Problem

It's All Because of a TV Show
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Two young ladies were walking together along the hallway of the hospital after having dinner, making their way to the VVIP room. They were sharing many stories, much of talking randomly about everything, till they arrived at the certain room. The older one turned her head, looking at the younger.

“Thanks for your company, Yoona,” she flashed her sweet smile that succeeded to make the latter flustered, but fortunately, Yoona still could hide it.

“Ne, my pleasure, Yul,” she uttered as she nodded slightly, and there was the silence again between them, since they were too busy staring at each other, each of them didn’t know what to say anymore. Then suddenly, Yoona remembered something. “Ah, i almost forgot,” she fished her pocket jeans, earning the confused frown from the latter.

“Here is your hanky. Don’t worry, i guarantee that it’s clean already, since i have washed it,” just as Yoona shoved the square fabric, Yuri’s hand held Yoona’s, pushing her hand gently.

“No. just keep it. I’m okay with it anyway,”

“But-“

“Well, i think i should go now. Thanks again, Yoong. Be safe in driving,” the tanned lady bid a goodbye as she reached for the knob, and entered the room afterward, leaving the doe-eyed lady behind.

In the VVIP room, there was Mr. Kwon, Yuri’s father sitting on the chair next to the bed, while on the bed was Mrs. Kwon, lying lifelessly with her thin body, oxygen mask over her nose, in her body was hooked the life supporting machines, her eyes remained close still. The man sitting on the chair literally turned his head right after the door was opened, revealing his daughter walked inside.

“Hey, Yul. Done with your dinner?”

Yuri merely nodded, as she made her way to her dad, handing him a box of regular-sized pizza before she was wrapped around her slender waist with an arm of her father. “How is she, Appa?” there was a hint of sadness in Yuri’s tone, and her father knew it, since he has a same feeling as his daughter.

“Doctor said, she still has no progress, Yul. Let’s hope a miracle will come true,” Mr. Kwon tightened his arm around Yuri’s waist, as if she’s the only one who could be leaned on to forget his sadness. “It’s my fault, Yul. If only i followed the words of you and your mom in the first place to stop smoking, then your mom absolutely wouldn’t be like this. Your mom wouldn’t suffer lung cancer definitely,” his voice was near to crack, and instinctively, Yuri hugged her father by his neck, comforting the latter.

“Appa, it’s not your fault at all. Destiny has destined Umma to be like this. No one has fault here, so stop blaming at yourself. Let’s pray together, hoping a miracle to Umma. God isn’t sleeping, is He?” Yuri uttered fondly, as she gave her father a peck on his cheek to calm him down. She loved her father and mother so much, so that was why she worked very hard to make them happy, to elevate the social status of her family.

The words of his daughter crept into his heart slowly, earning a warm feeling inside that calmed his down. He nodded, then rubbed Yuri’s cheek gently. “Yes, you’re right, Yul,”

Once again Yuri gave her father a peck on his cheek before she released her arms around his neck. “Well, i brought you a pizza. You have to eat it, okay, Appa. You haven’t had any dinner definitely,” Yuri chimed to lift the mood in the room, as she held the box of pizza and opened it, revealing six slices of meat lover pizza.

Yuri’s lips curved into smile while seeing her beloved father was eating a slice of pizza on the couch. Then suddenly, the ringing of phone interrupted the silence in the room, Yuri didn’t bother to glance at the id, and picked it up immediately.

“Hello?”

“Hello, Yuri-yaaa. It’s Taeyeon,”

“Yeah, Tae. What’s up?”

“Can we meet now? I have something to tell you,”

Yuri glanced at her watch, it’s nearly late night, if her bestfriend called her and asked her to meet in this time, she must have a really really important thing to tell, since she never bothered Yuri for unimportant matter in the late night, she was such a respectful bestfriend. So, Yuri had no waste time to reply her.

“Hmm, okay. Where?”

“In usual cafe. I’ll be waiting here,”

“Alright then,” Yuri hung up the line, and stood up on her feet, causing her father frowned confusedly.

“Where’re you going, Yuri-yaaa?” Mr. Kwon asked in wondering seeing his daughter was about to leave again.

“Taeng wanna meet me, Appa,” she came closer to her father, giving him a peck then left.

***

Through the night, in the very late late night, Yuri was driving her car. Depressed, furious, ashamed were overwhelming her right after she met her bestfriend, Taeyeon, and she told Yuri her problem. Never has she felt like this before in her entire life, for feeling so this depressed. Her mom hasn’t recovered yet from her illness, she was still in coma, but then another issue came.

She said before to her dad, God isn’t sleeping. But, with this another issue, she re-thought again, is He really not sleeping? Or..does He really exist? Because it felt like He arranged the fate, or destiny for playing around with her life.

She gripped the steering wheel tightly as driving her car in the top speed. She chose not to head back to the hospital, because she didn’t want her dad to see her in the condition like this. She didn’t want her dad to throw the questions that she wasn’t ready to tell him yet, even though she knew that sooner or later, he has to know the reality.

Yuri set herself sitting on the vacant chair in the cafe as she was wearing a cap, meanwhile the petite girl, short grey-haired lady was sitting across her. Taeyeon chose to sit on the corner seat, because she knew that she befriended with a famous celebrity in the South Korea, so she didn’t wanna catch the attention of the visitors.

“What is it, Tae? What are you going to tell me?” Yuri asked her bestfriend curiously, after the latter was finished having a plate of pancake.

Taeyeon took a deep breath, and let out a sigh, and Yuri could sense the confusion on her bestfriend. “How am i supposed to say it? Euuum..” she fidgeted her fingers on the table nervously. “Well, i hate to say this. You know, i...i...”

Yuri scrunched up her face, her eyebrows knitted together, she was really eager to know what Taeyeon was gonna talk about.

“I postpone my plan to study overseas,”

Yuri let out a gasp in shock, she knew her bestfriend well. She knew that her bestfriend was eager to study overseas, continuing her master degree for her dream being a doctor. Her bestfriend told her many times, almost every night, almost every single day, every time she met each other. So hearing the remark of her, surely she was very shock.

“Seriously...?! but WHY??!” Yuri couldn’t hide her shock that she raised her tone a bit. “I thought you were ready with all the process," she paused for a sec, and then she remembered someone. "Was it about Joon?”

Taeyeon nodded calmly upon hearing Yuri’s brother slash her boyfriend was mentioned by her bestfriend.

“Neee..”

Before Yuri recovered from her shock, her bestfriend continued her word. “We have to marry soon. Or maybe, we have to wait until your mom is recovered. But, we really need to marry as soon as possible..”

Yuri raised her one of her eyebrows, asking her bestfriend suspiciously. “Don’t say...you...”

“Yes, i’m seven weeks pregnant with Joon,”

Yuri’s jaw was near to drop on to the ground, with her palms, she covered . She was still bewildered with this situation that caused the silence between them. She was trying to cope with her overwhelmed feeling, so she took another breath and heaved a sigh.

“Did you tell your parents?”

Taeyeon shook her head slowly. “Not yet. My parents are busy with their business. I need to find the right time, but it has to be this week,”

“Ah, that bastard,” Yuri lowered her head, hands were clutching her head in frustration. She couldn’t help but curse furiously.

In the most of entire her life, she was trying so hard to create the high pride to her family, to make people ever humiliated the Kwons back then felt sorry to them. She worked so hard, trying her best to raise the dignity of her family, lift the social status of them.

But now, here she was, listening to her bestfriend’s word, her own brother tainted her family by impregnated her own bestfriend, her childhood bestfriend. He tainted a daughter of Kim, meanwhile Taeyeon’s parents were always being a helping hand for her family back then. Yes, Taeyeon’s and Yuri’s parents were also bestfriend as well as their daughters. They supported them financially, helping her dad throughout a crisis when he was nearly bankrupt. Tae’s dad also used his network to Lee Sooman to make her a trainee in SM back then so she could be a famous celebrity as she was right now. So, the fame and the fortune she got today also indirectly related to Mr. Kim who was none other but Taeyeon’s dad. And with this issue happened...

What are they gonna do to her family after they find out about Kim Taeyeon’s state?

What are they gonna think after they know her daughter will postpone her study because of this?

What is her family gonna think after they find out that her brother has tainted the daughter of their bestfriend?

And also, what about her reputation if media know this issue? Because as a brother of a famous celebrity, the media also knew about the relationship of Hyukjoon and Taeyeon.

Yuri then put those thought a side as she was staring at her bestfriend. Taeyeon has this important issue, but she didn’t see the hint of panic or sadness on her face. She has a composed expression just like usual, as if this wasn’t a big deal.

“How can you be so damn calm?”

Taeyeon took a breath and let out a sigh. Flashing her smile, she said calmly. “What am i supposed to be then?” she chuckled then continued her word. “Actually, i felt a bit mixed up, confused, a bit afraid. But mostly i’m happy. I love being a doctor and i love study too, but Joon and the baby is another level. They are my life. I can give up on everything, but not them,”

“What about your program study then? Your parents will be disappointed, i guess,”

“I will do it again later after giving birth maybe. When our child turns 2 or 3. I’ll bring both of Joon and our child,” Taeyeon uttered nonchalantly.

“Insane,” Yuri muttered, as she shook her head in disbelief.

Yuri pulled over at the empty street as the thoughts still were overwhelming her. She was confused what to do, what would happen to her family with this issue. She placed her face on to the steering, closing her eyes, and suddenly, a certain image appeared in her mind. She remembered how her discomfort feeling disappeared right away she met her. Her mind told her to come to her place, she needed her all of a sudden. So she gripped the gear stick, stepping the gas pedal, swerving the steer wheel to Yoona’s place.

Meanwhile, in apartment, Yoona was settling herself on the couch in the living room, her eyes were gluing on to the tv.

She got day off today, so she decided to spend all day along cleaning up her apartment, and as she was busy cleaning up, she once again found a dvd cassette, Yuri’s drama, and coincidentally, she was bored of tv programs, and now she ended up re-watching the entire episodes marathonly, lying down on her stomach after she was done with cleaning up.

One episode was coming to end as she heard the bell was ringing. She was groaning slightly upset because of the bother, and she stood up lazily, making her way to the door. She even didn’t bother to ask nor peek who the guest was for opening the door directly, and her eyes grew wider seeing the tanned celebrity was standing up in front of her.

“Y-Yuri,” she was dumbfounded even more as the certain lady was wrapping her arms around her neck all of a sudden, and she felt her shoulder was becoming wet. Kwon Yuri was crying. Yoona was confused by the sudden action of the latter, slowly, she raised her hand, her back gently for calming the crying celebrity.

They remained standing near the door for a while, Yoona didn’t dare to offer her guest entering yet, since she was waiting for her calmed down first.

The celebrity then pulled away, wiping her tears abashed-fully for her sudden action. “So-sorry. Sorry for shocking you, Yoong,”

Yoona flashed the latter her smile, shaking her head. “Ah, it’s okay. Come in, Yul,”

The tanned celebrity accepted the latter’s offer, making her way to the living room. Her eyes went wide, as she saw her old drama was being paused on the tv screen. She knew it was her drama, since she saw her young face on the screen. As if the younger could read her mind, she headed to the tv screen, her body covered up the tv.

“Ah, eeung..i was bored all day along, so..i decided to watch this,” Yoona reasoned, as she smiled sheepishly. “Sit down, Yul,” she offered the latter, while her hand pressed a button, and the tv screen went dark afterward.

Yuri followed the residence’s offer, she slumped her on the couch. Inside her heart, she was still impressed by the younger one. she could assume that Yoona was her fan, since she watched her old drama. It was so hard to find it nowadays, only her fan who could own that drama, furthermore, after Yuri glanced at the dvd cassette cover lying on the desk, it was a limited edition that could be got whoever attended on the fansigning held only back then.

“I know what you are watching, Yoong. Care you tell me, how did you get it?” smirking mischievously, Yuri asked, earning a confused expression from the latter.

“I..I was borrowed by my friend in office,”

Yuri knew that the lady in front of her was lying, since she saw Yoona’s name above her signature on the cover, but she pretended to buy the latter’s word anyway.

“Ah..arrasseo,” Yuri nodded repeatedly, though her heart was giggling secretly seeing the younger lady in panic mode.

“Euum...let me to get you a drink, Yul,” Yoona was about to stand up for heading to the kitchen, but she was stopped by the guest grabbing her hand all of a sudden.

“You don’t have to, Yoong. just stay here,”

Hearing a plea tone on the celebrity’s voice, Yoona stopped her intention. She was really wondering with the odd act of her guest, but she took the seat next to her anyway. Her instinct told her that the latter was having a problem, and needing someone to light her up.

“What do you think about the life of a celebrity like me, Yoona?” Y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter