CHAPTER 5 – FIREFLIES

WONDERSTRUCK
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Later that night, Yong Hwa is leaning on the balcony of his room thinking about what Min Hyuk told him earlier.

 

Gotta make a move. Make a move. Think Yong, think. He sighed.

 

He suddenly decided to walk down the street hoping to come up with a something. He armoured himself with his gray hooded jacket as he walks on a surprisingly cold night though its spring. But he didn’t expect a better opportunity will come on his way.

 

He saw Shin Hye getting out from a bead shop with a plastic bag on her left hand and her school bag on the other side. Obviously, she hasn’t gone home. He admires her natural ability to look gorgeous on just a simple outfit. She’s wearing skinny jeans and a loose blue shirt with a mickey mouse printed on it. And so, he decided to approach her.

 

“Shin Hye-ssi!” he called her.

 

She turned to the familiar voice and smiled upon recognizing him. “Oh, hi Yong Hwa-ssi!”

 

He pointed to the bead shop and asked, “You bought something there?”

 

“Ah, yeah. I bought beads and some other things. I’m going to make beaded bracelets with the kids from the orphanage this coming weekend.” She showed the plastic bag with the materials to him.

 

“That’s cool! By the way, which orphanage you’re talking about? My mom used to volunteer in Home for the Angels in Gyeonggi-do before.”

 

“That’s it! I volunteer on that particular orphanage!”

 

“Really? Wow! That’s nice to know!” he smiled widely at her finding something in common with her and his mom.

 

“Yeah! I just started winter last year. So, doesn’t your mother volunteers anymore?” she asked happily.

 

He shook his head, “She got busier on the family business with dad, but my family still donates on that orphanage.”

 

“That’s still so kind of your family. You never forget to help. I hope she’ll get some time to visit again. Surely, the kids and the Nuns missed her already”

 

“I hope so.” He smiled at her then asked, “Going home?” “Yeah.” She answered.

 

“Where do you live? I’ll walk you home, it’s getting late.” He offered. Bright idea! Hoho!

 

“Thanks, but I can manage. I might be a bothersome to you.”

 

“No, you’re not! So, I insist.”

 

“Hmm.. Ok, if you don’t mind.” She agreed and they walked together side by side.

 

“Oh look!” she pointed at the street lamp and he looked up. “Fireflies!” she exclaimed.

 

He also admired the fireflies but when he turned to her again, he admired her more than those fireflies.

 

“It’s beautiful!” she said happily with her hands cl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter