Playing with fire

I am beautiful with you

3f61503c4e39c46714b00df138d4259c.jpg

9133334c8cd3b1bc822dc444cdc4494e.jpg

 

 

 

 

Kyuhyun had run out of the classroom after twenty minutes, leaving surprised Jongwoon who was dressing. The boy did not know what had happened to the other though he was deeply hurt to see him run away from the classroom, away from him.

Kyuhyun, for its part, was due to run out because if he had not done it, he would have assaulted Jongwoon. He admitted it, he liked Jongwoon, or at least,he was attracted to him, but he certainly could not take him by force in a classroom!

He was walking so much in a hurry, that he did not realize the person who ran after him as long as the person does not put a hand on his shoulder.

- Rin!- Kyuhyun said, wincing.

- Oh no my dear, I'm the one that has to be surprised.- she said. Seeing that Kyuhyun did not answer but looked even dazed, he added: - I'm following you ever since you ran out of the art classroom, but you didn't bother to answer.-

- Oh. Sorry Rin. Maybe you were also busy with Ryeowook.- the friend said, looking down, blushing slightly.

"He blushed! Kyaaaaa, how cute!!", she exclaimed mentally while staring at him with a mischievous smile. She lifted his chin and looked into his eyes.

- Why were you runnig? Something happened in there?- she asked, avoiding to ask him if something had happened with Jongwoon. But above all, avoid saying that she actually was with Ryeowook.

- Well.. I .. It's hard to tell. In short, I have just realized it.- confessed the boy, blushing even more.

- That you like Jongwoon?- asked out of the blue Taerin. She liked to see him embarrassed.

- How..? - he looked at her with wide eyes. - You noticed it? -

- If I noticed it?! Kyu, we all had figured it out, everyone but you and the him.-

- Ah.- was the only comment of her friend.

Taerin took his hand, looked at the sides and accompanied Kyuhyun in the closet of that wing of the building. They had to speak in private, with no one interrupting them. And the classrooms were out of the question, since everyone went there for different reasons.

Kyuhyun, who did not want to oblige Taerin to ask the entire account of his meetings with Jongwoon, blurted out everything, keeping his eyes on the ground, knowing that if he looked Taerin, he would become red as a tomato.

At the end of the story, Taerin started jumping in the narrow space in the closet, bumping into Kyuhyun, which hit the door, opening it and making them fall to the ground.

Ryeowook certainly did not expect to see them on top of each other, on the floor, after coming out of the closet. When he saw Kyuhyun blushing and Taerin who continued to giggle, all he could do was clear his throat and cross his arms over his chest. That, at least, helped him realize that he liked Taerin and see her in that position with Kyuhyun hurt him.

Taerin and Kyuhyun, heard someone beside them who pointed out his presence, looked up. While Kyuhyun regained his composure, Taerin face blanched and immediately pulled out by her friend and began to fiddle with her hands.

- There.. Are you alright?- asked Ryeowook, assuming an annoyed look.

- Um.. Yes.- Taerin said, looking at her feet.

- Good. You two should arrange the janitor's tools because if he comes back and sees this mess.. Well, he will for sure get angry.- said the boy coldly, turning to go look for Jongwoon.

- Ryeowook-ah, wait. I...- began to say Taerin looking up from the ground, afraid to meet his gaze, but eager to see him.

- See you around.- Ryeowook said before walking away from the two, feeling worse with each step he took.

It had seemed that there was something between him and Taerin. In short, on Saturday Ryeowook had accompanied Taerin to her house and on the way they talked. He realized that the girl attracted him, had a character he liked and... he simply liked her. Seeing her like this, with Kyuhyun... he had grieved so much. And the only thing he wanted to do was get away from them. He had to think and... talk to Jongwoon, which surely would have helped him.

 

- Woonie!- Ryeowook yelled rushing in against the dark-haired boy who was leaving the Art classroom.

- Wookie?- asked surprised Jongwoon accepting the boy in his arms.

- I have to.. Um .. Talk to you.- Ryeowook confessed with his head resting on the other's chest.

The two friends decided to go to the dorms, in the room that Ryeowook shared with Kangin. Before he started talking, Ryeowook checked the apartment to make sure that his friend was not there.

- Wookie, are you alright?- asked Jongwoon dazed from Ryeowook behavior.

- Well.. Um .. IlikethefriendofKyuhyunTaerin!- said the smallest quickly, without realizing that his friend had not understood anything.

- My dear Wookie, I'm not accustomed to hearing phrases set out at the speed that you just used. So, I suggest you talk slowly.- advised the other, crossing his arms over his chest, waiting for his friend decided to say things slowly.

- Sure.- said Ryeowook. He took a breath. - I like Taerin, Kyuhyun's friend.- he added, looking sideways at his friend.

Jongwoon remained impassive for a moment. Then, when he saw that Ryeowook was about to burst into tears because he did not answer, he laughed. The smaller, heard the roar of laughter, looked at him quizzically.

- It's better to have understood it now that when she will go out with another guy.- unfolded Jongwoon, laying a hand on his shoulder.

-But I think she may have one already, a boyfriend.- added Ryeowook frightened by the possible reaction of his friend for what he was going to tell him.

Jongwoon hoped he was not going to say that name. Kyuhyun had told him that they were friends, best friends, so it could not be him.

- I think it's Kyuhyun. Earlier, I saw them on the ground, one on top of the other, just outside the closet of the janitor, he was as red as a tomato whereas she giggled.- Ryeowook whispered, feeling his eyes itching.

Ryeowook was not aware of the feelings of his friend. He knew there was some interest, but did not know that Jongwoon actually liked Kyuhyun. For this he was astonished when he saw him gasping for breath, unable to produce any sound.

He was not ready for that. Jongwoon knew there was the possibility that Kyuhyun liked someone, he hoped that it could be him. Of course, the first time he had seen Kyuhyun interact with Taerin, he had understood that there was something special between them, but he did not expect that that something was love.

 

- Kyuhyun! What are we doing?! He saw us!- yelled Taerin putting her hands through her hair.

She would never have wanted Ryeowook to see her with her friend in an awkward position; she knew he could think badly. And in fact, it was what the boy had done.

Kyuhyun, however, was calm. Of course, he knew that Ryeowook was going to say everything to Jongwoon; but he was sure that everything would not dent the resolve of the raven-haired and he would continue to pose for him. Kyuhyun could not lose his best masterpiece but he could not even lose Jongwoon. For this reason, during the next session, he would do everything to ensure that the other realized that he liked him.

 

- Have you seen it, Haejun? Is your moment.- said a girl to Haejun.

The two girls were repaired around the corner of the hallway of the closet from which Kyuhyun had fallen out with Taerin. They had watched the exchange of words with Ryeowook, that they knew to be a friend of Jongwoon, and also to that between the two friends.

Haejun decided: now or never. She would go to Jongwoon and would end the thing. She knew it would not be difficult to convince Jongwoon to keep off from Kyuhyun; moreover, now certainly he would have thought that there was something going on between Kyuhyun and Taerin. She obviously knew that there was nothing between the two. But certainly she would never have told the dark-haired guy.

 

Jongwoon had decided not to do or say anything to Kyuhyun. Moreover, the other guy was not his boyfriend so he could do what he wanted. Or at least that was what he said to himself to justify the fact that they didn't spoek to each other to agree on the next session.

Ryeowook, however, for two days had tried to avoid Taerin, although that does not mean he did not look at her from a distance. He wanted to talk to the girl, he was convinced he wanted to declare. Maybe he had seen badly or maybe she was with Kyuhyun just because he had asked her, not because she liked the guy.

During lunch, Taerin tried to sit next to the table of Ryeowook and his friends, just to see him, although it meant having to cope with the complaints of Kyuhyun who hated heavily populated places - she was pretty sure, however, that he was afraid to face or to see hatred in the eyes of Jongwoon -. Obviously, when arrived at the table of the guys, both friends stepped away.

Kyuhyun was simply tired. He could not stand the silence, as if the four of them were waiting for something that did not come. He was determined to take control of the situation and be a man! He pulled out his cell phone from his pocket and dialed a message before sending it to Jongwoon. Here, the first step was made; now it was Jongwoon's turn to do the second.

 

Jongwoon felt his cell phone vibrate in his jeans pocket, pulled it out and saw the arrival notification of a message. He proceeded to read it right away.

"Today at 15 at my house because the art classroom is occupied. I'll send you my address." he read to Ryeowook.

- Are you going?- he asked his friend, halfway between the ecstatic and frightened. He did not know what Kyuhyun had in mind!

- Uhm.. I think so. I have nothing to do and he has to finish the project. I do want him to get a good mark.- replied the dark as he sent a message in response to Kyuhyun.

- If... If he speaks about Taerin, swipe some information, alright?- stammered the smallest while blushing.

- Sure. But you know it would be better if you spoke to her.- answered Jongwoon grinning.

- I know but…-

Ryeowook did not finish what he was saying. Haejun interrupted him by laying a hand on Jongwoon's shoulder and smiling at him in a fake way.

- Jongwoon-ssi, I'd like to talk to you about a song that I would sing in the Final Show of the University.- lied the girl looking at him straight in the eyes.

- Tell me.-

- Oh, not here. You have to listen to it, and I do not want to sing now that the others are eating.- she replied innocently.

- Okay. Let's go out in the garden.- he said rising from his chair and walking away from the table with her following behind.

Jongwoon expected everything but being pushed against the wall. She ordered two girls to hold him down. Two girls of the wrestling club. The boy's eyes widened and then glared at her, ordering her to set him free. In response, she laughed.

- I'm sorry, but I will not let you get away without taking revenge.-

- If you like Kyuhyun-ssi so much, tell him. He can not do much, as he he's going out with Taerin, but at least you set your heart on peace.- advised Jongwoon, oblivious to the fact that those words would only anger more the girl.

Haejun, after hearing his words, gave him a strong slap in the face, so as to leave the imprint of his hand on the boy's cheek. She gave him a look of hatred before scratching him on the other cheek, leaving the cuts.

When she finished with her revenge, she ordered to set him free. Jongwoon fell to the ground, he knew he could not do anything because he could not hit girls.

- I hope you've learned your lesson, .- Haejun said before walking away and leaving him alone.

He was angry with himself because he had left that girl scratch him. He felt flawed and did not want to show up to Kyuhyun looking like that. But the desire to see him was stronger so, instead of going to the lesson of the History of Music, he decided to go to his room to avoid being seen by anyone.

 

Kyuhyun would not stop pacing back and forth in his room. A few more minutes and Jongwoon would come. He had already thought about what to say and how to say, without intending to scare him or anything like that.

When the doorbell rang, Kyuhyun opened in a nanosecond the door with a slight smile on his face. Smile that quickly disappeared as soon as he saw the scratches on Jongwoon's face and the sign of a hand on his cheek. Without a second thought, Kyuhyun hugged him and his hair, dissolving the lump in the throat that Jongwoon had and letting him cry on his shoulder.

 

 

- Ryeowook-ssi!- exclaimed Taerin as soon as she saw the boy leaving the classroom of music.

She ran towards him, hoping that the boy would stop as soon as he heard her calling at him but he did not. Taerin followed him, waiting until they had not been out of the building.

When they were in the university garden, Taerin forced the boy to stop halting in front of him and putting a hand on his arm.

- You can not avoid me.- she said, smiling weakly.

- You won. Tell me what you want.- he replied wearily, trying not to show how happy he was that she had stopped him.

- What you saw the other day.. I mean, Kyuhyun and I... - she said continuing to stop because she could not find the right words.

- Don't worry, I know.- Ryeowook said, without giving her time to finish her sentence. - But now I have to go. Kangin is waiting for me.-

- No!- she shouted, preventing him from leaving. - You did not understand anything. Kyuhyun and I are not going out. That time I was... I was in fangirl mode because he was blushing and unintentionally I lost my balance and fell on him.- Taerin said in one breath.

Ryeowook's eyes widened. "So I misunderstood everything?", he thought as he watched Taerin. If so, he would have a chance with Taerin. Although she still would have known that he liked her. In short, a guy is not so angry at that sight if it was not interested in the other. And Taerin knew he would never have felt something for Kyuhyun, also because his best friend liked him.

Taerin, however, hoped to have explained everything well. She did not want Ryeowook to hate her, or she would have hoped to be buried, because it was all her fault and her mad desire to talk to his friend in a safe place.

- Okay.- finally the boy said, without looking at her and blushing.

- Oh. Um, okay. I'm going.- commented Taerin on the verge of tears as she turned to go away.

She did not even managed to take a step that Ryeowook stopped her, spinning her around to face him. - Where are you going?-

- At home. That is, you're still angry.-

- I'm not angry. I was thinking about what do.- he admitted, looking a moment his feet.

- What do you mean?-

- If.. If to ask you out or not. I would not want to rush things.- Ryeowook confessed blushing as he said those words.

Now it was the turn of Taerin to stare. - Are you serious???- she asked, trying to hold back her excitement.

- Yes, I am serious.-

- Well, If you ever decide to ask me out, I would not hesitate to answer yes.- she said, grinning like an idiot.

Ryeowook opened his mouth to say something, but closed it, deciding instead to take the hand of Taerin. They both blushed and avoided eye contact and decided to look at their clasped hands.

 

 

- Are you feeling better now?- Kyuhyun asked, still hugging Jongwoon.

- Uh.. Yes.- murmured in response the raven-haired with his head still hidden in Kyuhyun's chest.

- Can I ask you what happened to you?-

- You can ask. It's my decision whether to respond or not.- Jongwoon managed to say before bursting into laughter.

Kyuhyun was glad Jongwoon had laughed because when he had seen Jongwoon outside his door, so broken, he had felt as a kind of punch to the stomach. He would find out what had happened to the other and then he would make it pay to those who had reduced Jongwoon in that state.

The boy felt embarrassed. He was not one of those guys who cries easily and complains with others, but he could not help bursting into tears when he saw Kyuhyun's face as soon as he opened the door. He had felt so embarrassed because he had let a stupid girl treat him like that. "Girl?? Little girl", he thought annoyed.

One good thing was that the two were hugging. Jongwoon could not think of anything else that was not the heat that emanated Kyuhyun's body, or the aroma of patchouli that hovered around them. Kyuhyun, however, was pleased that Jongwoon, although he had calmed down, he had not left him; he was glad to have him in his arms.

- So.. I would say you're feeling fine.- Kyuhyun said, trying to disguise the amusement in his voice.

Jongwoon jerked his head and slapped his arm. He pouted and looked at him with puppy-dog eyes that he knew they would make capitulate the brown boy; they had also made Kangin capitulate!

Kyuhyun's heart did a somersault at the sight. "Jongwoon, you're playing with fire", he thought before laying a hand over the place where he was beaten.

- You know that now you have to pay for it, do you? Nobody beats Kyuhyun without receiving the right punishmente.-

- That means that also who gave you a fist has been punished by you?- asked Jongwoon, unleashing an innocent smile. He did not know why, but he did not believe that Kyuhyun was one who could fight.

- Touché.- simply replied the other guy.

- But... I would like to receive a punishment from you.- Jongwoon muttered, hoping that Kyuhyun would not hear.

The brown-haired, though, heard it all and the only words were shattering his self-control. Kyuhyun bit his lip, trying to think what to do or say to avoid binding Jongwoon in his room and not let him out.

- Today's session is postponed, okay?-

- No! We can continue.- said Jongwoon, pulling up from the legs of the younger and starting to undress.

- Alright.- Kyuhyun said, crossing his arms and waiting for the other to sit down to adjust his body.

Jongwoon did not know why this time it was more difficult to undress. He attributed his embarrassment to the fact that Kyuhyun had embraced and comforted him, showing a tender side that he would have desired result in another more profound sentiment.

After have finished undressing and sat down, he saw Kyuhyun approach him and begin to fix him on the chair. When Kyuhyun patted his scratched cheek, he melted and blushed, hoping that the other would not notice.

Kyuhyun did not know why he had caressed his cheek. He only knew that when he had seen it, he had felt sick at heart and his hand had automatically move. Now Kyuhyun had to be able to end the session without harassing Jongwoon, especially now that he had seen him blushing for that gesture.

 

- So?- asked the boy looking at the girl sitting at the table with him.

Kyuhyun and Taerin had agreed, as usual, to eat together even though she had insisted to eat in the cafeteria. The boy knew that his friend had to tell him something, as she was all smiles and kindness.

- Ryeowook and me... we're dating.- confessed her, hiding her flushed face behind her hands.

- Seriously? So he realized that between you and me there is nothing?-

- Yup. And he will say it to Jongwoon, therefore, hhurry up and get your hands on the guy before someone snatches him from you.- Taerin said seriously, looking at Kyuhyun into his eyes.

- It is what I intended to do. Oh, and speaking of Jongwoon...- he began to say, telling his friend about what happened the day before - leaving out details that he considered intimate -.

- That was certainly Haejun's doing.- ascertained Taerin crossing her arms over her chest.

- Surely.- said Kyuhyun. - But we can not help it. I feel so useless.- added, clenching his fists.

- You can't do anything. But I can.- she pointed out with a gloomy look.

- You will not...?-

- Do not worry and pretend you don't know anything.- she said, getting up from her chair and ran to Ryeowook, hugging him in front of everyone.