Get Better

It's All Because of a TV Show
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Yoona and Sooyoung were hanging out to the Lotte Mall after they were done with their job. It was so lucky to them that they could go home earlier than before, so they decided to spend their time together. They were strolling the mall, visiting shops, shopping their monthly needs, and having dinner. After they were finished having dinner, as they were walking, they were having some chit chat, mostly complaining and grumbling about their work, since besides MDC Song Festival, there would be another great program held this month, it was MDC Music Show. It would be attended many singers, both girl, boy group, and bands, and again, Sooyoung and Yoona chosen to take care of this program.

“Euum, by the way, how was This Is Talkshow, Soo? Were you managed to take care of that program while I had another duty in Daegu?” Yoona asked as they were still walking around the mall.

Sooyoung shrugged her shoulder. “Well, it was good. And you know what?” the taller lady said all of a sudden, making Yoona stopped her tracks in wondering.

“What?” Yoona knitted her eyebrows, her bestfriend gave her a mysterious smile.

“During I replaced your job for three days, Yuri always asked me about you,”

“Mwooo?! What do you mean?” the doe-eyed lady was more curious upon her bestfriend’s remark.

“She always asked me where you were, when you would be incharged in that program again, when you finished your duty in Daegu. She seemed missing you,” Sooyoung said teasefully, causing the latter was surprised.

“Mwooo?! You lie. It was impossible,”

“I don’t,”

“Yes you do. What was her business anyway to miss me? I don’t believe you,” Yoona retorted, and she continued walking, making her bestfriend tried to catch her up.

“Whatever! It’s up to you whether you believe me or not. And don’t forget, besides This Is Talkshow, she will be the guest at MDC Music Show and Song Festival,”

“Mwoo??!” Yoona turned her head, looking at Sooyoung in shocked. “Is there no any other singer?! Why does she have to be guest at every program of MDC anyway?” she muttered under her breath.

“Well, the power of Kwon Yuri I guess,”

“I really don’t believe in that such power,”

“Whatever,” Sooyoung rolled her eyes as her bestfriend uttered in upset. But suddenly, she halted her steps right after she saw the familiar figure surrounded by people. “Speaking of Kwon Yuri..”

“What?” Yoona asked confusedly, seeing her bestfriend stopped her steps.

“Isn’t that her?”

“Who?”

Yoona followed Sooyoung’s gaze, they saw not far from they stood, a tanned lady with shades was surrounded many people. People around her were asking her to take a picture together, sign their stuffs, holding her body, and any other else that made her uncomfortable. Yoona and Sooyoung could see that the tanned lady really wanted to go out of the crowd, yet she couldn’t, every step she took, there must be people stopped her, whether they asked to take some photos or give them her signature. Yoona and Sooyoung looked around, there were no any bodyguard around her.

“What is the actress doing here? No bodyguard, no disguise furthermore. No wonder people surrounding her. She really likes the attention that much, huh?!” Sooyoung muttered seeing the sight in front her.

Yoona also couldn’t stop looking at Yuri, furthermore, she could feel that the actress uncomfortable already with the crowd, though she was smiling whenever people greeted her and took some photos with her. Yoona really couldn’t hold it any longer, and instinctively, she approached the crowd.

“Yaah! Yaah! Yoona, what are you doing?!” Sooyoung complained, trying to hold the doe-eyed but she was failed, since the latter was at the crowd already.

“Heeey, Yuri-yah. You’re here apparently. I was looking for you all the time around this mall. Have you finished shopping? Let’s go home if you have,” Yoona said as she held Yuri’s hand, pulling her to be able to get out of the crowd. “Excuse me,” with a smile apologetically, Yoona finally managed to get Yuri out of the crowd, approaching her bestfriend, and they walked together, with Yoona didn’t release the tanned lady’s hand.

“Hmm, I guess you can let go of my hand now,”

“No. I will let go of your hand after I’m sure that people won’t mob around you anymore,” Yoona spoke casually, as they kept walking.

“What are you doing anyway, Yuri-ssi? Why didn’t you wear any disguise nor bring your bodyguard here?” Sooyoung asked the actress in wondering.

“I was too bored at home, so I decided to go to here for shopping. And I didn’t bring my bodyguard, since honestly I hate people following me everywhere, mostly when I’m shopping. I need some private time. And about I didn’t wear any disguise, I just wanna be the way I am, be ordinary people who are able to go everywhere casually. But who knows, people could recognize me, and well yeah, that was happened,” Yuri explained, and Yoona could feel the hint of sadness in her voice, though the latter tried to sound as firm as possible.

Sooyoung rolled her eyes. “Yeah of course people could recognize you, Yuri-ssi. You’re the infamous actress and singer after all,” before the taller lady intimidated the tanned more, Yoona interrupted.

“Euum, by the way, are you really finished shopping already, Yuri?”

Sooyoung frowned in confusion upon the way Yoona called the actress, she called her without honorific.

Yuri nodded. “Ah huh. I think I should go home now,”

“What a coincidence! We also wanna go home now. If so, let’s go to the basement now,”

Then the three of them were walking together heading to the basement parking lot. Yoona and Sooyoung accompanied the actress to her BMW before they headed to Yoona’s car.

“So, what was that, Yoona?” Sooyoung asked all of a sudden right after she slumped her body in Yoona’s car.

“What?” Yoona replied confusedly as she started the engine.

“Well, I just feel something happened between you and Yuri,”

The remark of Sooyoung caused the doe-eyed chuckled. “What do you mean? You’re too delusional, Soo,”

Sooyoung rolled her eyes in her bestfriend’s response. Meanwhile, though Yoona tried to shrug Sooyoung’s word of, she was also wondering what’s wrong with her. How could her body automatically approach Yuri when she was at the crowd? What did make her to do so?

***

It was evening already, and yet Yuri was still taking some scenes for her drama. There were a few scenes that have to be re-taken since the PD said those weren’t perfect yet. Yuri was tired, of course. But, right after she remembered, not only herself who was tired, the crew and the other actress and actor felt the same way as herself, she didn’t complain. She has to be professional.  She didn’t wanna disappoint them, so she just did what the PD said, till he told her…”And CUT! Okay, thanks everyone,”

Yuri then sighed in relieved, one of her schedules today has finished eventually. After she bowed to the crew and the PD, with her manager, she excused herself, heading to her van.

“Okay, Yuri-ssi, your next schedule is rehearsal for MDC Music Show,”

“Ne, Manager-nim,” Yuri replied, as she leaned her back against the backrest. MDC Music Show would be held tomorrow, and she has to rehearse today so she could perform perfectly tomorrow. As the van was advancing to MDC, Yuri stared at outside window, as her mind was going to a certain figure in MDC again. She frowned confusedly. Why the hell did she suddenly remember Yoona? Why did she always think about her lately? She then shook her head lightly as hoping the image of doe-eyed would be disappear from her mind.

-

-

-

Right after Yuri arrived at MDC, she got off of her van, heading to the make-up room. As she was walking, she saw Yoona busy talking to a guy, her fellow team, in front of the studio. Yuri saw her doe eyes glanced at hers as she passed by her, but she remained to head to the make-up room, waiting for her rehearsal turn. She immediately slumped her on to the couch in the room, and just as she was about to play her phone, someone opened the door.

“Yuri-ssi, it’s your turn to rehearse now,”

Yuri then got up from her seat, walking to the studio, with her manager behind her following her. Yuri glanced at the ID card of the guy called her, Kyungsoo.

“How many singers can rehearse today out of the performers for this show, Kyungsoo-ssi?” Yuri asked as they walked heading to the studio.

“Hmm, about six performers, Yuri-ssi, included you,”

Yuri merely nodded as she continued entering the studio. In the middle of stepping the stage, she passed by the certain lady, her doe eyes met hers for once again, meanwhile on the stage, Sooyoung has been waiting for her.

“Hello, Yuri-ssi,” Sooyoung greeted as nice as possible, and Yuri nodded, as she bowed her head lightly. Both of them stood side by side, as the Floor Manager told her about the treatment for her show. “So, in the middle of your performance, when your song enter the chorus, there will be a guy in frame and be the visual. He will approach you, hug and dance with you till the end of the song,”

“oooh, I see,” Yuri nodded in understanding. “And where is he? Who will be the visual?”

“Euum,” Sooyoung scratched her head randomly upon the question. “The visual is the dancer, but, he doesn’t come tonight, he will be here tomorrow,”

“But I have to rehearse with him so I can perform perfectly tomorrow,” as Yuri complained, Sooyoung turned her head, looking at Yoona who was busy t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter