Chapter Six

Girls like Girls || YulSic FF

Chapter Six

 

"Hello? Yuri?" the girl on the other line repeated. Yuri closed her eyes, just listening to Yoona's voice. "If you're not gonna say anything, then I am hanging up. I'll count five seconds." Yoona threatened.

 

Yuri sighed before speaking, "Hey.. Can you watch our first game this friday I'd appreciate your presence. I'll leave the ticket in your locker. " Before Yoona could even respond, she ended the call. She was sweating, and her heartbeat is racing. She is not expecting Yoona to come but still.. she hopes.

 

When she is already in front of Yoona's locker, she put there the ticket for their first game. Yoona used to be her cheerleader. Yoona used to be her lucky charm. Yoona used to be her strength. Yoona used to be the brightest star on her sky, now the light is starting to fade away. Now, it's all 'used to be'. She promised herself that after that game on friday, she will accept the cold reality. They can't happen. Yoona chose to give up on them. 

 

"She's the first person I ever loved like this. I swear. I think I'll die without her," Yuri used to tell this to her friends everytime they ask about Yoona.

 

Now, Yuri will let go of Yoona, but most importantly she will let go of herself from the pain that she got from loving Yoona. She will always treasure the stolen moments with Yoona. 

--

 

This past few days have been busy for both Jessica and Yuri.

 

Jessica is busy with the collection and runway. She's been really stressed out since some of the additional accessories and shoes she ordered haven't arrived yet. Yuri, on the other hand, is very hands on during the training since she's the team captain. She almost spend her day at the university's gymnasium.

 

They were too stressed and too tired to even talk and chat in the room. But Yuri never forgets to brew a coffee for Jessica in morning. Every time Yuri would arrive at the room at midnight, she would see Jessica sleeping in the table while trying to finish her drafts and sketches. She would always carry and transfer Jessica to her bed.

 

"You're light as a feather. I guess you've lost too much weight," Yuri whispered one night as she was carrying the girl. She fixed Jessica's hair before going in her own bed. "Sleep tight."

--

 

The day before Yuri's team game, their coach decided that they should take a chill and rest because this will help them get a full energy for tomorrow's game. Yuri and her friends decided to check out on Jessica.

 

Jessica was surprised when she saw the three volleyball players in their studio but Yuri was more surprised on how stressed Jessica is. "Damn girl, you need to take a break," Tiffany commented in her high pitched voice. "Yeah. Give yourself a break," Taeyeon agreed to her girlfriend.

 

"That's what we were telling her. She wouldn't listen to us!" Seohyun explained as they recovered from awe by the beauty of Jessica's friends. Yuri just stayed quiet, waiting for her to speak but she couldn't keep her patience anymore.

 

Everyone in the room is so shocked when Yuri pulled Jessica by the hand as they head to the parking lot. "What are we doing here?" Jessica asked.

 

"Obviously, we're going outside the campus to fix your mind." Yuri replied as she opened the door for Jessica. "The timing is perfect, it's almost sunset!" she exclaimed. Before heading to their destination, Yuri drove to the nearest convenient store to buy something.

 

"Soju?" Jessica stated the obvious, shaking her hands. 'Yuri and soju' she thought. She also purchased two chicken burger on the store and drove again.

 

Jessica was just looking outside the window to see where they are heading to. "Are we near yet?" she bugged Yuri again but no response when suddenly Yuri parked the car and went out. She followed and stood beside the tan girl.

 

"Look there," Yuri commanded her and Jessica obeyed. Her eyes were sparkling when she watched the sunset, she felt her stress slightly fading away. "Now," Yuri held her hand. "It's time for the soju and chicken burger."

 

"How did you discover this place?" she asked Yuri out of curiosity. "I used to jog here everyday.." with Yoona.

 

Yuri carried Jessica to the open cargo area of her pickup truck. They sat there, admiring the view. Jessica opened the bottle of soju, "Finally. A break from stress. Thanks Yul." Yuri just smiled at her and played music in her phone. "You deserve a break, Sica. I hope you know that. Breath more. You are amazing, I know you can do your job well. If things get heavy, smoke with me."

 

Jessica was teary eyed at Yuri's words, she felt the sincerity. And that evening, they felt closer than they did before. Listening to some up beat 90's songs, telling each other stories, and smoking.  A beautiful friendship bloomed.

---

 

It was game day for the women volleyball squad of Seoul University. They are much more eager to taste their first win this season. Donghae and Jessica met outside the university's arena. "Are you okay already, Sica?" he asked since they haven't talked to each other for a few days. Jessica showed her most beautiful smile to show that she is fine. Thanks to Yuri and the sunset.

 

They went inside and half of the arena is already occupied. "Hwaiting Yul, Tiff and Tae!" she cheered them while Donghae lifted the banner. The three girls waved at them and continued stretching for the game. In just 20 minutes, the arena is almost jam-packed. Both teams started practing jumps, spikes and digs. Jessica was amazed to see a different side of Yuri.

 

"She looked so competetive, right? We used to play together." Donghae remarked as Yuri got a service ace. They are now in ten-point lead with their score 20 points and it was almost the end of set 1 when the opponent team lessen the gap in their score.

 

A female wearing a sunglass entered the arena and occupied the seat near the bench, like where she used to sit before. Yuri set her eyes at the familiar figure, and felt the energy inside her body getting high. There, she gave the opponent team the best offense in the first set.


Hello readers! I'm back again! Who is that female? Hmmmm. Comment your reactions please! Thank you for the upvote, reader-nim!

 

Hope you liked this chapter! Stay tuned for the next update. ^^

 

By the way, did you know about Jessica's interview about SNSD? Let's hope Yuri is one of those she still contacts! #OT9TRASH #YULSIC Let's support Jessica's solo as well as Tiffany's.