His smile was the brightest

Love Him for Me

Minwoo quietly shuts the door to his office, giving Hyesung his time to finally cry and let his emotions out. The journalist has gone through tremendous in a short span of time. Apart from being put at gun point, losing one of the men he loves and learning the past between Eric and Dongwan, Hyesung has to numb himself of all these so he can take care of the broken Dongwan.

"How is Hyesung hyung?"

Minwoo turns around. Junjin is standing outside his office, waiting for him. The younger man’s swollen eyes betray that he had cried again. Minwoo pretends not to notice.

“He will be fine. He just needs to finally let his emotions out,” The older one replies. After all the despairing events, he is seeing the self-doubting and at some point annoying (remember Hyesung irritates the police force a lot) journalist in a different light. Despite his own insecurities, Hyesung will toughen himself up just so to protect the ones he loves.

“How is Dongwan?” Minwoo asks Junjin. The younger officer was tasked to be with Dongwan when Hyesung came over to Minwoo’s office. Dongwan is not in a state where he can be left alone yet.

“Hyung is still not recognising anyone and is refusing to let us go near Eric hyung’s urn." Junjin bites his lower lips, trying to prevent another wave of crying. He only found out Dongwan is his real brother when Minwoo told him. Junjin is not involved in the investigation into Eric's case due to his proximity to it as one of Eric's target. "Kangta and Jihoon (2 of their colleagues) are with hyung in the meeting room on 6th floor now."

Minwoo nods wearily. He called Junjin over the phone to ask the man to collect Dongwan's letter from him earlier. Since these letters are part of the seized items from his old friend's place, Minwoo had to get clearance from his superiors before he is allowed to release them to their respective recipients.

Minwoo passes Dongwan’s letter over to the man's younger brother. "You are the best person to hand this to him."

Junjin receives the letter from Minwoo. The older one continues to study him, deliberating. Finally, Minwoo fishes out one more folded piece of paper and hands it to Junjin. Junjin takes the paper not knowing what it is.

“Eric wrote 3 letters. The last one is for you.”

A sharp pain attacks Junjin’s chest as his grip tightens on the paper Minwoo just handed him. Eric hyung, Andy’s brother, his brother’s lover, a hyung that used to laugh with him and the man who held him responsible for Andy’s death left a note for him. What would Eric want to tell him?

Minwoo sighs and closes his eyes when his tears for Eric at last arrive. "Eric is a good man," he says softly. He was deliberating if he should let Junjin read his letter before or after the man speak to Dongwan. He decides Junjin should see it first.

Junjin nervously unfolds the letter. Just one line before the sign off, but it hits Junjin likes a tsunami.

Thank you for loving Andy. His smile was the brightest the day before the mission.

Eric

Finally Jin's relationship with Andy is acknowledged. And by the person who matter the most xD BTW, the day before the mission was when Junjin finally confessed. Was hinted in chapter 14. By right I should add a flashback here but since jindy are gg to get their own chapter I'll go by left and explain here why Eric mentioned Andy's smile on that day. 

And Hyesung!!! In the earlier part of the story he was the weak victim-like character. But when he is needed to protect the people around him, he always becomes the strongest. Like the time he helped Eric removed the bullet, or when he confronted Eric in order to save Junjin. And lastly, not allowing his pain to consume him so he can take care of Dongwan. 

Next chapter will really be the last. I don't see how I can split it again even if it gets too long. XD 

Thank you for staying with me for 3 months on this story!! <3