Trois

Between The Raindrops
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapitre Trois

>You might feel better if you let me walk with you by your side<

MyungSoo

Days passed, and MyungSoo finally had the chance to bring MinNeul to his guitar class, having promised her previously that he’d definitely bring her one day and that she really wanted to see his guitar class. She’d heard so much about it and MinNeul wanted to see it for herself.

MyungSoo pushed the front door open and entered, trailed by MinNeul behind him, who looked around the place in awe. MyungSoo himself took in the sight of the average sized building, the one he bought using his own savings years ago to open up a class that taught guitar lessons to anyone interested.

It was one of his greatest achievements, and he was glad that so far, business was actually doing well, and more young children enrolled at his place lately. He looked over at the cash register, where KyonDae used to work until she graduated and now having her own job. Still, she’d come in from time to time, saying that she’d missed her job at the front desk.

MinNeul looked at the rows of guitars displayed and she looked so amazed that MyungSoo couldn’t help but to smile. He fell into step next to her and joined her line of vision, taking in wide arrays of classical and electrical guitars.

“I’ve never seen such different types and shapes of guitars. I thought all of them just the same.” MinNeul said, and MyungSoo nodded his head. “Well, there are two types, classical and electrical, and classical guitars are branched out to different types as well. What make them different are their sound quality, appearance, and structure. It also depends on the individual himself, on which guitar is he comfortable with.” He explained.

“SungJong and I teach the students classical guitars, while the other two teach both classical and electrical. According to the reviews that we heard, most of the students definitely prefer electrical more than classic.” He added, and MinNeul cocked an eyebrow. “Oh, so the owner’s own class is not the students’ favorite, then?” She teased, and MyungSoo rolled his eyes. “I think HoYa and SungGyu bribe them.”

MinNeul laughed and shook her head, and MyungSoo decided to introduce her to his colleagues while waiting for the students to start coming for another 20 minutes. He took her from room to room, where each of his friends was in, and their first stop was SungJong’s room, where he was sweeping the floor.

“Morning, SungJong.” MyungSoo greeted, and SungJong smiled at both MyungSoo and MinNeul as he greeted back. SungJong had such a bright smile that it felt intoxicating to MinNeul, especially with his big, twinkling eyes. “Are you a new student?” SungJong asked, and MinNeul chuckled. “No, I’m not, unfortunately. I’m MyungSoo’s friend, and I’m just checking the place out today.” She said, turning to MyungSoo who threw her a smile.

SungJong’s lips lifted upward, showing his perfectly aligned teeth. “Oh, I see.” He turned his gaze to MyungSoo, giving him a smile that MyungSoo couldn’t fathom. It turned out to be a bit creepy to MyungSoo hence he pulled MinNeul’s hand toward the next room, shouting SungJong a quick goodbye.

Once the other two were gone, SungJong quickly fished out his phone and started typing as if his life was depending on it, and giggled to himself, before he started typing again.

“This is SungGyu hyung’s room.” MyungSoo said once they’d reached the second room, which wasn’t that far from SungJong’s. “SungGyu hyung likes to keep the door closed, while the rest of us, we don’t mind keeping the door open.” MyungSoo knocked on the door, calling out SungGyu’s name and after a while of not getting any response, he repeated what he did, and still heard nothing from SungGyu.

MinNeul looked at the door and then at MyungSoo, then at the door again, with a perplexed expression. MyungSoo sighed and rolled his eyes. “He leaves me no choice.” He said, opening the door, which gratefully wasn’t locked, only to find SungGyu sprawling on the floor in a quite hilarious state.

“Oh my.” MinNeul whispered while trying to swallow the laughter that threatened to escape her lips upon the sight of SungGyu’s sleeping figure. He was lying in the middle of the class, his arms, legs spread widely, and he almost looked like a star.

MyungSoo tipped his head to the side and stood there with arms akimbo. “Hyung.” He called, but SungGyu didn’t stir from his sleep. “SungGyu hyung.” Again, no answer. For a moment, MyungSoo was relieved that he saw SungGyu’s chest rose and fell, and not the scenario that he actually had in mind.

“SUNGGYU HYUNG, YOUR STUDENTS ARE HERE!” MyungSoo shouted, causing MinNeul to jump next to him but her attention was still on the sleeping man, who now was no longer sleeping, as he scrambled to his feet in panic and fixed his hair and said, “Morning everyone, morning!”

He turned to the door only to find MyungSoo and MinNeul staring blankly at him, and his hands that were smoothing out his hair fell to his sides. “Oh, only MyungSoo and an unknown person.” He said blandly, and MyungSoo took a closer look at him. “Are you still asleep, hyung?”

SungGyu groaned. “I’m already awake, okay, no thanks to you. Can’t you see how wide-awake I look right now?”

MyungSoo squinted. “I can’t, actually. Your eyes don’t make any difference at all.” He said, and MinNeul laughed silently. “Anyway, MinNeul, this is SungGyu hyung, and now we know why he likes to keep the door closed, and hyung, this is MinNeul, my friend.” He introduced quickly before shepherding MinNeul out the door, changing his mind to stay a bit longer there.

“Go and wash your face, hyung! The kids are arriving soon.” He hollered, and as they made a turn towards HoYa’s room, they ran into him instead. “Oh, HoYa hyung!” MyungSoo said, and before he could introduce the two of them, HoYa beat him to it. “Name’s HoYa. You’re MinNeul right? MyungSoo’s friend.” He said, and MinNeul nodded her head eagerly.

MyungSoo blew a raspberry. “How do you know so fast, hyung?”

HoYa held up his phone with a smug look on his face. “SungJong.”

MyungSoo shrugged then and after saying goodbye to HoYa, he guided MinNeul towards the front, who managed a quick wave to HoYa. HoYa waved back and smirked, before started typing on his phone. SungJong had been sending tons of messages in their group chat, and it was getting on HoYa’s nerves.

ISayHoYouSayYa: Saw them.

SungJongJong: You did??!! I was right, wasn’t I?!?!

ISayHoYouSayYa: Too soon to say, SungJong. But I think you’re right.

GyuGyuGyuGyu: What what what what what???? What did I miss????

SungJongJong: Oh my gosh, hyung, were you on another planet??

GyuGyuGyuGyu: No I’m not now tell me what did I miss!!!

ISayHoYouSayYa: Have you seen MyungSoo and his friend just now?

GyuGyuGyuGyu: Yeah, I have. They woke me up from sleep. What about it?

SungJongJong: Hyung, you missed out a lot.

GyuGyuGyuGyu: THAT’S WHY I SAID TELL ME WHAT DID I MISS

ISayHoYouSayYa: Later, not now. Class is starting soon.

“So, you’ve met my friends, who are also my colleagues, and that’s about it, I guess. There is nothing much to show you, though.” MyungSoo said, once they were back at the front part of the class. MinNeul still looked amazed from the whole thing, despite MyungSoo saying that there wasn’t much to show her.

“I think the place is awesome, MyungSoo. And once you’ve brought in the new instruments you said, it will be more awesome, not that it’s not that awesome already.” She said with a smile, and MyungSoo’s lips twitched, fighting from wanting to smile himself. Her smile shined like the stars in the sky, with no bright city lights to dim them. It was as if the sun opened its eager light to shine about her, only brightening her flawlessly aligned teeth.

The front door opened, and their attentions turned towards it. MyungSoo immediately grinned before rushing towards the person who came in, his beam was wide as he knelt to hug her. “JiEun!” He said, feeling JiEun’s little hands hugged around his neck.

“MyungSoo ahjussi!” The little girl cried out, and MyungSoo frowned as he let her go. “MyungSoo ahjussi? Still? I told you to call me oppa!” He whined, and looked at JiEun’s dad, who must be the culprit, no doubt. “Hyung, did you brain wash her to still call me ahjussi?!”

WooHyun looked at MyungSoo with a very bored expression, and MinNeul had a feeling that they’d had this conversation a million times, and WooHyun was so done with MyungSoo. “You’re too old to be her oppa, MyungSoo, and that is all I am going to say.” WooHyun stated, and MyungSoo blew a raspberry annoyingly.

WooHyun simply ignored his childish behavior and said that JiEun wanted to visit the place that day, since she’d just finished her entire lesson a couple of months ago. MyungSoo held the little girl so close to him and introduced both WooHyun and JiEun to MinNeul, who’d been watching silently from the side.

JiEun warmed to MinNeul almost instantly, and MinNeul just couldn’t resist wanting to hug the little girl. She was the most adorable thing she’d ever seen, with he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter