Mysterious forces

I am beautiful with you

That morning Jongwoon woke up in a good mood. It was Wednesday, his favorite day of the week because he had a few hours of lectures in university, and one of these was Music; he loved music. He was also a member of the choir of the University, who occasionally went around the country to participate in contests, and he was also the lead singer of a band which, coincidentally, performed every Wednesday evening in a pub next to the University .
Jongwoon reached his roommate in the kitchen, where he knew he would find the other preparing a breakfast, if not yummy, at least decent - considering that on Wednesday was his turn to cook breakfast -.
- Hel... - began to say Heechul before realizing that his roommate had entered the kitchen -...lo -
Jongwoon hated swearing or any abusive expression and despite Heechul looked like a longshoreman, Jongwoon had managed to reach a deal with him: when they were together in private places, any words considered unsuitable would be punished with a kick in the shins. Heechul, knowing that even if he was small Jongwoon was very strong, he preferred to avoid this torture to his poor shins.
- Good morning Heechullie.- said Jongwoon unleashing a beaming smile.
- Oh, good morning Yesung. What's the reason behind that grin?- asked the other, arching an eyebrow and smiling mischievously.
- I do not know. Perhaps because today is Wednesday?- replied the raven-haired man, sitting down at the table and holding on his head with his hands.
- You and your Wednesday. I do not know why it's so special; for me, it is an ordinary day.-
- Come on, you just say so because you just have classes without pause. For me it is the opposite.- replied Jongwoon sulking.
- Oh no, don't sulk. Take it off from your face, otherwise... I will not feed you.-
Jongwoon smiled. His roommate could say that but he was a kind-hearted man. In fact, after a while, he puts a plate under his nose and, oddly enough, the smell was inviting. Having satisfied himself that Heechul had not poisoned the eggs or the jam, Jongwoon ate his breakfast delighted. Yeah, for him it was a lucky day.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Alright guys, next week you have to deliver your project. I remind you that the painting should represent something that you like and how you feel about it. Also, I remind all of you that this project will be worth 50% of the final mark of the course so... good luck! - professor Park announced from the little stage positioned at the center of the classroom before leaving.
The students, after hearing his words, began to grumble because they didn't believe themselves capable of doing a spectacular design in a week. The only one who did not say anything was a brown boy, sitting in the corner of the room, staring straight ahead with no particular reason.
Wednesday, to Kyuhyun, it was the most grueling day of the week. Not only he had to clean up in the early morning the stairs of the building where he lived, but also he had to go to university all day. Living alone for many is ugly and sad but Kyuhyun did not think so; he was glad that his parents had left him live alone and also, they couln't annoy him.
To these things he added the task that their teacher had given them for the next week. Not that Kyuhyun was afraid or did not feel able to draw something in a week - in short, he knew he was the best painter in the entire art course -. No, he simply did not know what to portray. He was not aware of something he liked. And he knew that even if he drew any thing, it would not deliver the same feelings and aroused the emotions of a picture that was something that he really wanted to draw.
- Earth to Mars.- said a blond boy to Kyuhyun while waving a hand in front of his eyes.
Kyuhyun did not answer. He did not know why he should respond. That boy there, that Eunhyuk, he didn't knew him and even if he did, he would not speak.
- Do you already know what to paint? I'm thinking to draw a fish.- the blond continued undeterred. He just wanted to hear a mere sign of aknowledgment from the brown guy, even an "ah".
Kyuhyun was about to reply to leave him alone when a boy with short dark hair and an innocent look reached them. - Hyukk~ie.-
- Tell me Hae.-
- Let's go eat something?? I'm so hungry.- replied the dark, putting on a sweet face.
- Aigoo, I have to stop to look at you when you do that, Fishy. Okay, let's go. Bye Kyuhyun.- and the two guys left the brown guy just in the classroom.
Kyuhyun was arranging his tools in his locker as he thought about what to draw. He had put the last brush inside the cabinet when the classroom door was opened. Kyuhyun looked toward the door to see who was entering the empty classroom of Art. He saw enter a dark boy of about ten centimeters shorter than him; the boy was looking at the sides in search of something.
- Oh, sorry if I disturbed you.- the dark said smiling after becoming aware of the presence of someone else in the classroom.
Seeing that the brown did not answer and was just staring at him from in front of a locker, Jongwoon spoke again. - Has the art professor already gone? -
After a few moments of silence, Jongwoon, seeing that he would not receive any reaction from the other boy, turned and retraced his steps. Not before he could hear some words.
- He has no lessons until one o'clock. You find him in his office.-
Jongwoon turned to thank the guy but he couldn't even see his shadow; probably he had left from the backdoor. He shrugged, although he would have liked very much to know who that guy was. He could not understand why he felt a force that impelled him to approach the brown boy when their gazes linked.


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------


- It is not odd that a professor eats with some students?- Eunhyuk asked to the art teacher, Professor Park.
- I already told you that when we are out of that classroom, I'm Leeteuk sunbae for you... and Leeteuk hyung for my baby.- the other replied, pinching Donghae's cheek, sitting in front of him.
- Yah, Leeteuk hyung, hands down from the minor!- Heechul shrieked approaching their table and placing the tray with his lunch on it. He put his hands on his hips and glared at Leeteuk.
- Hey calm down Cindy. I was just showing my affection for my brother.- the professor defended himself.
- And I'm not a minor.- Donghae complained.
The guys at the table looked at him: at that moment he was sulking and had a sad look. No, he surely was not a minor but, in short, anyone who had seen him at that moment would have mistaken for a little boy. His friends and his brother laughed, attracting the attention of those seated nearby.
To Kyuhyun, who was sitting in the next table, that burst of laughter was just a nuisance. Why, at least during lunch, they couldn't be quiet and eat in peace?!?
- Hyunn~ie.- squeaked the blonde girl sitting next to him. Yes, if sitting means staying on another's person lap.
- Mm?- he said, turning his attention from the group of idiots who laughed in front of him to his girlfriend.
By doing so, he saw the dark-haired boy who he saw in the art room sitting beside Heechul, accompanied by a guy who looked like a doll.
- Do you wanna stay with me after lunch? Even just for half an hour... the time to "stick together".- whispered the blonde into Kyuhyun's ear.
He did not answer and she interpreted his silence as an assent, then began to talk to her friends.

- So Leeteuk hyung, how's Miss Jung?- Heechul asked mischievously.
The topic "Professor Park-Miss Jung" was particularly hot in college. Thanks to corridor voices, it was shared knowledge that the two felt a mutual interest but, as she was a particularly apathetic girl and haughty, he could not stop shivering every time he saw her. All this led to a continuous flirt-not flirt serie between the two and a constant chatter around their non-existent relationship.
- Cindy, I told you that I am sunbae, for you.. And anyway, it's none of your business.- Jungsoo replied, blushing.
At that sight the whole table laughed, louder than before. Professor Park was left embarrassed only by Heechul and each time this was happening, he turned as red as a tomato, grafting the laughter of their group of friends.
Kyuhyun, tired of hearing them laugh like crazy, got up and went to them. He leaned with his hands on the table and scanned the face of each one of them with a grim look.
The table fell silent and no one dared say a word. Jongwoon, which until then had been concentrated in his speech with his friend Ryeowook, wondered what had the entire table to fell silent. He turned his head towards the source of the silence of the group and he locked his gaze with that of the other guy who he saw in the art room. As before, he felt something that urged him to approach the guy and just to appease whatever it was that "force", he turned to face Ryeowook, but this last one was looking at Kyuhyun. Jongwoon gave up and turned back to the mysterious boy.
- I would appreciate if all of you could lower the volume; you gave me a headache.- said Kyuhyun dryly without stop staring at Jongwoon.
The atmosphere had become gloomy in a few seconds and no one, not even Heechul who always had a ready wit, spoke. They were all looking at that mysterious guy who aroused fear with his mere presence. And the fact that he had the eyeliner on did nothing but increase his murderous gaze.
- Hey, what is this funeral?- asked a tall, muscular boy with black hair as he sat in front of Jongwoon. - Hey Woonie, what's up?- he asked pointing to the latter.
Kyuhyun, without waiting for someone to say something, walked away from the table, not without first looking for one last time the dark-haired boy of the art classroom.
Only when he was gone, everyone breathed a sigh and looked into their eyes. Jongwoon, realizing that his brother had finally reached them, turned to him and smiled.
- Did you say something, hyung? -
- Why there was so much silence at the table? And who was that guy?- his brother asked.
- "That guy" is ... strange, mysterious and scary.- Eunhyuk replied as he placed a hand on Donghae's leg to calm him down. The boy continued to tremble.
- His name is Cho Kyuhyun, he is very quiet and is very good at drawing. It's the best in my art class. Unfortunately I know no more about him.- added Jungsoo shrugging.
- I tell you this: he is part of some sect, no doubt. It's too... scary.- said Heechul.
- Oh but, Heechul, you're strange and disturbing too. You look at people while they are spleeping.- replied the brother of Jongwoon.
- Yah Siwon, watch your mouth. You never know when it'll be my revenge on you.- said the Diva of the group with a mischievous tone in his voice.
- No thanks, you know I'm hetero.-
Jongwoon smiled. His brother Siwon and Heechul were strange; every time someone saw them, they were always bickering. But this had not stopped Siwon to allow Heechul as his roommate, although once he had proposed to go to an apartment with Ryeowook instead of the Diva.
While the group resumed talking, Jongwoon felt upon themselves the gaze of someone, but, every time he turned around, there was nobody who would look at them. "Probably," he thought, "it's just my imagination."


-----------------------------------------------------------------

Jongwoon was about to open his locker when he saw a piece of paper stuck in the door slot. He picked it up and opened it, revealing a message with an ordered and elegant writing.
"I have to paint someone. Pose for me. I'll wait in the art room at 15."
The sender had left only the initials: "C.K.H". There had to be a reason why someone would ask him to pose. But above all, Jongwoon's heart sank when he remembered that he had seen those initials on some paintings scattered throughout the University; they were the initials of his favorite artist, but he had never seen his face. It would be an honor to pose for him, given the skill of the artist. Happy, flashing his best smile, he left the cabinet, unconscious of the presence of someone who was staring at him.
Kyuhyun could not explain it. That dark guy, from the moment he had seen him, he was... a masterpiece. He was a living masterpiece, he was perfect to use as a project. That's why he decided to portray the boy. He was sure, though he was the artist, that the dark-haired boy would never deny him the satisfaction of drawing him. And anyway, no one dared to go against his will.
The brown boy was staring at Jongwoon from the hallway stairs while he took out his note. He saw the confused look first, and then his smile. Something inside Kyuhyun move, but he did not know what it was and before he could give it an explanation, lips had settled on his.
- Now we can go. The science classroom is empty.- muttered Kyuhyun's girlfriend.


-------------------------------------------------------


- Yesung, are you playing tonight at the usual time?- Ryeowook asked turning to face the dark-haired guy sitting to his left.
- Sure. Why?- the other replied.
- Um .. Well .. Do you mind meet with me a few hours earlier?- said the smaller boy as his cheeks were tinged with pink.
- Kim Ryeowook, are you asking me on a date?- said the other, smiling slyly.
Ryeowook did not answer; he merely nodded his head. Jongwoon, who liked a lot cute and cuddly things, had to make an enormous effort not to squeeze in a crushing-bones hug his friend.


----------------------------------------------------------------------


- Hyunn~ie, where are you going?- the blonde complained seeing Kyuhyun arranging his clothes and preparing to leave the science classroom.
- See you.- he said without turning around to look at her one last time as he opened the door and went out.
It was ten minutes to three, and Kyuhyun, before the arrival of the dark-haired boy in the art room, wanted to arrange his tools and place the chair in the best point of the room, so that every boy's angle would be set off by a game of light and shadow. Light and shadow because, according to Kyuhyun, were what represented perfectly him and the other guy. They were two opposites, and Kyuhyun had understood it from the first moment he saw him. The brown boy, however, attributed the play of light he saw behind the other guy when he entered the classroom for the first time as a hallucination caused by poor sleep.


-----------------------------------------------------------------------


"Well, we're here. I will see for the first time my favorite artist", Jongwoon thought, stopping in front of the classroom door. When he told his friends that he wanted to pose for the artist, his friends, not trusting the note and fearing that it was all a joke, they had prayed him to be accompanied by one of them. Ryeowook was the one who had insisted the most, because he was terrified that that appointment was for other purposes.
It had happened in the past that someone invited Jongwoon somewhere, he single-handedly. That were man and woman, it always ended to a crying and trembling Jongwoon. To which his fear was more than justified. So he breathed a sigh of relief when one of their friends - a big guy who everyone was scared of even though in reality he was very tender - had offered to accompany Jongwoon.
- Shall I open the door?- asked his friend to Jongwoon, looking sideways.
- Huh? Ah, yes. Go ahead Kangin.-
Kangin did not need to be told twice; he took the doorknob and turned it, ready to observe the room and the person who had give an appointment to Jongwoon there. The last person Jongwoon and Kangin were expecting to see, was the one who was staring at them from the window.
The sun's rays entering through the window behind Kyuhyun were playing with the boy's hair, making them almost blond. His expression was impassive and fixed to Jongwoon and Kangin thought that he wasn't needed and it was better if he left them alone. Also, Kangin did not know why but he felt in awe in front of that guy, at that time. Kyuhyun had never done anything to Kangin; the important thing was that he was far from his small circle of friends. In that room, though, with Kyuhyun with detached and folded arms, he did not want to contradict nor to go against him.
Meanwhile, Jongwoon was left paralyzed facing that vision. Despite he was scared of Kyuhyun, at that moment Jongwoon thought of him as someone peaceful, friendly... an angel. And what surprised him the most was the fact that he was sure that he saw the right corner of Kyuhyun's mouth lifted, almost imperceptibly, as if to keep from smiling. Jongwoon was left speechless and he didn't immediately thought that that guy, that Kyuhyun, was the artist who drew pictures that evoked deep emotions with just a cursory glance.

Kyuhyun, when the door was opened, certainly did not expect to see the dark-haired boy accompanied by someone. Why they should accompany the boy? Then it occurred to him that, probably, Jongwoon or his friends were afraid of him, the artist, and what he could have done to their friend. The corner of his mouth lifted and he was unable to explain the emotion he felt when he saw that the dark-haired boy was staring at him with his mouth open, as if in a trance.
When the silence and the exchanging glances dragged on for several minutes, Kyuhyun cleared his throat and, without looking at none in particular, he opened his mouth to speak.
- I am Kyuhyun.-
The dark boy's eyes widened even more if possible. - I... I a-am J-Jongwoon.-