Misunderstandings

I am beautiful with you

A.N: I advise you to read this chapter while listening to "I am beautiful with you" by Halestorm..

 

 

- Kyuhyun-ssi, what are you doing here? - Kangin asked, managing to open his mouth after what seemed an eternity.

- Work.- the brown boy simply said, rolling up the sleeves of his work shirt.
Jongwoon swallowed watching his forearms. Although he was lost in his thoughts, he remembered why he was there and the word Kyuhyun had uttered: "work." "Kyuhyun is my favorite artist?? Oh, now that's a surprise", Jongwoon thought as he watched the painter.
- Well Yesung, I'm going. Um, good work.- said Kangin stepping out of the classroom. He prayed that nothing happened to his friend, otherwise Ryeowook and the others would kill him.
After Kangin had left him by the threshold, Jongwoon entered the room, closing the door. As he waited for Kyuhyun to tell him something, he fiddled with the hem of his shirt with his eyes planted on the ground.
The more he thought about it, the more Kyuhyun realized that Jongwoon would be perfect for that project. He would do justice to every section of the dark boy, without neglecting even the smallest of details.
Kyuhyun cleared his throat to attract the attention of Jongwoon and, when he did, he pointed with a movement of the head the chair placed in the middle of the room. He saw the dark-haired hesitant to approach the chair and look around quizzically.
- Undress.- the order came suddenly, catching Jongwoon by surprise.
Jongwoon gasped and, terrified, rolled his eyes to the other, blushing, while beginning to open and close his mouth.
- Wha.. You seriou.. Um, why?- he finally managed to say lowering his eyes.
- You can keep on this.- Kyuhyun said while throwing him a white cloth.
Jongwoon, not wanting to annoy the guy - although he did not know why he had a desire to please him - he began to undress, eyeing the two classroom doors.
Kyuhyun, realizing the boy's distress, went to lock the doors, even by closing the windows. Finally, waiting for the boy to sit down, he went to his stool placed in front of the easel and stood watching the boy.
Jongwoon felt upon himself the gaze of Kyuhyun and was really embarrassed, worse than when it happened that he took a shower along with some of his friends. Lifted the last layer of clothes, holding before him the white cloth that the other had given him, he sat down.
Kyuhyun began to study every angle of the boy and imagined the effect that he wanted to recreate on canvas. Framed the final design, he headed for the dark boy and began his work.
Jongwoon's heart was beating wildly. Kyuhyun was too close to him; he felt his breath brush against his skin. It did not help either that Kyuhyun was touching his arms and legs to find the right position to draw.
The work he had agreed to do so much embarrassed him but he would never give up. He knew the skill of Kyuhyun, he knew Kyuhyun was admired by many critics and everything flattered Jongwoon; he would become one of his perfect and wonderful works... and he liked a lot the idea.
Feel, however, upon him the hands of Kyuhyun was strange, intriguing... and exciting. Jongwoon felt his skin hot and it was difficult to breathe normally. He did his best not to show to Kyuhyun how his contact had affected him.
Kyuhyun finally began to study the position of the head to find the best angle. He realized that Jongwoon had a beautiful face, long and thin, and the skin was perfectly cured. He found himself staring at the boy's lips, which were thin and red and... and alluring. At that moment Jongwoon moistened his lips, catching Kyuhyun by surprise who also raised an eyebrow.
Jongwoon noticed that Kyuhyun stood staring at his face. That was the highlight point of the dark-haired and he also boasted about it, at least when he felt handsome - which happened a few times -. Jongwoon saw him look at his lips and, without understanding why, he felt the need to moisten his lips. Certainly he did not expect that Kyuhyun raised an eyebrow, but it lasted such a short time, that Jongwoon was not even sure what he had seen.
When Kyuhyun had just fixed everything, he returned to his seat, never taking his eyes off from the guy who was in front of him. Without saying anything, he began his work. He knew that it would come out a masterpiece.
Jongwoon, when Kyuhyun walked away from him, breathed a sigh of relief before realizing that Kyuhyun had started painting. He noticed that he kept his tongue in the corner of his lips, as he was concentrated in his work, and every time he lifted up his eyes to look in front of him, his expression was relaxed, as if he was doing something completely normal and simple.
Jongwoon, without knowing why, began to relax and humming to himself to keep himself busy and also to rehearse the songs that he would sing that night at the club.


Kyuhyun had not realized that Jongwoon was singing until Jongwoon raised the volume of his voice. Jongwoon's voice reminded him of someone, but Kyuhyun could not identify who. The only thing he was certain of was that the voice gave him the deep emotions that he rarely showed in public. A smile began to dawn on his lips and Kyuhyun had just surrender to the fact that he adored the other's voice. Then, not only he was perfect physically but so was his voice.
Jongwoon had raised his voice; without understanding why, Kyuhyun wanted to hear him sing. Very often people complimented him because he could make apathetic people cry, he could melt the heart to aloof people. His aim, then, was to arouse any emotion from Kyuhyun. So when he saw him smile, time stopped for him. Kyuhyun was not only good at drawing and perfect in every aspect, but also had a smile that was sweet and catchy at the same time. Jongwoon gasped for breath. That vision had really taken him aback. And Jongwoon could not even explain why, just as he saw Kyuhyun smile, he had stopped breathing, as if he couldn't remember how to do it.
At that moment, in which Jongwoon admired the smile of Kyuhyun and the latter was lost in a world where he kept replaying the voice of Jongwoon as he sang, the same instantaneous thought crossed the mind of both: they had found perfection in the other. And they also thought of something else, but their minds had not wanted to give it importance: "he's beautiful."

- Um ... thanks for letting me pose.- Jongwoon murmured with his head low as he stood in front of Kyuhyun. He had just dressed under the watchful gaze of the tall guy.
- Tha-thanks to you for accepting.- Kyuhyun replied, stammering as it happened when he was younger.
Not that he was shy and felt in awe, just that it was a long time since Kyuhyun did not speak spontaneously with someone.
- Well, I wanted to know... Can I see the portrait done until now?- Jongwoon timidly asked while playing with the hem of his shirt.
- No! - Kyuhyun rudely replied. But seeing that the other guy had leaped and walked away from him a few steps, he added: - I do not like my drawings being seen before completed.-
- Oh I understand. Well then, when are we going to meet again? -
Kyuhyun seemed to think about it before answering. He wanted to have more hours available. - Saturday at eleven? -
- But I have something up later. Is it alright? -
- Sure. See you on Saturday.- Kyuhyun replied and with those words he stepped out of the classroom.
Kyuhyun had felt the need to get away, as if to be near the raven put him in awe. Probably he had not yet realized that it was not awe, but a deeper feeling.
Jongwoon, when Kyuhyun had left the room, he started breathing normally and he hoped that no one noticed his inner turmoil, especially Ryeowook.
Jongwoon opened the door and found himself in front of Ryeowook about to knock on the door.
- Yesung!- Ryeowook exclaimed, embracing his friend.
- Hey calm, you're killing me.- he joked ruffling the hair of the smallest.
- Are you ok? Nothing bad happened to you, right?- the other asked, taking a few steps to control Jongwoon's body.
- No, I'm fine. You'll never guess who's C.K.H!- said the other impatiently.
- In fact I think I know.. I mean, I just saw Kyuhyun exiting this classroom.-
- Ah. Then Kangin did not say anything? -
- Kangin went to class and you know he hates using the phone during lectures.-
- You are right.-
- Yesung, shall we go? -
That question caught Jongwoon off guard. It had occurred to him that he had a date with Ryeowook.
Seeing the confusion in the eyes of the other, Ryeowook wanted to tell him not to worry and that they could go out another day, but Jongwoon managed to compose himself.
- Sure! Where do you want to go?- Jongwoon said taking Ryeowook's hand without noticing that his friend was blushing.
- Uh, uh.. I had thought to go to the cinema, because you like movies.- stammered the youngest looking at their hands intertwined. A smile creased his lips.
- Sounds great, Wookie!- exclaimed the dark giving a kiss on the cheek to Ryeowook.
As the two were leaving the courtroom they did not pay attention to the pair of eyes that was following them.


Say that Jongwoon and Ryeowook were embarrassed was an understatement; they could not look into their eyes.
The two friends had gone to the cinema and, knowing that Ryeowook didn't like scary movies, they had opted for a comedy, ignoring the romantic movie also in programme. While watching the film, they were both leaning their arms on the armrest between the two seats, only to brush them against each other. That had embarrassed both, and they looked at each other. Neither of them knew what was happening around them; the only thing they were sure about was that they were kissing. Despite Jongwoon had seen the face of Kyuhyun flashing before his eyes at the beginning of the kiss, the one who had stepped back breaking the kiss had been Ryeowook.
The two friends were now in the club where Jongwoon would sing later and were seated at the counter. Ryeowook could not look his friend in the eyes, not even speak. And Jongwoon was no exception.
- Hey, what are those faces?- asked the bartender, around their age and attending the same university.
- Huh? What?- Ryeowook stammered, raising his head up.
- Minseok-ssi, everything's alright. We're just... a little tired, that's all.- answered quietly Jongwoon squeezing Ryeowook's hand.
- Maybe, but from few steps away it seemed there had been a quarrel between fiances.- threw out Minseok back to washing glasses.
Neither of the two friends replied. The smallest was blushing and the other was still.
The moment those words were spoken, Jongwoon had again seen the face of Kyuhyun flashing before his eyes, but this time in the audience and not in his mind. "It is impossible that he is here", Jongwoon thought before turning to his friend, who at that time was playing with the glass between his hands.
- Wookie, don't stress yourself.- the dark-hairde said before patting his shoulder.
- Really?? I... I did not want, really. I mean, I know that you like me, but not in that way, or at least in my same way, however..- Ryeowook bit his lip before continuing -... But I like you, and... and at that time I was too confused, and I did not know what to do, and then I..- but could not finish the sentence because Jongwoon put his hand over his mouth, all the while smiling.
- You know that when you're nervous, you tend to talk as if there was no tomorrow?- the other joked. - I won't say that I don't like you because I'd be lying, but I do not know how I feel, okay? Soon, when I will understand it, I will answer to you, all right? -
Ryeowook, afraid of how his voice would sound if he opened his mouth, just nodded, returning the smile of his friend.
Jongwoon, reassured himself that his friend would not burst into tears when he was dismissed, he rose directed to the stage, where his bandmates Donghae, Eunhyuk and Heechul were waiting in their seats.

- Kyuhyun, why do you keep coming here?- asked a brown-haired girl turned to the boy. They were seated at a table hidden in the shadow of the club.
- Distracting me.-
- All right, but usually were hide in the kitchen, we don't sit here.-
- I want to know who is the guy who sings.- answered Kyuhyun making himself comfortable in the chair and directing his eyes to the stage.
When Kyuhyun and Taerin had entered the room, the boy's eyes were immediately directed to Jongwoon and the guy sitting next to him. He had seen their faces turn red and then the smallest smile to Jongwoon. Kyuhyun had felt a pang that he could not explain and he also wanted to go to the two but his friend had stopped him and taken to a table.
- Rinrin, where were you this afternoon, when I was painting? -
- Oh, I was busy with your fanclub. You know, it's difficult to be the president as well as your friend. Why?- she said turning to face her friend.
- I wanted you to see who I am painting. But, since he's here, I'll show you.- Kyuhyun said telling her to turn toward the stage, where Jongwoon chatted with his friends.
- Oh yes! I saw him leave the classroom with that guy, the little one who looks like a doll.-
- What do you think about him?-
- You've chosen well. He has a something of artistic and, with your skills, you'll be able to make a masterpiece.- Taerin sincerely replied. - But his boyfriend does not say anything?- she added turning to look toward Jongwoon and then Ryeowook.
- Boyfriend?- Kyuhyun asked, turning his head sharply towards his friend.
- Yes. When I was out of the classroom, I saw them join hands to go on a date.-
Kyuhyun did not answer. He had not imagined that Jongwoon could have had a boyfriend. But there was not even surprising, given that Kyuhyun had quickly realized that the dark-haired boy was... different from the boys he had seen. He was... beautiful, a work of art.
Kyuhyun was about to say something but he saw the sad look of her friend. He followed the gaze of Taerin to see why she was sad. She was looking at Ryeowook, Jongwoon's friend.
- By any chance... do you like the friend of Jongwoon?- Kyuhyun asked seriously.
Taerin blushed. - Did you notice?- she said adjusting her hair.
Kyuhyun smiled and put his hand on hers. - Be strong. You can always confess, so you can put your heart in peace.-