoulders (which was Taemin’s cue to stop staring so blatantly). “Taemin needs a little help.”

Krystal quirked an eyebrow at the use of her Korean name, but otherwise disregarded it and took to looking at her newest client. “Hi, my name is Krystal Jung and I’ll be your fake girlfriend.” She smiled prettily at him (she considered it her "work" smile), and he found himself returning the smile while shaking her hand.

Oh my gosh, her smile is so pretty. I take back what I said about her being mean! “Hi, my name is Lee Taemin, and I’ll be your fake boyfriend for as long as I can pay you for.” he joked. He felt awkward around her, and that left his mouth before his mind could really process what to say to her. I can’t believe I just said that.

She laughed lightly at the joke, and kept the smile on her face. “So what do you need my help with, Lee Taemin?”

Jonghyun smirked when he heard Taemin crack an awkward joke because he knew the younger was feeling awkward, but he could not help the -eating grin that appeared on his face when he heard Krystal laugh in response. I have a good feeling about these two.

Taemin looked at her awkwardly and said sheepishly, “I accidentally lied to my parents, and now they think I have a girlfriend, and…” He trailed off sheepishly as Krystal looked surprised. She thought this would just be another one of those “I need a date for something” calls. Meeting someone else’s parents was going to get awkward. She already knew it would.

“That’s where you come in, Soojung~” Jonghyun cheered.

Krystal felt a strange sense of foreboding in the air.

--

Krystal just got out of the café, declined a ride from Jonghyun, and was on her way home when her phone rang.

It was an unknown number, and Krystal already knew what this call was going to be about. She sighed and picked up nonetheless.

“Hello?”

“Hi, my name is Choi Minho.”

--chapter end.

LOL I FAIL SO BAD. Not only was I super obvious with who the friend and hyung was, but I accidentally typed Jonghyun’s name and left it there for a while xD /sad. But anyway, here's MinKey and JongTae bff-ery. xD 

fanatix, thanks for pointing out that i left jonghyun’s name there <3 

Hoped you guys liked the (slight) MyungStal and (kind of) TaeStal in this chapter! MinStal is coming up~ ;D 

I’m not doing comment replies this time around, but thanks to everyone that commented and subscribed! Much love to you guys! <3