Douze

Between The Raindrops
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapitre Douze

>When she looks at me, I know the girl sees things nobody else can see<

MyungSoo

“Knock knock.” MyungHee said as she was standing at the door of MyungSoo’s room, and her brother smiled slightly at the sight of her. “Hey, sister. What can I do for you?” He asked, beckoning her to come in. He was going through the teaching plan that night after dinner, getting ready for class the next day.

MyungHee came in and lazily dropped herself on the edge of MyungSoo’s bed. She looked at what her brother was doing and shrugged. “Nothing, actually. I’m just wondering what you’re doing, and that I’m quite bored.” She said, and MyungSoo threw her a smile.

“How’s your job? Do you like it?” MyungSoo asked, wanting to make a conversation as he worked. There wasn’t much to review, anyway. He’d known the lessons by heart already. “Is your boss okay? Your clients?”

MyungHee shifted in her seat so that she can face her brother better. “Work is fine.” She answered with a nod. “I mean, if you like what you do, you shouldn’t have a problem. And well, clients being clients, they demand a lot of things sometimes but things are still bearable. KyonDae handles hers very well.”

They had both pursued their careers as interior designers, both loved their jobs, only which they didn’t work in the same company, much to their disappointment. MyungSoo often told her that they couldn’t stay glued to each other forever. There will come a time when they would have to survive without each other, but still didn’t change anything about their friendship.

“Anyway, enough about me, though.” MyungHee suddenly said, and a huge grin plastered on her face, making MyungSoo perplexed. “So ... what’s the progress with your love interest?” She asked, wiggling her eyebrows playfully at her brother.

MyungSoo’s face reddened and pushed her shoulder slightly. “Why is this about me now? Have you come to ask me about that, actually?” He asked, and MyungHee giggled upon seeing his flustered face. There must be something that MyungSoo didn’t tell her, and she was set to find out. She put MyungSoo’s books aside and shifted closer to him.

“Oh, come on now, oppa. Tell me!” She begged. “From the look on your face, something must’ve happened. I tell you everything so now you have to tell me!”

 MyungSoo sighed, knowing that his sister won’t keep quiet until she get what she wanted, especially after his expression gave it away so easily. She wouldn’t let it go and would drive him crazy until he told her what happened.

“Fine.” He gave in, eyeing the door at the same time, making sure that only MyungHee would hear. As much as he tried not to, he cannot help but smile as he recalled the recent event. He would always smile as he remembered it, and he guessed that was what made MyungHee know something was up.

“Well, I am happy to tell you that she is willing to give us a chance.” He said with a huge smile, and it was so contagious that MyungHee beamed herself. Her brother looked extremely content that she could feel how happy he was too. “I would help her chase the fear away, because I know a part of her is still unsure, though she tries to hide it.”

“Well, no one wants to get hurt the second time.” MyungHee said with a nod. “So you had better take this opportunity to prove to her that you really mean what you said.”

“I would.” MyungSoo agreed. “I wouldn’t waste it, and I’ll prove to her that I really do mean it when I say I love her.”

“You what?!” A voice suddenly bellowed, making the both of them jumped. MyungSoo threw his gaze towards the source of the voice, which turned out to be no other than his father’s, who didn’t look the least bit happy. He was angry, and it was written all over his face how unhappy he was.

“Dad!” MyungSoo sighed in frustration. “Were you eavesdropping?” He stood up from his bed and walked towards the door, opening it wider only to reveal his father’s full figure, with his face red in anger. MyungHee shrank at where she was, preparing herself for what might happen.

“I told you to stop seeing her again, MyungSoo! Can’t you even do a simple task?” WooJin bawled back, ignoring what his son said previously. “Which part of ‘stop seeing her again’ that you don’t understand? And you told me before that you two were only friends!”

“Well, I’m sorry but that is not the case now. I love her, and I really do. And you cannot ask me to stay away from her without giving me a damn good reason. You can say all you want but I am not going to leave her.” MyungSoo fought back, fists clenching, as he stood upright, indicating that he was not going to back down. A father or not, he was not going to give up, ever.

“She’s not from a proper family.” WooJin said as an excuse. “Her family is messed up.”

That caused MyungSoo to laugh as he shook his head, looking at his father incredulously. His father must’ve been joking or something, because that kind of excuse didn’t make sense at all. “Are you being serious right now?” MyungSoo asked. “Well, in case you’ve forgotten, let me refresh your memory. KyonDae came from a messed up family herself, and yet you didn’t seem to mind as we looked at her and SoRa as part of the family. You allowed MyungHee to be friends with her, you allowed me to take care of SoRa and mom cooked for them every night. Her stepmother was a promiscuous woman and her dad was an alcoholic, yet it was fine with you.”

MyungSoo crossed his arms and took one-step forward towards his father. He tipped his head to the side as he tried to read what was on WooJin’s mind. If only he had the ability to read other people’s minds, things wouldn’t get this complicated.

“What exactly are you hiding from me, dad?”

“Nothing.” WooJin said almost instantly. “I am hiding nothing from you. I just do not want you to be anywhere near that girl anymore, and end whatever it is you have with her now. It was different with KyonDae and things have changed. If you are my son, you would do as I say!”

“And if you are my dad, you would want me to be happy!” MyungSoo shouted. “And right now, you’re not making any sense, dad! You don’t want me to have anything to do with her but you’re not giving me any reason! And just to make things clear, I would still accept and love her no matter who or what she used to be, if you somehow manage to find out about her past, and which she never told me. I don’t care about what she was, because what matters now is what she is.”

All the shouting and raising voices caused his mom to race upstairs, as she was previously in the living room, reading. MyungSoo saw his mom approaching, with a deep frown on her face as she looked at him and his father back and forth. “What is this all about?” She asked. “I can hear you shouting from downstairs.”

MyungSoo’s heart softened as he looked at how tired HyunJoo looked, and he knew that his mother had tried reasoning with his dad too, these past few days, and it was fruitless.

HyunJoo looked at her husband, and shook her head slightly. “Are you still arguing with our son about that girl he’s seeing?” She asked with a sigh. “You know, I don’t understand why you are so against in them seeing each other either. They love each other, WooJin. Can’t you understand that?”

“No, I can’t!” He exploded. “I’ve told you before that I know from the first glance that that girl is not for him, and he’s been too blinded with his so-called love for her. I am just trying to spare him the heartbreak he doesn’t deserve!”

“Dad!” MyungSoo was extremely angry now. “MinNeul is nothing like what you’re trying to imply. She’s not going to hurt me because she’s the one hurting! And she is the one who has been going through the heartbreak her entire life! If she wants to hurt me, she would’ve done it long time ago!”

WooJin fixe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter