Quinze

Between The Raindrops
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapitre Quinze

>All my life, I’ll be with you forever. To get you through the day and make everything okay<

MyungSoo

“Oppa, have you got a few minutes?” MyungHee asked one morning, poking her head through the door with her hair falling down her shoulders. MyungSoo was just picking a sweater to wear from his wardrobe when his sister came, and a smile immediately formed on his face, as he knew well enough what she wanted.

“Sure, come in.” He said and grabbing a comb and MyungHee moved to stand in front of him, her back facing her brother. “Thank you, oppa.” She said joyfully, and MyungSoo smiled to himself. “No problem, MyungHee. Though I have to wonder, who braided your hair while I was gone?” He asked while combing MyungHee’s straight, long hair.

“Sometimes I attempted to braid it myself and there were times when KyonDae did it for me.” MyungHee replied nonchalantly. “But now that she’s married, I don’t like to disturb her so much about braiding my hair.”

MyungSoo chuckled and shook his head. “You should learn how to braid your hair yourself then. I kind of get why you don’t want to go to omma for help, considering that she’s often busy in the kitchen every morning, but you should learn or at least ChangJo could do it for you since you guys meet up every morning before work.”

MyungHee blew a raspberry in exasperation as she thought of those times when she did try to braid her own hair. It didn’t turn out as how she’d hoped it would be, and only made her more frustrated. “I tried, oppa.” She whined. “But it’s not as pretty as when other people do it for me. And, well, ChangJo has been learning how to do it, though. He says he’s been practicing with his mother’s hair. Anyway, since you’re here now, I can always just look for you.”

MyungSoo merely laughed and shook his head again. Well, anything for his one and only sister.

He suddenly remembered that one time when MyungHee told him about her relationship with ChangJo on the webcam, and he unconsciously smiled as he recalled his own reaction at the time. He was still at the States when MyungHee told him of this.

“You know, I would never forget the day you told me that you were courting ChangJo.” He said, still working on her hair and making sure that not a strand was out of place. Maybe that was why MyungHee liked going to him to have her hair braided, because MyungSoo often made sure more than everybody else did that her hair looked perfect.

“I couldn’t believe that you waited few months after your courtship with him to tell me that news, and I was at the States, even. Did you think I would not go if you had told me sooner?” He whined, pretending to be angry with her at the same time. But it really was the case though. After about a few months he was abroad, he only found out then that MyungHee was in a relationship.

Not that it was a bad thing, it was just that the others seemed to have known it before him, and he was quite sad that MyungHee kept it from him for that long.

MyungHee sighed as she looked at her reflection in the mirror. “Don’t tell me you’re still sulking over that, oppa.” She said, crossing her arms as she watched MyungSoo almost finishing with his job. “Besides, things were difficult back then, weren’t they? I didn’t think it was wise to tell you about it with, you know, everything that was going on at that moment.”

MyungSoo knew exactly what she meant, and silently felt touched about her consideration. Yes, how could he ever forget? L.Joe was sick and there MyungSoo was admitting to KyonDae that he loved her and KyonDae herself was forever the confused girl, who didn’t know what her heart really wanted until he himself helped her realizing the truth.

And that was why he would be forever grateful with how things had turned out in the end. He couldn’t wish for anything better.

“Oppa.”

“Yes?”

“Are you back talking to appa?” MyungHee asked, and MyungSoo knew that she was forcing herself to sound casual about it. He knew that deep down her sister was hurting with everything that was going on in their family, as things were never this way before.

MyungSoo sighed, finally finished braiding MyungHee’s hair and he played with the comb as he answered, “Well, we’ve been avoiding each other, obviously. It seems that whenever we’re in the same room, we would only fight. Avoiding each other is the only way to keep the peace for the moment.”

MyungHee sighed sadly and sat on the edge of MyungSoo’s bed. “It was never this way.” She mumbled. “You two were as close as anything. It was hard to see you in a room without appa, but it seems like now things would only be better if you don’t see each other.”

MyungSoo looked at his sister forlornly, and his heart went out to her. As much as this was tough for him, he knew it was hard for MyungHee and their mother too. They had to see and hear every single fight, and the hurtful words that came out from each other’s mouths that had never been uttered before.

“I know.” He nodded. “Honestly, I don’t like fighting with him either, especially because of a girl. But I couldn’t help it, MyungHee. He just doesn’t seem to understand that she means a lot to me, and I find it hard to comprehend his reasons either. This fight should have never taken place if he just comes clean with me and tell me what is going on. But his mind is like a labyrinth, and the more I try to understand him, I’m getting more lost.”

He confessed and sat down next to his sister, and MyungHee threw him a sympathetic look. She clearly understood what her brother tried to say, and her heart went out to him as she took in the sight of heavy eye bags under his eyes, and she knew then that her brother hadn’t been sleeping properly since the last few days, after their recent fight.

MyungSoo looked at his sister then, trying to form a smile that seemed way too forced. “Are you disturbed by our arguments? How have you been doing?” He asked, wanting to know how exactly MyungHee was feeling about their current situation.

Yes, the fight was between him and his dad, but he couldn’t help but made sure that his mother and sister were not too effected by it. He didn’t want them to worry or feel distressed because of it. HyunJoo had convinced him that she was fine, though he could see the lie in her eyes, but he decided to leave it at that.

MyungHee would be more open with him, though.

“Honestly, I don’t like the two of you fighting.” She admitted, and MyungSoo nodded his head. “It’s because we’ve all never fought before and now it’s just ... getting a little bit complicated. And appa is not making this any easier, too. Sometimes I think that he is just worsening the situation when he thinks he’s actually solving it. I really don’t get why he is so opposed of your relationship with MinNeul.”

MyungSoo stared at his feet as MyungHee fiddled with her fingers, her habit when something was disturbing her. He put his hand over hers to stop that, and released a heavy sigh. “I wish I know why, too.” He whispered, but loud enough for his sister to hear. “Sometimes I thought that this all might be a big mistake. You know, this thing between MinNeul and I. But I’ve never been so confident about something before, and I’ve never wanted something so badly. I thought appa would understand that since he’s loved omma all these years. He should know how it feels like to love someone and actually knows that this person might really be the one. And it actually pains me when he doesn’t, and chooses to make things even more difficult by refus

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter