Chapter Three

Girls like Girls || YulSic FF

Chapter Three

 

"You dated her?" Jessica stopped in her track, she was surprised. Donghae nodded as an answer, remembering the day they broke up.

 

"But.. what happened? If you don't mind me asking.." she's really curious. "Hmm. It's a complicated story." he answered. Even though he was hurt by Yuri, he still thinks that he should not disclose that kind of information.

 

"Then it means, she's straight." Jessica whispered. But still, the image of Yuri with HyunA earlier still lingers in her mind. It confuses her.

 

Donghae could just let out a small laugh by Jessica's statement. 'If only she knew' he thought to himself. "Why are you curious about Yul's ual orientation?" he asked her out of curiosity.

 

Jessica was taken back for a moment and asked herself the same question. 'Why does her ual preference matters to me?'

 

"Ah.. because her friends are lesbians.. I'm sure you know Taeyeon and Tiffany.. I'm just curious if she's like that too." she managed to answer, finally. "How about you? Are you straight?" he asked jokingly.

 

Jessica smiled and said, "Yes. I am."

 

Now they are in front of the ladies dormitory. "There you go. Rest well!" Donghae said and left.

--

 

After the training, Yuri went to the convenient store to buy an energy drink. She decided to drink it at the store then suddenly, someone sat beside her. 

 

"You still drink that," said by a familiar voice. It was Yoona's. Her ex-girlfriend. She froze for a moment. "Since you bring it to me every training, it has become my favorite." Yuri said, as she attempts to hold her hand but Yoona moved her hand away.

 

"Yul.. You know we can't happen. My parents won't accept me as a lesbian, okay?" Yoona sighed and got up. She loved Yuri more than anyone, but she also love her parents.

 

Yuri faked a smile, "I know.. I'll get going."

 

She walked with a gloomy face on her way to the dormitory. She was welcomed by the presence of Jessica and her portfolio. Yuri then remembered about taking her measurement and... Donghae, which made her more stressed.

 

"Uh Sica? Can you take my measurement tomorrow? I'm really not.. feeling well. Sorry." she said then took a cigarette and lighter from her cabinet. "Sure thing, Yul. I understand." Jessica said.

 

'She's going to smoke again.' she thought as she saw Yuri locked herself in the bathroom. One thing she observed during her one month stay with Yuri is that whenever she's stressed, she smokes. Everytime Jessica will go to the cr after her, she will see a cigarette in the trashcan along with the newly lit up aroma candle to remove the smell of smoke.

 

Yuri lit her cigarette and placed it between her lip, then closed her eyes. She needs to release her stress. There are many things going in her head. She wants to move on from Yoona and she felt really sorry about Donghae. She broke up with him because she's been falling in love with Yoona back then but it doesn't mean that she never loved him... she did. Past tense.

 

Another thing was, if Donghae told Jessica about it. Yuri's afraid that she might look at her badly. And somehow, she does not want that to happen. 

 

She threw the cigarette in the trashcan and lit up the scented candle to remove the smell of smoke then went out. Jessica was already in her bed, but not sleeping. Yuri also laid down on her bed, facing the wall.

 

"Sica.. Can I ask you something?" Yuri said in a low voice. "What is it, Yul?" Jessica asked in her relaxed voice.

 

"Did Donghae told you something.. about me?" she asked nervously.

 

Jessica raised her eyebrow, "Yeah. He told me you dated him before.." she paused after hearing Yuri sighed in relief then continued, "Next time, if you want to smoke.. do it with me.." She didn't know where she got that courage to say that. Meanwhile, the tan girl smiled upon hearing that. There's nothing romantic about what she said but somehow, it made Yuri's heart skip a beat.

 

"Yeah.. let's smoke together.. "

 

Morning after that, Yuri was the first one to wake up. She watched Jessica peacefully sleep like a cat. She opened her laptop and started writing her essay, titled "Philosophy of Love" due this morning also since the professors won't come to the class because they have a university meeting.

 

Yuri finished the paper and still, Jessica haven't woke up yet. She looked at the watch, it's still early though. 7:30 am. She is walking to the mini kitchen to find something to eat when Jessica's alarm clark rang. 

 

She yawned before walking to the mini kitchen. "Good morning Yul," she greeted the girl. "Do you eat omelet rice? Let's eat together." Yuri offered her and she replied with a big smile. "Can I help you in cooking?" she said while getting the onions from the small fridge. 

 

"Yeah. Cut those onions please." Yuri replied and she continued to slice the onions but her eyes were tearing up. 

 

Yuri heard the sniffs of Jessica, it was because of the onions. She chuckled and wiped Jessica's tears. "I'll do it. Just do the mixing later, okay?" she gently said to Jessica. The mini kitchen was full of laughters as they enjoyed making their breakfast. 

 

She started brewing coffee for the two of them, then she remembered Donghae and texted him. "Hey. Thanks for not telling Jessica about what happened to us.. I'd like to thank you personally though." she typed then sent it to him. She also made another coffee for Donghae.

 

They ate their breakfast with a smile together. "It's been a while since I ate omelet rice." Jessica commented as she finished her last scoop of omelet rice. "Me too," Yuri said and her phone beeped. It was a text from Donghae.

 

"Let's meet today. I'll wait outside your dorm."


End of chapter 3! Hope you enjoyed reading it!! Please comment your reactions and subscribe ^^ You can also upvote if you want. Thank you for reading!!