Magical

It's All Because of a TV Show
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

From the backstage gate, a pair of doe eyes looked at the plasma display showed the show was still going on, as BTS was performing their song. She also averted her gaze occasionally to the rundown on her grip, reading what written inside to re-check the host’s turn after the opening. The show has five segments, and the segment 3 was going on. After Yoona read, she found out that there was no host in this segment, so she could take a breath for a sec.

She came closer to the host sitting on the couch. “There’s no host in this segment. It will be okay if you two wanna go back to the tent, Minho-ssi, Yuri-ssi. But make sure you go back here by the end of this segment,”

“No, it’s okay. I’m gonna stay here. Still drizzle anyway,” Minho replied with a smile, as he slipped a cigarette between his lips, but just as he was about to lit it, Yuri interrupted.

“Euum, excuse me, Minho-ssi. I can’t stand for the smoke of cigarette. If you wanna smoking, can you get away from me, please?

Yoona smiled secretly seeing the sight of embarrassed Minho right after Yuri stopped him from smoking. Well, honestly, she also hated smoking people, therefore, she preferred to be on indoor duty than outdoor, since the performers wouldn’t be smoking inside the studio. If she was on duty in outdoor, she couldn’t forbid the performers for smoking, so hearing Yuri said those remarks made her happy.

Minho then pulled the cigarettes from his lips, nodding apologetically. “Sorry, Yuri-ssi,” that was all he could do, he was too lazy to go out of the backstage since it was still drizzle. He put the pack of his cigarette inside his pocket again, his arms crossed over his chest, holding the cold because of the weather.

“Yoona-ssi,”

“Ne,” the floor manager turned her gaze to the lady host again.

“I have the urge to pee. May i go to the restroom for a while?” Yuri asked, she stood up from her seat, waiting for the floor manager’s permission.

Yoona read the rundown on her hand for a sec and nodded afterwards. “Yes, Yuri-ssi. There’re still two performers before the commercial break, so it’s safe to you to go to the restroom now,”

The lady host then took her steps to the restroom behind the tents with her manager’s help. Yoona’s eyes still locked onto the plasma display, and occasionally still re-read the rundown. In the next segment, the hosts would be playing the game with a member of BTOB and Winner.

“This is Yoona. Kyungsoo, tell the property man to get the properties of next segment ready,” through the beltpack, she ordered her hoobae who was incharged to check the properties.

“This is Kyungsoo. The properties for next segment is ready already, Noona,”

“Okay, thank you,”

The floor manager sighed in relieved with her hoobae’s answer, so she could sit down as watching the plasma display, BTS has finished performing, and the show was continued by Oh My Girl’s performance that was the closing for segment 3. As she kept on monitoring by watching the plasma display, she heard the duration song of Oh My Girl countdown from the production assistant. The song was about to end, Yoona decided to stand up as she still didn’t find Yuri coming back to the backstage, meanwhile, the host would be entering the stage for the game in the opening of segment 4.

“Where is she?” she thought, kinda feel curious and anxious, since she would get wrath from the team of this show if Yuri didn’t or be late enter the stage.

“Okay, we got 4 minutes for commercial break,”

“..!” Yoona cursed silently right after she heard that announcement from the production assistant through handie talkie.

She immediately dashed out of the backstage, wanting to find the certain host. She was wondering and more anxious after she didn’t see her in the restroom. “Where is she?” she then swung her steps to Yuri’s tent, yet she still got no clue where she was. “Aiiish, jinjja..! where is she actually?!” in frustration, she ruffled her head, her gaze was wandering around, hoping that she would find her.

“2 minutes 30 seconds to segment 4,” the countdown of PA said only causing her more frustrated and furious. Yoona’s heart then started to beat hard in panic, furthermore after she heard Sooyoung ordered her team to prepare for the next segment through the beltpack.

“Okay, in the opening of segment 4, the hosts will be playing the game with Winner’s Mino and BTOB’s Sungjae. Kyungsoo, get the properties ready, Sehun, get Mino and Sungjae ready, and Yoona, get the hosts ready,”

Nevertheless she still didn’t find the certain host, she quickly replied. “Okay, copied,” with that she continued wandering the tents, kept hoping that she found Yuri. She asked every crew she met to find her, but the answers weren’t satisfying her. The location was dark since it was night so it made her hard to find the host.

Hopelessly, she tried to go to the back tent of Yuri. How relieved and happy she was right after she saw the certain lady there, and she was standing with back facing the floor manager with her manager behind her. Yoona saw her being busy talking to someone by phone.

Yoona got closer to her, but, just as she was about to call her, she heard the certain host’s voice cracking as talking by phone.

‘Is she crying?’ Yoona remained stood a few feet away from her, unable to interrupt since somehow her instinct told her that it was an important conversation.

“Ne…ne…as soon as it’s finished, I will go to there, Appa. Ne..”

Yoona saw the certain host hung up the phone before she handed it to her manager.

“How is it?”

“My dad told me to go to there now, Manager-nim. Oettokeee?! I just can’t leave my possibility here. I have to host this show till the closing program. I have to be professional,” Yuri sniffed, and even though in the darkness, Yoona could see her tears flowing from the corner of her eyes.

“But if you couldn’t participate till the closing, I think it’s okay, Yuri-ssi. I will take care of it. I’m gonna talk to the producer if you want to. Your family is also important to you,”

“No, I have to be profe-“

“I know it! I know you have to be professional. But you’ve this problem, and I think they will understand it if you can’t do the closing. Just calm down, I will take care of all this. Don’t worry,”

Yuri contemplated on her manager’s remark for a while. Her job was important, but, she couldn’t abandon her family either. “Alright then. Thanks, manager-ni-“ Yuri cut off her words, right after she saw Yoona from the corner of her eyes, standing a few feet away behind her manager.

“Y-Yoona-ssi,”

Yoona caught off the guard as Yuri and her manager looked at her. “Ah, eeum…”

“One minute to segment 4,”

“Holy !” the announcement of PA made the floor manager recalled her first intention. “Yuri-ssi, it’s one minutes to segment 4. Hurry up, you have to enter the stage for the opening segment,”

“Wh-what?! One minute?!” Yuri’s eyes widened in shock, her place was kinda far from the backstage gate, and she has to catch up the opening segment.

“C’mon,” Yoona held Yuri’s hand, helping her to swing her steps, rushing to the backstage gate.

“40 seconds..”

The host increased her pace to be able to reach the gate in time with the floor manager holding her hand.

“30 seconds..”

Yoona helped the latter taking step by step on the gate stairs.

“15 seconds..”

Right after he saw his partner arrived at the gate, Minho stood up from his seat. Yuri took another second left to fix her hair and make-up before she entered the stage.

“And five, four, three, two, one..”

Right after Sooyoung finished countdown through a microphone, Yuri and Minho entered the stage, the applause was roaring, welcoming them. Yoona sighed in relieved as she finally managed to get the host in to the stage just in time. Her doe eyes then locked on to the plasma display again, examining the show of segment 4. The hosts were having chit chat with Sungjae and Mino before the game was started.

From the conversation she heard earlier, Yoona knew clearly that Yuri was having a problem, a big problem that she made her crying and cracking voice. However, now, on the stage, Yoona didn’t see any sadness on the certain host’s face, she was talking cheerfully that made the audience laughing instead.

‘She’s really pro that she can put her private matter a side as she’s in front of the audience,’ Yoona shook her head in disbelief, yet, in amusement. She didn’t mean to stick her nose into Yuri’s business, but unable to deny, she was wondering what her problem was till made her crying.

The game was begun, Sungjae and Mino competed to each other to be the winner, Yuri and Minho were encouraging them, as telling the audience to cheer them up, and make some noise.

“And…the winner is…Sungjae…!” Yuri exclaimed loudly and cheerfully, as the winner’s hand was lifted by Minho. Yuri gave the winner the gift and called the next performer of the show afterward, the rest of Winner member got into the stage, did the performance, meanwhile the hosts walked back into the backstage.

Yoona saw the face of the certain host was changed again, from the bubbly to the gloomy one. Seemed her problem was a serious matter that bothered her. A moment later, her manager came, and they had some talks.

“I had taken care of everything, Yuri-ssi. The producer was okay for you not to participate till the closing,”

“Yoona-ssi,”

Yoona approached the host as she was called by the latter. “Ne, Yuri-ssi,”

“Is there Host’s turn

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter