Chapter Nine

Girls like Girls || YulSic FF

Chapter Nine

 

Jessica just stood there, frozen. She doesn't know what to say for her heartbeat is racing. She wanted to say yes, but her inner-straight tells her that she shouldn't because she's straight.

 

"Yah. I'm just kidding. But yeah, I did kiss some girls." Yuri confessed to the girl. Was she scared that I'd kiss her? she asked herself. Jessica was surprised at Yuri's answer and also disappointed that they didn't kiss. "Some girls? So not just once," Jessica stated the obvious then decided to ask Yuri the question she wanted to ask long time ago. "Yul.. Are you.. um.. a lesbian?" she asked shyly.

 

Yuri grinned, "Well, lesbian is not the exact term. I'm biual. I like both girls and boys." She finally admitted to Jessica which is nodding right now. "Are you going to avoid me now?" she asked in a low voice. Jessica held Yuri's chin so they are now looking at each other's eyes.

 

"Listen to me Yul," Jessica started. "I will never avoid you, okay? You're biual? So what? It doesn't change the fact that you are a great person I'd like to spend my time with." Upon hearing Jessica's words, she wanted to believe her drunken words that night. Yuri hugged her and whispered, "Thank you."

 

Jessica suddenly remembered something. "Oh there's a show in the university theater! Do you want to watch it with me?" Yuri thought that it's a good idea to watch it with her, so she the mood between them will light up. "Sure. Let's go back to our room first and change clothes."

 

The two girls changed into warmer clothes since the AC at the university theater is cold. "Ready?" Jessica asks. "Always." Yuri winked.

---

 

Yuri was shocked to see who the actress is. It was Im YoonA. Her ex-girlfriend. She called someone on the phone. "Hello. I'd like to order a bouquet of tulips. Yeah. As soon as possible. I'll pay with cash. Thanks. I'll text you the instructions."

 

Yuri chose to watch the show silently after texting the details. Jessica noticed that she was quiet during the show. She thought that maybe Yuri's the type to be serious during shows. But then, the actress looks familiar to Jessica.

 

"I think I saw that girl before.." Jessica whispered and Yuri looked at her. She wanted to say that Yoona is her ex-girlfriend but decided not to unless Jessica asks her. Yuri mouthed, "Later." Jessica nodded and continued enjoying the show. She'll be explaining everything to Jessica later when they got home.

 

When the show ended, all of the actors and actresses on the stage received a bouquet of roses except for Yoona, who received a bouquet of tulips. Yoona smiled at the flowers and searched for someone in the audience. She spotted Yuri at the audience with Jessica, she felt a little jealousy but still smiled. Yoona wanted Yuri to be happy even though not beside her. She sent a text message to Yuri and thanked her. 

 

Yuri paid the bouquet of tulips to the delivery guy who was waiting outside the university theater. "You bought a bouquet? Oh." Jessica said, with sadness in her voice. She just nodded to Jessica and returned home. They bought dinner before heading to their room. Jessica took a look at Yuri's photographs and saw the actress at the play earlier. Now, everything made sense for Jessica. The girl who watched the match near the bench, the girl on the picture with Yuri and the girl with the bouquet of tulips.

 

"That's Yoona and I. She's my ex-girlfriend." Yuri confirmed what's on Jessica's mind. "But do you still love her?" she asked, not knowing what answer she'd like to hear.

 

"Listen to me. I still love her but, I can't continue playing a losing game unlike in volleyball. I am moving on," Yuri explained. "We're done. Yoona will just be another chapter in my life. My favorite one, that is." she added. "Enough about me. I told you many things about me this day. How about you? Are you lesbian or what? Tell me something about you." Yuri chuckled after saying that.

 

"I'm str-straight.." Jessica stammered while convincing herself that she is straight and that she's not attracted to Yuri. "How did you meet Donghae?" Yuri questioned with curiosity. "Well. We were childhood friends but we got separated from each other when we flew to America in highschool. Now, we met again in this university."

 

And that night, they talked about themselves despite the sadness they're hiding from each other. One is suppressing her feelings, the other is trying to connect.

--

 

"You got a class? Oh yeah. I forgot you have one class every sunday," Jessica spoke softly when she saw Yuri about to leave the room. "Yes. By the way, I'll be home before lunch. Let's eat together," Yuri promised.

 

"Let's have a movie marathon when you get back! Twilight series!" Jessica said, with excitement in her voice.


Short chapter xx Sorry guys! I'll try to upload the next chapter as soon as it can be!! Y'all waiting for the kiss, right? We're almost there hehehehe. Hope you liked this chapter! Please comment your reactions and feedbacks!