CHAPTER 8 – GROWING ATTACHMENT

WONDERSTRUCK
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

Yong Hwa’s mom arrived after five minutes of waiting in Cherry Café. Upon seeing his mom, he waved his hand and stood up to meet her half way. He hugged her mom as she kissed his cheeks. Shin Hye felt warm upon seeing a sweet act between them.

 

“Mom, this way.” He led his mom to their table. “Mom, this is Park Shin Hye and Shin Hye, this is my mom.” He introduced.

 

Shin Hye stood up and bowed as she greeted Mrs. Jung, “Good afternoon Mrs. Jung, it’s nice to meet you.”

 

But Mrs. Jung held her right arm before hugging her and said, “Oh darling, since you’re my son’s friend, just call me Auntie.” Then she smiled sweetly at her.

 

“Uhm.. ok, Auntie.. ?”

 

She chuckled and Yong Hwa interjected, “C’mon, let’s take a seat.”

 

They took their seat and ordered slices of cake for each one of them with their preferred drinks.

 

“So mom, do you already have an idea on the theme of the party you like?” Yong Hwa started.

 

“Hmm.. I want a children’s party!”

 

“Aren’t you too old for that, mom?”

 

“Son, it’s a kids’ orphanage, of course it should be a children’s party. Besides, my birthday is just a reason but it’ll be more on making the kids happy, so it’s their party not just mine.” She explained.

 

“Ok, I got it.” He agreed.

 

“Shin Hye, dear, what do you think the kids will like?” she asked.

 

“I’m thinking that we can have games and a magic show.” She suggested.

 

“Yes yes! Let’s talk about the games first.” She said excitedly.

 

They’ve talked about the games to be played mostly street games. Shin Hye also suggested where they can find a person or two for the magic show. She also recommended her friends to assist on the party and Mrs. Jung approved.

 

“Mom, our band can also perform a few songs for the kids.” Yong Hwa suggested.

 

“Sure Yongie! Are you going to give me a discount?”

 

He chuckled, “No mom, it’s free of charge. It’s for the kids and as one of my birthday gift to you.

 

“Aww! Thank you Yongie! You’re so sweet!” she said as she pinched her son’s cheeks.

 

“Aisht! Mom!” he whined as he caressed his cheeks and both of the ladies laughed at him.

 

Yong Hwa nudged Shin Hye “You’re laughing at me?”

 

She tried to stop but ended laughing more. “Sorry, you two are just too cute and hearing your mom calling you Yongie is just..” unable control herself, she laughed again together with Mrs Jung.

 

“Ok kids, I still have an appointment so I have to go ahead of you.”

 

“Ok Auntie, I’ll contact the person for the magic show, and then I’ll also inform my friends about the party.”

 

“Good, let’s keep in touch. We still have to talk about the catering. Come to our house one of these days so we can talk about the additional details and finalize it.” She invited.

 

“Yes Auntie.”

 

“Shin Hye-ah, I’ll just walk my mom to her car, wait for me here.” He said and she nodded at him.

 

“Bye Shin Hye!” “Bye Auntie, be careful on your way!”

 

As when they reached her m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter