Neuf

Between The Raindrops
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapitre Neuf

>This time I’ll never let you go<

Weeks passed, and the day that many people had been waiting for finally arrived. For two persons in particular, they naturally couldn’t sleep the night before and had been up all night, trying to calm their nervous hearts while waiting for the Sun to rise, telling them that the day they had been waiting for was finally here.

 As much as it was their big day, it didn’t mean that their loved ones didn’t feel the nerves too. As it turned out, those people who cared and doted for them felt the excitement and joy for them too, and were running around the house like headless chickens.

One of those people were MyungSoo’s family, where MyungHee and HyunJoo were fussing around, grabbing some things along the way while screaming at each other. They weren’t fighting, no, they were just too nervous themselves, as if it was their wedding, that the only way to calm themselves down was to scream.

“OPPA, WE’RE GOING FIRST!!!”

MyungHee hollered, and MyungSoo who was still getting ready in his room, laughed to himself hearing his sister scream. In her voice was a mixture of exhilaration, jumpy, and could MyungSoo say panic? He didn’t know, and before he could reply anything, MyungHee screamed again, making MyungSoo rolled his eyes.

He opened his bedroom door, with his tie hanging loosely around his neck, to tell MyungHee to calm down for a bit but he didn’t get the chance to get the words out when MyungHee sprinted towards him. She wasn’t in her bridesmaid’s dress yet, and MyungSoo quickly looked at her feet to see whether she was wearing heels. He was afraid that she would fall while climbing up the stairs in a ridiculous speed in those ridiculous shoes.

“MyungHee, slow down-”

“Oppa, is MinNeul coming?” The sudden mention of the name made MyungSoo’s eyes widened, his lips twitching to hide a smile but he quickly nodded. “Yes, she is. Why?” He queried back, wondering why MyungHee questioned about her all of a sudden.

MyungHee inhaled a deep breath before releasing it, probably to calm the craziness that was going on inside her head. “What time do you think she’ll arrive?” She asked, not answering MyungSoo’s question. Her brother tipped his head to the side. “I think half an hour before the ceremony starts. Again, why?”

MyungHee started fanning herself, with one hand holding her phone, and the other then started to grip MyungSoo’s arm. “Okay, oppa, I need a favor. Can you ask her whether she could come a bit early?”

MyungSoo’s eyebrows arched, and crossed his arms as he stared at his younger sister. “I guess I could ask. Why? You haven’t been answering me and this is the third time I am asking why.” MyungHee just grinned and scratched her head, where her hair was all messy and MyungSoo spotted dark circles under her eyes.

If MyungHee were looking this disoriented, how would KyonDae look right now? He tried not to imagine KyonDae’s peaceful nature turning into a havoc, or anything close to how MyungHee was acting right now.

“The thing is, our bridesmaid just got into an accident, and she is in the hospital right now.” MyungHee explained, trying to sound calm. MyungSoo’s eyes widened at the news. “Oh, poor thing. Is she okay?”

MyungHee nodded. “She’s fine, but we need a replacement. And right now, all I can think of is MinNeul. I haven’t told KyonDae because I don’t want her to worry. Knowing her, she’d be thinking about going to the hospital to visit the girl than focusing on her big day.”

MyungSoo nodded his head in understanding, finally getting where this was going. MyungHee was KyonDae’s maid of honor, and she felt that it was her responsibility to make sure these little things were under control. They were supposed to have only one bridesmaid though, and as far as MyungSoo knew, the girl was their good friend.

He wasn’t so sure if they really needed the bridesmaid, but hey, it wasn’t his place to ask anything. It was the girls’ choice.

The young man then lifted his shoulder and said with a nod, “I’ll ask MinNeul about it. I think she would have no problem, though.” He wasn’t sure what MinNeul was going to say, and he hoped that she would be able to help, probably in giving MyungHee support since she looked close to collapsing.

MyungHee sighed in relief and quickly attacked her brother with a hug, and MyungSoo patted her back. Was it just him or was MyungHee starting to lose weight? He wondered but didn’t say anything.

“Thank you so much, oppa. Tell me if she can make it. You’re not coming with us right now, right?”

MyungSoo shook his head. “Nope. I’ll go there with the other boys. You go on first with mom and dad, all right.” He urged, and after giving her brother a nod, MyungHee ran downstairs again, where her parents were waiting in the car and MyungSoo yelled behind her to be extra careful.

The last thing they all wanted was to have MyungHee to be in the hospital next, and he just kept it inside his head, not daring to say it aloud. He wouldn’t want to jinx the wedding day.

MyungSoo entered his room back, finished getting ready, before checking his guitar, and gave MinNeul a quick text. It didn’t take long for him to receive a reply, and though there was a hint of query in her answer, he was still glad that she didn’t mind doing what he just requested.

He wouldn’t worry too much about her. He knew she would do just fine.

“Oppa, oppa, oppa, I need your help right now.” MinNeul said, bursting in MinHyuk’s room without bothering to knock. If his door was unlocked, it always meant that she was free to enter, well to her anyways. Her twin was sitting at the table, going through some documents when MinNeul knocked him out of his skin.

He turned in his chair to see MinNeul holding a dress, her hair was styled in a weird way and panic was all over her face. MinHyuk frowned and approached her with a worried look. “Woah, what’s going on? Why are you looking so disheveled?” It wasn’t always that he got to see his twin like this, and it was quite amusing.

Maybe it was too soon for MyungSoo to say that MinNeul would be just fine. Unbeknownst to him, MinNeul freaked out when he asked for her help, but she said yes anyways because, well, they were friends and friends helped each other, no?

MinNeul quickly filled him in and MinHyuk crossed his arms as he watched her, hearing every single word she said with a slight frown. Once MinNeul was done, MinHyuk looked at her puzzlingly. “So ... why are you freaking out? Just go there earlier and be the bridesmaid.”

MinNeul sighed and started shaking MinHyuk’s shoulder. “I know, and right now I need you to help me get ready. I should look at least, you know, presentable or something.”

“I thought the bride and the bridesmaids get ready together.”

“Yeah, it’s true, but I think it would be better if I just get ready on my own. I am sure by now they already have a lot on their plate, what with them worry about their supposed-to-be bridesmaid and everything, and I don’t want them to fuss over me.” MinNeul explained, and MinHyuk finally nodded slowly.

“Ah ... I get it.” He said. “Okay, so ... what do you want me to do? I can probably help you style your hair a bit. I know nothing about make up though.”

MinNeul nodded her head eagerly and ran towards his bathroom, getting ready to change. “Styling my hair will do!” She replied from inside the bathroom. “Because my hands are shaking right now!”

MinHyuk rolled his eyes and waited for her to come out. It was unusual for her to panic over something like this. She’d never freaked out when it came to cooking before, so to see her acting this way was somewhat weird. “I don’t know why you’re so scared, MinNeul. It’s not as if they’re asking you to get married to the groom! They’re just asking you to replace the bridesmaid!”

MinNeul said something incoherent, and MinHyuk simply laughed to himself. He shook his head then as he sighed, looking up at the ceiling. “What on earth am I going to do with you, little sister.” He mumbled to himself.

After he was done helping her, trying to calm her down because she seemed to be nervous, MinHyuk drove her to the venue. A part of him understood why MinNeul was a little nervy. In her entire life, this was the first time she had to participate in a wedding, as usually she would only watch as a guest, and probably one of the major things she ever had to do in her life, apart from being a cook.

He stopped the car right at the entrance, and MinNeul could see a girl somewhat about her age standing there, fanning herself when it wasn’t even that hot. That could be MyungHee, she assumed, as the bride most definitely won’t be here.

“Are you sure you’re not coming with, oppa?” MinNeul asked with a hand on the door’s handle as she turned slightly to face her brother. MyungSoo told her that it was okay if she wanted to bring MinHyuk, as the bride and groom didn’t mind at all.

MinHyuk shook his head however, and threw her an apologetic smile. “I’d love to, but I can’t. I have to go to the company in a bit. Why don’t you tell me all about it later? This is your first time being a bridesmaid and attending an event without me.” He said, looking at her proudly.

MinNeul only nodded her head and was about to exit the car when MinHyuk stopped her. MinNeul looked at her twin questioningly, wondering if something was the matter but MinHyuk only looked at her with a satisfied expression.

“My baby sister is all grown up now.” He suddenly said, feeling touched all of a sudden.

MinNeul frowned and chuckled, “MinHyuk, we’re only a few minutes apart, remember.” She joked, but she understood why MinHyuk felt inundated, sometimes her brother could be this way. “And why are you getting emotional all of a sudden? It feels a bit weird, honestly.”

MinHyuk laughed back and lifted his shoulders nonchalantly. “I know, but sometimes I can’t believe that you’re growing up so fast. Even though we’re three minutes apart, you’re always like a little sister to me, and before I know it, it would be your wedding I’m fussing around over.”

He nudged towards the door, flashing her a wide grin. “Have fun, and call me if you need me to pick you up.”

MinNeul nodded and patted her brother’s shoulder. “Thanks, MinHyuk. You’re the best twin ever.”

“That I know.”

MinNeul got out of the car and met eyes with MyungHee, who, within a heartbeat, screamed excitedly as she approached her. “Oh my God, you’re MinNeul right?” She asked, and MinNeul nodded her head as she briefly turned to watch MinHyuk’s car sped away.

“MyungHee?” She asked back, just to confirm. She could see a little bit of MyungSoo on her face, especially those beautiful eyes.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter