Dix-sept

Between The Raindrops
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapitre Dix-sept

>Two wrongs don't make it right. Two hearts are on the line<

MyungSoo

After that shocking disclosure the other night, MyungSoo had restless nights ever since. His mind kept thinking about as to how and why his father was in the same photograph as MinNeul’s mom, looking as if he was staring at the most wonderful thing in his life.

MyungSoo knew, because that was how he himself looked at MinNeul.

He sort of had figured it out on that night itself, but he refused to say anything yet in front of MinNeul, because he wasn’t yet certain. However, after many nights of thinking, he slowly began to understand what was really going on.

He might be wrong, but his gut feeling was telling him that after all of those arguments with his father, things had started to make sense. His dad’s persistence that he broke up with MinNeul, and how much he disliked MinNeul despite hadn’t met her in person yet and only saw a picture of her, they were all starting to become clear now.

MyungSoo sighed as he rubbed his face using his hands. He had to admit that this was a big risk. Whatever it was that he had in mind, it might be wrong, and how he hoped that it was wrong. He wouldn’t know what to do if his suspicions were correct. Just thinking about it now almost made him break down and cry.

But he had to know the answers, and he was sure that MinNeul wanted the same thing too. She was dead confused when he told her that the man in the picture was his father, and he didn’t have the heart to continue. He didn’t tell her yet that his father disliked her for some unknown reasons, and that he might’ve figured it all out.

In the end, he just let her come up with her own speculations, and the only thing he told her was that one day they would know what was really going on.

And that one day was now here. MyungSoo didn’t want to delay the inevitable. None of these questions was good for him, and he wanted the truth as soon as possible so that he would know what to do. Because as of right now, this weird situation was slowly driving him crazy and drained his energy bit by bit.

Hence, as he saw his father coming down the stairs that morning, MyungSoo faked a bright smile as he stood up to greet the older man.

“Good morning, appa.”

It had been a while since the last they talked to each other, and as much as it felt awkward to MyungSoo, his father was feeling the same way too. But MyungSoo kept the smile on his face, as to not draw any suspicion from his father and tried his best to seem natural.

“Oh, morning.” WooJin greeted him back cumbersomely, not expecting to see his son early in the morning. It had become a routine of him to leave for work without meeting any of his children anymore, and this was the first time after a while.

“Appa, I know that we’ve stopped talking to each other lately. And to be honest, I don’t like the way our relationship is going right now. So, I would like to make amends.” MyungSoo started, looking extremely regretful at their current situation recently. “I want to patch things up between us, and so I would like to take you and mom out for dinner tonight, if that is okay with you.”

He wasn’t entirely acting, though, as he really did want to make things better with his dad. He doubted that tonight would do that, but he couldn’t help but to hope.

MyungSoo looked at his father with the kind of look that always won his mother over, and he wondered whether his father would fall for it too. But at any rate, his father took the bait.

WooJin sighed and formed a small smile, patting his beloved son on the shoulder. “Of course that is okay with me, boy. I too, hated not talking to you for so long. We’re like best buddies, aren’t we? We watch football together and sometimes you would come to me for business advice. I miss all that.”

“Me too.” MyungSoo answered earnestly. “I hope we could go back to the way things were.” He was being very careful as in not to say anything more, and though he could see his father holding himself back from asking something, he pretended that he didn’t see it.

He knew what his dad was going to ask, and MyungSoo wouldn’t know what to answer. It will all come down to tonight’s event.

WooJin sighed again and enveloped MyungSoo in a hug, to which the younger boy returned. It felt good to hug his father again after so long, and he hoped that they could end this fight with his dad finally telling him the truth about the whole thing.

“So I’ll see you later then, dad.” He said, once he extricated himself from the hug. “I’ll drive the three of us there once I’m home.”

“Isn’t MyungHee coming?” WooJin asked, and MyungSoo threw him a grin. “She has a date with KyonDae and L.Joe. The three of them are probably in need of some quality time, just the three of them.”

WooJin nodded his head at that, and after promising that he would leave from work early, WooJin made his way to the front door, after tapping his son on the shoulder once again. MyungSoo watched his father’s leaving figure and let out a huge breath, slowly sinking down on the chair again.

He had no idea what tonight was going to look like, and despite being worried of what might happen, he decided to cross the bridge when he got there. For now, he just had to make sure that everything went smoothly, because MyungSoo was certain that there would be no second time.

He would get the answers tonight, and he would do whatever it took to make sure that he would.

MinNeul

MinNeul was having breakfast with her mother and twin, and she prepared her mother’s favorite breakfast that day. YoonHe didn’t have breakfast that often with them, and MinNeul somehow begged her mother to sit at the dining table with MinHyuk and her that morning.

MinHyuk even added that they were seeing less of her lately, and upon seeing that sad look on MinHyuk’s face, YoonHe softened and agreed that she could spare a few minutes to have breakfast with them.

MinNeul knew that it wasn’t so much that YoonHe had a lot of work to do at the office, it was just that things had always been this way for the three of them. And because of that, MinNeul decided to take the chance.

“Mom, I’ve been wondering, since it has really been a while since the last time when the we had dinner together as a family, I’ve been thinking to invite you and MinHyuk to my workplace tonight for dinner.” MinNeul began, putting on a happy smile as she glanced at her brother and her mother, and then back to MinHyuk.

MinHyuk brightened at the idea and nodded his head at their mother eagerly. “Oh, I think that’s a great idea. Besides, I’ve never been to MinNeul’s place before and it would be somewhat nice to see how she’s working under pressure. You know, keeping up with the orders and stuff.” He rambled on excitedly, trying to entice their mother into going too.

MinNeul just smiled gratefully at her brother, who had no idea what she was really planning at the time. To MinHyuk, this was just one of the infrequent nights that they had to have dinner together, since the last dinner they had didn’t go so well.

“Besides,” MinHyuk whispered, leaning close to his mother, “maybe you could tell her boss not to go easy on her or something, mom. You know, perhaps let her boss become stricter to her, maybe?”

MinNeul rolled her eyes at her brother, but said nothing. As long as it could get their mother into going, she would let her brother say whatever for now, because she knew that MinHyuk would do a much better job in talking to their mother.

YoonHe looked at her son with a small frown, to which the boy only grinned at her, and she sighed as she shook her head slightly. She looked at her breakfast as if to think, and MinNeul said, “It would really mean a lot to me if you could come tonight, mom. My other colleagues often have their parents come and give them support, too, and I think your presence there might help boost my confidence as well.”

YoonHe looked at her daughter then, who had a pleading look on her face. Well, as much as she didn’t like her daughter’s job, she had to admit that MinNeul was actually good at it, and she loved it so much. And her heart somewhat went out to her daughter when she said that her mother’s presence would be a great support to her.

Looking back, YoonHe realized that she had never been a part of any major things in MinNeul’s life, and this would be the first. She’d missed out a lot, and still felt touched to have her daughter invite her to her workplace, to show her mother what she can do and how much it was important to her to have her mother there.

YoonHe sighed, and after another small encouragement from MinHyuk, she finally gave in. “Okay, okay, fine. I’ll be there.” She said finally, looking at MinHyuk and MinNeul’s excited faces. “I’ll be there with MinHyuk, so you better make sure that you cook deliciously, otherwise I won’t recommend the place to my other friends.”

Not that MinNeul expected her to but nonetheless she still felt happy that her mother was willing to come. It would be YoonHe’s first time, too!

“Thanks, mom!” MinNeul said, and watched as her mother stood up from the chair and began her way to her office. Once YoonHe was out the door, and out of hearing range, MinHyuk turned to his sister and raised an eyebrow.

MinNeul no

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter