Switch

Love Him for Me

Eric Mun is not a lavish man, Hyesung thought as he steps into the worn out van. Either that, or this is the most convenient vehicle to traffic his victims. It is almost two months since Eric started joining him at the cafe. His house mate will be furious if he finds out about Hyesung’s newfound friendship. But Eric is not dangerous to him. Hyesung could tell Eric has his own reasons to take the lives of the people he killed. But no matter what, this man is the only one Dongwan had forbid him to have contact with.

“What are you thinking about?” Eric asks, glancing at Hyesung for a second before turning his concentration back to the road.

“The man I love.” Hyesung replies with a sigh. “And how angry he will be if he knows I am with you now.”

“Dongwan…” Eric says in an unhappy tone. He has not expected Dongwan to reveal to Hyesung they knew each other. But it seems Dongwan only told that much since Hyesung always pester him for stories about their past. He can see how infatuated Hyesung is with Dongwan, and that makes him angry.

Eric swirls his van abruptly at the junction, startling the journalist.

“Where are we going?”

Eric doesn’t reply. He drives to Andy’s beach, parks his car and alights.

“What are you doing?!” The furious journalist questions. He was supposed to send the journalist to some petty crime scene for some minor reports. Eric ignores Hyesung’s dissatisfaction and opens up the back of the van. The journalist can earn more just by writing about him and his glorious crimes.

“Eric Mun! I am talking to you!” Hyesung alights and strides to the back of the van, fuming. When he turns over, a bouquet of roses is shoved into his face.

“Wh…” Before Hyesung can form a proper word, a pair of lips land on his.

***

Dongwan sits at the dining table, staring at the sesame fried rice that already turns cold. He is not a fan of sesame, but since Hyesung likes it, he always cooks with the healthy seeds. His phone beeps. Hyesung has just sent him a text to say he will be staying out tonight.

Has Eric made a move? Dongwan thought tiredly. He pushes himself up, took the plate and advances towards the trash bin, pouring all content away. He has no appetite for dinner.

When Hyesung returns the next morning, Dongwan is standing near the door with his arms cross, leaning against the wall.

“Hey…” Hyesung greets, “you’re awake.” He turns quickly back to the door, rotating the key to lock it, at the same time hiding his heated face from Dongwan. Somehow, he feels as if he had betrayed Dongwan by accepting Eric’s confession, even if Dongwan and him are not a couple.

Dongwan notes how Hyesung’s voice quivers. “Where were you yesterday?” The officer interrogates.

“I…I went to a friend’s house.” Hyesung replies, still facing the door.

“Friend?” It is obvious it was Eric. Hyesung doesn’t have many friends to begin with. It is hard to know if the pain he feels is from his contracting heart, or is his heart contracting because of the pain. Dongwan turns back into his room to get his gears for mountain climbing. When he returns to the living room, Hyesung is still frozen by door. Dongwan ignores the man and left the house.

As usual, he shouts the man’s name at the summit. “SHIN HYESUNG!” He repeats. This time he never takes a short clip to send the journalist. Dongwan’s shoulders shake violently as his body slides against the tree. He curls into a ball at the foot of it.

“Eric…” he sobs. “Why are you doing this?”

P.S: I realised I just make life difficult for myself by changing the events of this chapters =.=" Eric was not supposed to confess like this. Hyesung wasn't supposed to accept. How do I continue??? =O